Asics Love?!? Where is it?

No shots and its all love, but this type of attitude is just false for the most part. Not you specifically but in general. I am unsure why people are ashamed to say they like exclusivity when thats part of the reason all of us got into sneakers! I ******* love it. Its why I like making customs. literally nobody has the shoes I make. Nobody. 
obviously I can only speak for myself, but I honestly only buy sneakers that I really really like aesthetically. I appreciate generic GR Nike SB Dunks or Gel Lytes just as much as those sneakers in my collection that are worth 4-figures. Might be part of the reason why my collection is not that big, but that I wouldn't dream of letting only one of them go. 

Being in the Asics-thread, the latest releases are a good example. What they put out in GL III 25 anniversary editions doesn't speak to me at all, whereas I totally dig that light brown-ink blue one. 

Not saying that exclusivity is strong factor for many when deciding for or against making a purchase. Before this turns into a fundamental debate :wink: my comment about him designing his own salmon toes was totally true. 

I think it would have been sick to just switch the hues a bit. Have a dolphins like teal with a more orange/coral toe. Combine ecp with salmon toe or something like that.  I personally feel there is not only a big lack of creativity in customs, but the ones that actually have creativity get no love. People want to see pre existing collabs on different models. Like how much creativity is involved in making a gl3 the burger colorway? I dunno. I see both sides as well and its not like I am not guilty myself. I have made red devil new balance 576 with just a few minor differences, but by in large I see a serious lack of creativity in customs. 

Nothing like a fresh pair of Kayanos for a long work day
this is a reason why I love my kayano's. Perfect for if youre going to be on your feet standing and moving around all day. the stability and comfort it provides overall is outstanding. 

for me there's nothing wrong with "copying" a popular shoe. with all those limited stuff, at least for me, it's just that i often really like the cw and thats about it. i couldn't care less, if it was a GR or a collab with the allmighty himself. and if you miss out on the release, why not just make it yourself? especially if you are as skilled as him.
I agree dude. It's your shoes, do what you want with them. Kudo's to him for pulling off such a clean mod...I would do it in heartbeat.

I think it would have been sick to just switch the hues a bit. Have a dolphins like teal with a more orange/coral toe. Combine ecp with salmon toe or something like that.  I personally feel there is not only a big lack of creativity in customs, but the ones that actually have creativity get no love. People want to see pre existing collabs on different models. Like how much creativity is involved in making a gl3 the burger colorway? I dunno. I see both sides as well and its not like I am not guilty myself. I have made red devil new balance 576 with just a few minor differences, but by in large I see a serious lack of creativity in customs. 
You should make a pair of the orange and teals. id love to see that. 

I agree there is a lack of creativity with some customs. People (customizers and buyers) are scared to take risks. Alot of times they would rather stick to the norm than stand out. 

Glad we can have an actual discussion without it turning bloody haha. Some of these NT threads...smh. Repped. 

I dont want to come off as a hater, but I think its super weird to make a salmon toe custom on a gl3. That shoe already exists. The time and effort into making them could have been spent on a better, more original colorway which is kind of the essence of customs. Not copying a hyped item. Just my personal opinion. 

I agree. Salmon Toe customs are played out enough as it it.

I posted a progress shot of these salmon toe customs Ive been working on a while back. I finally put the finishing touches on them.  Better than spending a grand on a pair to me.

Got to wear em a little bit last night. I love how they looked on feet. Hope you guys enjoy. 
Really, really nice. Just a question, how have you painted the sole? What kind of paint? I'm trying to do some custom on a pair i have, i would really apreciate your answer.

I actually dyed the soles. I think it will last better than paint...tho it will wear of eventually. 

Another pic of the Mita collab I found on FB

mmmmm. really dk about these now. too much stitching 

Also, is 1999 pairs really THAT limited for GLIIIs? i saw bait doing in store raffle only and said "extremely limited" just seems to me like it shouldn't be that hard. 

pretty sure i saw that 1999 pairs # somewhere. 

those Mitas are disgusting

colors remind me of something i'd find in a McDonald's happy meal toy

So did anybody pick up the Grand opening Vs? I would really like to see some unfiltered photos and hear some opinions...

Back
Top Bottom