Asics Love?!? Where is it?

IMO, these epitomize the collab hype.  Pretty basic and wouldn't get a second look if these weren't UA
I disagree. they are "simple" but I like that more some of the time. It really just depends on the quality. 

Why couldnt they have just gone with the sample color blocking...better and less used imo. 

IMO, these epitomize the collab hype.  Pretty basic and wouldn't get a second look if these weren't UA
Collab hype? Couldn't disagree with you more. These would still instant sell out if they weren't UA.
The quality & CW's of the GR's are getting better each day. Look at the Pure Pack, they sold out in seconds too. Focus on the Design, not the 'Branding'.

Last edited:

This is probably the best Asics GLV so far, imo...
Leather toebox?  Other pix make it appear as if it's suede/nubuck, but it clearly looks to be leather in this pic.  Also, some write-ups on sneaker sites (not sure how accurate) indicate the upper is comprised of suede/nubuck.

@Cmonbeeazy  (or anyone else who may know definitively for that matter) What it be yo?

^not knocking your offer....but it seems the recent RFs aren't doing so hot on the secondary market. I randomly got offered a pair at retail yesterday & they're sitting around retail on eBay also. Not that there's anyth wrong with that (I took the guy's offer), just an observation. Is this the norm with RF collabs, will they shoot up later, or are ppl just not rocking w/ these like that?

^not knocking your offer....but it seems the recent RFs aren't doing so hot on the secondary market. I randomly got offered a pair at retail yesterday & they're sitting around retail on eBay also. Not that there's anyth wrong with that (I took the guy's offer), just an observation. Is this the norm with RF collabs, will they shoot up later, or are ppl just not rocking w/ these like that?
By and large, peeps don't seem to be feeling the Gel Sight as a model, nor do they feel it warrants the lofty retail price-point.  Couple that with what many also feel is a less than stellar (even derivative) execution and well, there ya have it.  I've also heard complaints of the shoe, despite quality suede, feeling cheap from a structural standpoint (light and flimsy, almost cardboard-esque).  So yeah...quite a few knocks on this particular release.

Last edited:
UA GLVs look like they are all leather right? Hard to tell with the pics.

Also, Da Vincis look like they have a suede toebox to me @McSoundwave  

Leather toebox?  Other pix make it appear as if it's suede/nubuck, but it clearly looks to be leather in this pic.  Also, some write-ups on sneaker sites (not sure how accurate) indicate the upper is comprised of suede/nubuck.

@Cmonbeeazy  (or anyone else who may know definitively for that matter) What it be yo?
On the Geminis, one toe box is suede the other is leather (non perf) and I prefer the leather toebox. The leather that commonwealth used is sooooo nice and soft. Ive worn them 15 ish times and the leather one looks brand new. It has less creasing than the suede pair for sure. 

I hope the davincis are the same materials.

Just gona leave this right here,
The midsole imo throws the

Looks like leather in this pic too, I hope they are easier to maintain

Yes, it has been like this forever when the model is not the hot ones like GL3/GLV. Thats why people were laughing at these kids lining up at cali pop up.

Last edited:

Collab hype? Couldn't disagree with you more. These would still instant sell out if they weren't UA.
The quality & CW's of the GR's are getting better each day. Look at the Pure Pack, they sold out in seconds too. Focus on the Design, not the 'Branding'.
   I'm all for design/color blocking  over branding and I'm very much a fan of higher quality GRs that have been releasing lately (I have 2 being delivered today actually).  RE:  this particular pair, maybe the color blocking is to contrasting for my tastes.  RE: quality, based solely on the leaked pics I've seen, it looks like pretty standard fare. 

I can appreciate subtle, but when a shop has the opportunity to develop something with the the shoe company, why not take advantage of it and create something worthwhile.  This doesn't mean gaudy nor does it mean flashy or obnoxious.  It doesn't even need a 'story' or theme.  In any case, these will probably  retail for $170+ which is $50 too much.

Back
Top Bottom