Battlefield: 3 -Official Thread- Be Advised: We are Mission Launch -

For those who want to play the last few hours of the Beta, I think you have about 8 hours left before it ends (12pm CET/CST).
nerd.gif

So that means it's up until 6pm over here, and around 6am EST for you guys. I need to practice my sniping.
laugh.gif

Just got into a server with a dude hacking. I died like every 5 seconds... getting killed by a damn Radio Beacon. $#%#$.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

25qvqly.png

MP Maps revealed - MP Map Embargo ends Friday - Possible Previews?
nerd.gif

Operation Métro (MP_Subway)

Caspian Border (MP_Forest) 

Grand Bazaar (MP_Bazaar)

Operation Firestorm (MP_Oilfields)

Tehran Highway (MP_Highway)

Noshahr Canals (MP_Canals)

Seine Crossing (MP_Paris)

Kharg Island (MP_Kharg)

Damavand Peak (MP_Basejump)

Those are the maps that are being released in the Full Game... WHERE THE !@#$ IS A NEW YORK MP MAP!? Better have one for DLC.. 

Some incite into BF3's damage model from Demize's latest tweets
The damage bug has been corrected so no more head shot damage being done with body shots but no major changes to the damage model for when it's working correctly: 
Twitter
Quote:

@Demize99 still really sorry to bother you, but i'm liking the bullet damage in beta it's not been changed apart from the 1hit kill bug yes?

Quote:

@dandyboots Correct, a bug has been fixed and some weapons have been balanced, but the core is intact.

HC features a 50% damage increase, so that the average 5.56 mm AR will kill in 3 shots: 
Twitter
Quote:

@Demize99 How much more demage% will HC have?

Quote:

@eddietoast About 50% It will be around 3 shots at point blank with assault rifles, one good burst.

Core mode damage ranges from highest body damage being 34 upclose with 7.62 mm weapons such as the SCAR-H, G3, M60. I don't know the long range damage for these guns but I imagine they become 4 hit kills at long range. Standard 5.56 ARs do roughly 20.8 upclose and drop off to roughly 16.7 at long range.
Twitter
Quote:

@Demize99 Hmm, I like the damage but I think 25-16.7 would be better, cqc feels disjointedly more easy than long range atm.

4 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete

Quote:

@DK0390 34 is only for the 7.62mm weapons, generally have higher recoil, deviation, and slower rates of fire.

4 hours ago via Digsby Favorite Retweet Reply

Interestingly, the damage model uses the BC2 XM8 with magnum as a basis, and then was tweaked slightly so 16.7 x 1.25 = 20.87 or the standard ar damage for the 5.56 rifles in BF3:
http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/statu...27512918351872
Quote:

@DK0390 The XM8 with Magnum is the basis for damage in BF3, then tweaked to fit the larger maps and more open spaces of BF3.

So BF3 bullet damage is more similar to BC2 than what we thought originally (due to the damage bug causing head multipliers to the body), differences are that Demize has basically took the BC2 damage model and shaved off the damage of the lower ttk weapons like F2000, PP2000, MG3 and focused the BF3 damage model around BC2's magnum equipped XM8, AN94 and AUG so the average ar will be a 5 - 6 hit kill in core , which along with the emphasis on recoil over deviation is exactly what I wanted.

Additionally I'd imagine he based the 7.62mm guns around BC2's G3 with magnum but buffed the damage slightly to make it a 3 hit kill upclose to compensate for BF3's increased recoil model.

TL;DR: Most ARs in core will be 5-6 and some guns with heavier rounds will be 3-4.

Im glad theyre keeping the Damage Model that was in the beta.. it was PERFECT!
pimp.gif
(when it worked)  
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Thought if you pre-ordered from Gamestop you got some more maps ?
nerd.gif

Its an expansion pack.. So its not a Map Pack (Which is a DUMB move by DICE) so its like BFBC2 Vietnam... 

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Thought if you pre-ordered from Gamestop you got some more maps ?
nerd.gif

Its an expansion pack.. So its not a Map Pack (Which is a DUMB move by DICE) so its like BFBC2 Vietnam... 
So they're not maps? I didn't even get the Vietnam map pack for BFBC2..

Nope. Not Maps. Its like a little game outside the original game .. But its free w/ PreOrders so is whatever lol
Luke - Like Don said, Depends. ALL Preorders include the Back To Karkland Expansion Pack

Newegg - Cheapest. But only w/ Promocodes ; Which already expired. $47.99

Amazon - Dog Tag Pack (More Custimzation for Dog Tags [Kinda like a PlayerCard, sorta] + $10 ECredit for Amazon? (i think)

BestBuy - SpecAct Kit (Multiplayer Soldier Skins/Camos)

GameStop - Physical Warfare Pack (Some attachments for specific guns & a LMG)

Anyways

DICE talks about BF3 Beta reactions, certification delays , & post-launch support

I had a chance to talk with Battlefield 3's executive producer, Patrick Bach. He was a pleasure to speak with, refreshingly frank about the game's development process, the challenges faced in making an ambitious multiplayer game like Battlefield 3, and even the technical difficulties they were having with the PC version that day. We talked for a while about the public reaction to the beta, which has been mixed.

Kotaku: So, how has it been, hearing some of the negative feedback from the Beta?

Patrick Bach: The only thing we can do is tell people that: "These are the things we have fixed since the beta." And also based on the feedback from the beta. But other than that… you need to let people play it. The problem with having a beta is that you hand out a product that is not done. Deliberately. You do it because you want to get feedback on not only what the players think, but also on how things are holding up, what can we read from the network traffic, how is everything holding up, how are all of the systems that are brand new holding up. You could argue that maybe we shouldn't do a beta."

It's a double-edged sword.

If we don't do [a beta], then we might have problems day one. So the only way to ensure that we have less problems day one is to have a beta. But if you have a beta (laughs) people will hate you, and think that you're stupid.

We get complaints like, "How can you guys miss obvious things like A, B, and C?" And we didn't miss it. We just weren't done with it. But we had to get it out so that we get results back, so we can fix it. The lead time when you do a beta is actually pretty long. You need to go through certification on consoles, and do a lot of things before you get it out. And since you want to get it out on all three platforms at the same time to avoid further whining… (chuckles)… it takes as long as the longest platform certification time.
"This was a real beta, and I don't think people are used to it. They get the product, and they think, "you have to entertain me," because it's an entertainment product."

How long is that?

Around a month and a half. Which means that when we're done with that beta, we say "Okay, this is it. Now let's go back and finish the game." When we got to the point [six weeks later] that we actually released the beta, the game was in completely different shape. We couldn't really tell people because then we'd have to go through the process again.

It sounds like certification hobbles the beta process somewhat.

Yes.

What's a way to make that better in the future?

One way of fixing the problem is… don't make betas. At least not open betas. Because often when you see betas, sometimes they are actually demos. But they call it a beta, to sound cool. This was a real beta, and I don't think people are used to it. They get the product, and they think, "you have to entertain me," because it's an entertainment product.

And it's like, "Well, it's a broken entertainment product, because we want your feedback." And they say, "Well, I understand that, but it's not polished enough!" And we say, "Well, that's exactly what we're talking about!"

So the challenge is: listen, but don't overreact. Understand that people are disappointed, but that you have to do it.

Or, don't do it. Don't make a beta. At least not an open one.

And just do closed testing.

But that's hard as well. We had an alpha as well, that was much worse.

Did any of that leak to the public?

Yes, it always does. And people complain about that as well, but it wasn't as many people. It wasn't such a big hassle. Now, it's a big thing, people make videos of it and we say, "yeah, thank you; we know, we know."

And what you're playing today [at this media event], except for the stability issues, the game doesn't have those issues anymore. It should be more or less 99% mitigated.

Yeah, other than the stability it runs fine. I'm not seeing too many in-game bugs.

But then of course, we do have those stability issues. And other frustrations.

Right, seems like there's always going to be some problem or another. So after it launches, you'll be looking at those things and updating the game?

Absolutely. Patching of this game and updating, if it's Battlelog or the core game, that's a big, long-term engagement. We really want to stay in the game post-launch. From an economic standpoint, that's not the cleverest thing to do, but that's not why we make games. We want to make games that we can be proud of, and releasing a game of this magnitude; it's quite a big game.

We know that we won't hit 100% at launch. We won't be able to say "It's perfect." Better to release it than to wait another year. Release it, and make sure we follow up on it. We've been shipping so many Battlefield games that we know that people will keep playing it. If it's good enough, they'll keep playing it.

I still play Bad Company 2.

But it wasn't great on day one. People hated it on day one. It was a complete disaster, according to the forums, it was the crappiest game ever. And then we patched it and fixed some issues. And now it's like some people think it was perfect from day one. It was the best game ever! Why can't Battlefield 3 be perfect from day one. But I mean [Battlefield 3 ] is much better today day one than Bad Company 2 was day one.

What did you think of the reaction to the beta for Bad Company 2? Was that beta feedback the same?

It was the same, just smaller. "It was the worst game ever." So we're used to it, but now it's blown out of proportion because there I think six times the amount of people playing the beta as we had in Bad Company and it's the same problems. They say the same things, "You're stupid," "We hate you,"

And we're like… "Sorry!

BF3 to have Custom Apperance Options?
In June Battlefield 3 pre-order bonuses started surfacing, one such bonus includes "eight unique mulitplayer skins for the elite player." Otherwise known as the SPECACT kit. We assume that this is what the appearance option includes. There haven't been any screen shots or information on what the camouflage options in BF3 offer, but they will probably work to help the blend the player in urban, desert, and forest battlefields. You can see the option in the Battlefield 3 screenshot below.

Fun fact: The antagonist in the Battlefield 3 campaign is "Solomon

Im wondering if this is ONLY SpecAct Kit? But we have seen both a Black & White Combat Medic for the US faction... We'll see ..

List of Unlocks for Vehicles + Points to Unlocks
I have painstakingly gone through and typed out all the information on vehicle unlocks from the Battlelog system. The points for each unlock may change as DICE modifies the system. This took me a few hours so please enjoy.

The definitions of the unlocks are on the second page.

-----------------------------------------------

Land/Sea

TYPE - MODEL US / MODEL RUS

Stationary AT M220 TOW / 9M133 Kornet

No Unlocks

Stationary AA Centurion C-RAM / Pantsir-S1

No Unlocks

Vehicle Jeep Growler ITV / VDV Buggy

No Unlocks

Vehicle Jeep M1114 HMMWV/ Vodnik GAZ-3927

No Unlocks

Vehicle Transport RIB Boat

No Unlocks

Vehicle Transport AAV-7A1 (USMC amphibious troop transport)

No Unlocks

Vehicle IFV LAV-25 / BMP-2M

Points - Unlock

2300 - IR Smoke

5200 - ATGM Launcher

9200 - Belt Speed

14400 - Coaxial LMG

20800 - Thermal Optics

28200 - Proximity Scan

36900 - Zoom Optics

46700 - Maintenance

57600 - APFSDS-T Shell

69700 - Thermal Camo

83000 - Guided Missle

97400 - Reactive Armor

Vehicle AA LAV-AD / 9K22 Tunguska

Points - Unlock

2000 - IR Smoke

4000 - Anti-Air Missle

7000 - Belt Speed

10000 - Zoom Optics

14000 - Proximity Scan

22000 - Thermal Optics

28000 - Air Radar

33000 - Maintenance

40000 - Thermal Camo

60000 - Reactive Armor

Vehicle MBT M1 Abrams / T90-A

Points - Unlock

1900 - IR Smoke

4300 - Coaxial LMG

7700 - Auto Loader

12000 - Zoom Optics

17300 - Maintenance

23500 - Coaxial HMG

30800 - Proximity Scan

38900 - Guided Shell

48000 - Thermal Optics

58100 - Thermal Camo

69200 - Canister Shell

81200 - Reactive Armor

-----------------------------------------------

Aircraft

Vehicle Air Helicopter Transport UH-1Y Venom / KA-60 Kasatka

No Unlocks

Vehicle Air Helicopter Scout AH-6J (Little Bird) / Z-11W

Points - Unlock

1800 - Stealth

3900 - IR Flares

7000 - Heatseakers

10900 - Belt Speed

15800 - Proximity Scan

21400 - Air Radar

28000 - Extinguisher

35400 - Maintenance

43800 - Guided Missle

63000 - Laser Painter

73900 - ECM Jammer

Vehicle Air Helicopter Attack AH-1Z Viper / MI-28 Havoc

Points - Unlock

1100 - Stealth

2500 - IR Flares

4500 - Heatseekers

7000 - Autoloader

10100 - Zoom Optics

13800 - Proximity Scan

18000 - Air Radar

22800 - Guided Missle

28100 - Extinguisher

34000 - Maintenance

40500 - Thermal Optics

47500 - Laser Painter

63300 - ECM Jammer

72000 - Guided Rocket

81300 - TV Missle

Vehicle Air Jet Attack A-10 Thunderbolt / SU-25TM Frogfoot

*Note: A-10 doesn't list any perks but Frogfoot does. So it's a mistake and either they both have something or neither does. 

Points - Unlock

1600 - Stealth

3600 - IR Flares

6400 - Heatseeker

10100 - Belt Speed

14500 - Proximity Scan

19700 - Air Radar

25800 - Extinguisher

40300 - Maintenance

48700 - Guided Missle

58000 - Beam Scanning

66000 - ECM Jammer

Vehicle Air Jet Fighter F/A-18E Super Hornet / SU-35BM Flanker-E

Points - Unlock

1600 - Stealth

3600 - IR Flares

6400 - Heatseeker

10100 - Belt Speed

14500 - Proximity Scan

19700 - Air Radar

25800 - Extinguisher

40300 - Maintenance

48700 - Guided Missle

58000 - Beam Scanning

66000 - ECM Jammer

------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: BF3 Vehicle Unlocks - Levels and Details of Unlocks 

Unlocks in Alphabetical Order

Air Radar - The range of your minimap increases greatly and reveals all friendly and enemy aircraft.

Anti-Air Missle (AA) - Anti-aircraft missile launchers are mounted on the turret which will lock on to and track enemy air vehicles.

APFSDS-T Shell (APC) - Armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (with tracer) ammo which deals more direct damage but has no explosive element.

ATGM Launcher (APC) - Wire-guided anti-tank missile launchers are mounted on the turret.

Autoloader - An enhanced mechanism decreases the minimum time between firing rounds in your main weapon.

Belt Speed - An enhanced mechanism decreases the minimum time between firing bursts with your main weapon.

Beam Scanning (Jets) - A computer upgrade for advanced weapon systems that helps you lock on to enemy targets faster when using heat seeking or laser-guided missiles.

Canister Shell (Tank) - A tank shell encasing thousands of tungsten balls fired though the cannon muzzle like a shotgun.

Coaxial LMG - A light machine-gun mounted coaxially to your main weapon.

Coaxial HMG (Tank) - A heavy machine-gun mounted coaxially to your main weapon.

ECM Jammer (Aircraft) - Electronic countermeasures including chaff launchers and deceptive transmitters prevent your aircraft from being locked on to by enemy weapon systems for a short time when activated.

Extinguisher (Aircraft) - A controlled air pressure release in the engine compartment will extinguish engine fires when activated, helping a disabled aircraft return to normal operation and recover from damage.

Guided Missile (Ground to Ground) - Laser-guided anti-tank missile launchers are mounted on the turret which lock on to and track enemy land vehicles and can acquire laser-designated targets even if they are out of line-of-sight. 

Guided Missile (Air to Ground) - Laser-Guided missiles launched by the pilot which lock on to and track enemy land vehicles and can acquire laser-designated targets even if they are out of line-of-sight. (Within Attack Helo, Gunner Position Only)

Guided Rocket (Attack Helo Pilot Only) - The pilot's rockets are equipped with semi-active guidance systems, increasing accuracy and thereby range of effectiveness.

Guided Shell (Tank) - A Smart Target-Activated Fire and Forget shell that can lock on to and track enemy land vehicles and can acquire laser-designated targets even if they are out of line-of-sight.

Heatseekers (Aircraft) - Heat seeking missiles launched by the pilot which lock on to and track enemy aircraft.

IR Flares (Aircraft) - Infrared flare launchers that when launched will distract incoming missiles and cause them to miss their locked target.

IR Smoke (Land) - Smoke grenades enhanced with metal filaments that when launched remove laser-designation, spoof incoming guided missiles, and prevent enemies from revealing your position to teammates.

Laser Painter (Aircraft) - Nose-mounted targeting systems designate an enemy vehicle in your line of sight automatically, painting them as a target for teammates using laser-guided weapons.

Maintenance - Preventative maintenance procedures improve your vehicles recovery from damage.

Proximity Scan - External sensors detect and reveal enemy units on your minimap.

Reactive Armor (Land) - Reactive armor panels and/or stats absorb the impact from anti-tank weapons, protecting you from damage but becoming destroyed in the process.

Stealth (Aircraft) - Engine tuning and fuselage coating materials disguise your vehicle's infrared signature, increasing enemy locking and tracking difficulty and decreasing the time you are revealed to the enemy from being spotted.

Thermal Camo (Land) - Anti-reflective coating on your vehicle increases enemy locking and tracking difficulty and decreases the time you are revealed to the enemy from being spotted.

Thermal Optics - A secondary weapon sight with thermal optics that highlights soldiers and vehicles for efficient target identification.

TV Missile (Attack Helo Gunner Only) - TV-Guided missiles launched by the helicopter gunner which are flown by direct-feed-video

Zoom Optics - A secondary weapon sight with up to 3x magnification. (Within Attack Helo, Gunner Position Only)

BF3Campaign to feature Cop Killing & EA Responds 
battlefield-3.jpg

Last week, we learned via the ESRB that upcoming shooter Battlefield 3 will feature cop-killing. Not as a main mission or anything, but as ancillary content. Here's how the ESRB describes it:

"In one sequence, a restrained character's throat is slit (off-screen); in another, players shoot police officers to complete a mission objective. The words 'f***' and 's***' can be heard frequently in the dialogue."

When asked for clarification by Eurogamer, Electronic Arts issued a statement saying:

"I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. For God's sake, there is a nuke in Paris! Millions of lives are at stake."

Which is the most awesome statement that has ever been issued about a video game, ever.http://

If you read between the lines, it seems that EA is saying: "Within the context of the story, violence against law officers is necessary, though regrettable."

Controversy over, right? I guess we'll see when the actual game launches on October 25 and the cop-killing either causes a "No Russians" style media flare-up, or everyone ignores it because there are real problems in the real world that need to be solved, and solving cartoon problems that happen in video games isn't taken seriously by the media, politicians and the public. I'm hoping for the former, but expecting the latter, to be honest.

If you're interested in further descriptions of violence in Battlefield 3, here's the rest of the ESRB's description of the game's content:

"The frequent combat is highlighted by realistic gunfire and large explosions; characters sometimes scream and emit large splashes of blood when shot. Players can also engage in hand-to-hand combat: repeatedly punching enemies in the face; stabbing soldiers to death with knives.

Punching and stabbing: CONFIRMED!

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...nds-to-cop-killing-revelations/#ixzz1aVl0k9Ll

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...nds-to-cop-killing-revelations/#ixzz1aVl0k9Ll

Back
Top Bottom