Before and After Photos of An Abandoned Detroit School

What about around Comerica? Are people like sitting ducks after games?
HELL NO

downtown is probably the safest public place outside of palmer woods and sherwood forest (nice neighborhoods)

not to mention police are deep as hell so no one is makin any moves, most of that noise you guys hear be deep eastside or brightmoor stuff, any attractions you want to go to is extra safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. Those pictures are pretty depressing to see how this crap can be happening here in America. Some of those inner cities are starting to look like 3rd world countries! :smh:

HELL NO

downtown is probably the safest public place outside of palmer woods and sherwood forest (nice neighborhoods)

not to mention police are deep as hell so no one is makin any moves, most of that noise you guys hear be deep eastside or brightmoor stuff, any attractions you want to go to is extra safe

after a game this summer me and my buddies got lost, i dont know where we ended up. middle of a nice summer day we were on an abandoned street without a damn car in site for a mile. it was crazy, every single place was boarded up or torn down. then we randomly see some crack heads sitting around in random spots and a bald headed woman selling sex in the middle of the street.

it was odd :lol:

HELL NO

after a game this summer me and my buddies got lost, i dont know where we ended up. middle of a nice summer day we were on an abandoned street without a damn car in site for a mile. it was crazy, every single place was boarded up or torn down. then we randomly see some crack heads sitting around in random spots and a bald headed woman selling sex in the middle of the street.

OMG, you guys werent shot, stabbed, raped, then robbed?

HELL NO

OMG, you guys werent shot, stabbed, raped, then robbed?

:rolleyes

naw

Really sad to see Detroit like this. I remember growing up, Detroit was a thriving city on it's way to be like Dallas, Houston, and Chicago.

Now, after GM going down and outsourcing so many jobs overseas, Detroit tanked. Damn shame to see a city so dependent on an industry and then watching it fall.

How are there still professional teams in Detroit? Tickets must be filthy cheap.

How are there still professional teams in Detroit? Tickets must be filthy cheap.

Last edited:
HORRIBLE exaggeration, 8 mile is at the border lmao, that street is cake no matter what side of Detroit you're on, you were scary because you believe the hype

How am i exaggerating?? I am aware that its the border. cross to the otherside its what ferndale, royal oak. but how am i exaggerating how I (Jthagreat) felt?

Add to it was my first week here, i aint feel comfortable. +shrugs+

I'm saying.
I laugh when people say how rich and wealthy this country is. Most of the U.S. looks like a 3rd world country.

i assume most NTrs live in tri state, dmv, or california

and yes i agree with you finnns

HORRIBLE exaggeration, 8 mile is at the border lmao, that street is cake no matter what side of Detroit you're on, you were scary because you believe the hype

How am i exaggerating?? I am aware that its the border. cross to the otherside its what ferndale, royal oak. but how am i exaggerating how I (Jthagreat) felt?

Add to it was my first week here, i aint feel comfortable. +shrugs+
have you seen what a house looks like after a missile hit it? ill give you a hint, theres no house

royal oak doesnt touch detroit homie, and its blatantly obvious

one thing i dont like though is how bougie detroit people go to royal oak to chill and stuff, oversaturation of anything is whack

what? 8 Mile is a road/street that extends threw the D.

Anyways here this video

Homes for a dollar? Is the housing really that bad?

Crazy to see a destroyed building on the street like that

I feel like Detroit could turn into a gold mine again if anyone cared enough to actually put forth the money to get the city going again. No reason why any major city in this country should be like that.

Yes its detroit but i mean its not even bad or the "real" detroit.

8 Mile and Waltham ain't bad? 
sick.gif
 News to me
compared to the middle of detroit? Nah

its bad but its worse. Im in michigan man, i lived in Hamtramck for half of my life, if you know about Detroit/Michigan then you know where Hamtramck is
laugh.gif
how do you feel about da state voting to limit collective bargining rights for da unions over there?

since you live there whats been your first person take on da situation?

have you seen what a house looks like after a missile hit it? ill give you a hint, theres no house
one thing i dont like though is how bougie detroit people go to royal oak to chill and stuff, oversaturation of anything is whack

It may take some time cause im goin out of town in 4 days, but i will take pictures of the neighborhoods ive driven through. and yes there are homes that look like a missles, bombs have hit them. Im not (well maybe it appears i am) but im not attempting to bad mouth detroit. I just have never seen poverty first hand the way i have since moving out of the "bubble" i was once in.

I pray ( yes pray) that you dont think im a person looking down or being judgmental of anyone or anything. I am aware of 'struggle' , and always had a compassion for those goin through struggle, its such an eye opener to see it first hand right in front of you. im not on no crusade ( tho we as Americans should be) but we as human beings need to step up and make things better. Since coming here I have began volunteering with feeding the poor type stuff.But something has to be done.

I may have been off about royal oak ( and yes thats where a lot of folks go to walk the lil Main street and i guess be bougie, but Im not familiar with the area. theres so many lil cities in such a small area its ridiculous. For instance, i live in Sterling heights, if i jump the wall im in charter township of clinton, if i cross the street, at an angle literally, im in shelby charter township . if i cross straight ahead, im in Macomb So you can see its a lil confusing....

Im rambling, but its sad and unsettling for things like this to be happening.

Thats the old cass building. I swear people not from detroit think we live in ******g iraq. Maybe because I been here my whole life but its not as bad as yall make it seem. Ive stayed in the worse hoods here (brightmoor, 7 mile n evergreen, number streets, dexter) and I seen some f'ed up **** but its nothin like dudes think.

they need to just open up da borders and let whoever want to come here fill up those old towns.

It may take some time cause im goin out of town in 4 days, but i will take pictures of the neighborhoods ive driven through. and yes there are homes that look like a missles, bombs have hit them. Im not (well maybe it appears i am) but im not attempting to bad mouth detroit. I just have never seen poverty first hand the way i have since moving out of the "bubble" i was once in.

I pray ( yes pray) that you dont think im a person looking down or being judgmental of anyone or anything. I am aware of 'struggle' , and always had a compassion for those goin through struggle, its such an eye opener to see it first hand right in front of you. im not on no crusade ( tho we as Americans should be) but we as human beings need to step up and make things better. Since coming here I have began volunteering with feeding the poor type stuff.But something has to be done.

I may have been off about royal oak ( and yes thats where a lot of folks go to walk the lil Main street and i guess be bougie, but Im not familiar with the area. theres so many lil cities in such a small area its ridiculous. For instance, i live in Sterling heights, if i jump the wall im in charter township of clinton, if i cross the street, at an angle literally, im in shelby charter township . if i cross straight ahead, im in Macomb So you can see its a lil confusing....

Im rambling, but its sad and unsettling for things like this to be happening.
im not misinterpreting what you mean, i dont think youre bad mouthing, but i still say youre exaggerating

LMAO, dude, you're talking to someone who has lived here their whole life, i know metro detroit extensively, i already know about all the cities/townships and what not, still shouldnt be confusing (im just teasing)

Thats the old cass building. I swear people not from detroit think we live in ******g iraq. Maybe because I been here my whole life but its not as bad as yall make it seem. Ive stayed in the worse hoods here (brightmoor, 7 mile n evergreen, number streets, dexter) and I seen some f'ed up **** but its nothin like dudes think.
THIS

dude i know stopped at a gas station right outside of downtown 3 weeks ago, got robbed and beaten so bad that hes been in a coma for the last 3 weeks, so na aint no where in detroit where its safe

dude i know stopped at a gas station right outside of downtown 3 weeks ago, got robbed and beaten so bad that hes been in a coma for the last 3 weeks, so na aint no where in detroit where its safe
you can say that anywhere though

me and my friends have lived here our whole lives (with the exception of going away for school) none of us have been beaten up or robbed and some stay in the hood

i mean of course stuff can go down anywhere, but dudes kill me tryin to make it seem like you WILL get got

Last edited by a moderator:
wait until gentrification takes place...give it some time (20 years or so) and i guarantee you this place will be the exact opposite

but man the after knocking up a girl and having to tell my old man, the only thing in life im more scared of is living in detroit .. godbless anyone that has to go through that, looks rough as hell

Back
Top Bottom