Before and After Photos of An Abandoned Detroit School

Went to Ann Arbor for a conference in 2010. Really enjoyed my stay there. Crazy to think that you've got a city that's a complete 180 nearby.

Real talk,

Unless you live in Southern California or NYC your city isn't really that much better than Detroit, especially if you live down South.

Dallas is being propped up in this thread and I can tell you first hand the rough parts of Dallas look much worse than Detroit.

Black poverty down South is infinitely worse than anything you will see in Detroit.

That's actually kinda creepy.. but I imagine that would be what most "abandoned" places look like. 
eyes.gif

Real talk,
Unless you live in Southern California or NYC your city isn't really that much better than Detroit, especially if you live down South.
Dallas is being propped up in this thread and I can tell you first hand the rough parts of Dallas look much worse than Detroit.
Black poverty down South is infinitely worse than anything you will see in Detroit.
im from MS.. and the MS Delta is probably one of the worst looking places in the country

doesnt look too bad, this is what all abandoned buildings look like everywhere

the problem is why was it abandoned in the first place rather than how bad the photos look

seats still arent cheap tho. Those dudes own a chain of sneaker boutiques and a clothing line. People dont go to pistons games because they ******g suck, nothin to do with the city. Thw team doesnt even play in the city, they play in aurburn hills about 25 minutes from detroit

As our country looses more and more labor jobs.. the budget grows... industry shifts... it's possible that abandoned, crime riddled city's are part of America's future. Even with the population growing, no one wants to live in a place with such a crappy quality of life

Went to Ann Arbor for a conference in 2010. Really enjoyed my stay there. Crazy to think that you've got a city that's a complete 180 nearby.
you're easily impressed

Birmingham, Troy and Bloomfield Hills are literally 10-15 minutes away from Detroit, both are much more affluent than Ann Arbor and much closer to Detroit

seats still arent cheap tho. Those dudes own a chain of sneaker boutiques and a clothing line. People dont go to pistons games because they ******g suck, nothin to do with the city. Thw team doesnt even play in the city, they play in aurburn hills about 25 minutes from detroit
i was just going to say those guys own Revive, they didnt pay for those seats either though, they moved there for like the end of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter

you're easily impressed

Birmingham, Troy and Bloomfield Hills are literally 10-15 minutes away from Detroit, both are much more affluent than Ann Arbor and much closer to Detroit
I was on the University of Michigan campus most of the time. I would like to clarify that the area didn't see crazy affluent, but there was some real activity and energy there, but that might be attributed to the college setting. 

you're easily impressed

I was on the University of Michigan campus most of the time. I would like to clarify that the area didn't see crazy affluent, but there was some real activity and energy there, but that might be attributed to the college setting. 
I assumed that much, nobody goes to Ann Arbor to visit Ann Arbor, U of M is the main attraction especially for out of towners, its not crazy affluent and you're right about the university giving the town its energy and activity

my point was that you said Ann Arbor is a complete 180 in comparison to Detroit, and I was just saying there are closer towns that are much more affluent and much closer than Ann Arbor is, so if you thought Ann Arbor was a 180, you left no room for cities like Bham, Troy, and BH, and thats just oakland county

Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, St. Claire Shores are literally border towns of Detroit's eastside (the warzone side that even Detroiters don't mess with unless we have to) its a ridiculously drastic change, those towns are richer than any one oakland county town (richest county in MI)

bottom line, people talk like Detroit is past repair when that doesn't make sense if super rich cities border Detroit, its not past the point of no return, its an easy fix, the 1.2M people who moved down the street just need a reason to spend their money in Detroit instead of Royal Oak/Troy/Novi

Real talk,

What's your criteria for a comparable city...is it in terms of population? Every city has it's rough patches but I'm just curious. You specifically mention black poverty down south but I'm not sure how that fits.

dude i know stopped at a gas station right outside of downtown 3 weeks ago, got robbed and beaten so bad that hes been in a coma for the last 3 weeks, so na aint no where in detroit where its safe
you can say that anywhere though

me and my friends have lived here our whole lives (with the exception of going away for school) none of us have been beaten up or robbed and some stay in the hood

i mean of course stuff can go down anywhere, but dudes kill me tryin to make it seem like you WILL get got
ive been in eastpointe/roseville my whole life and of course it aint true that you WILL get got.... at all

to be completely honest its probably just like any big city with areas that arnt safe, except with wayyyyy more foreclosed/rundown businesses and houses so that catches peoples eye that arnt from around here. to me a foreclosed house or building is so normal to me

Last edited:
It's home sweet home to me. Especially in the Kwame era plenty of public officials from the school boards to the police department have been big contributors to the downfall of the city. I just hope the city gets better in my lifetime.

you're easily impressed

I assumed that much, nobody goes to Ann Arbor to visit Ann Arbor, U of M is the main attraction especially for out of towners, its not crazy affluent and you're right about the university giving the town its energy and activity

my point was that you said Ann Arbor is a complete 180 in comparison to Detroit, and I was just saying there are closer towns that are much more affluent and much closer than Ann Arbor is, so if you thought Ann Arbor was a 180, you left no room for cities like Bham, Troy, and BH, and thats just oakland county

Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, St. Claire Shores are literally border towns of Detroit's eastside (the warzone side that even Detroiters don't mess with unless we have to) its a ridiculously drastic change, those towns are richer than any one oakland county town (richest county in MI)

bottom line, people talk like Detroit is past repair when that doesn't make sense if super rich cities border Detroit, its not past the point of no return, its an easy fix, the 1.2M people who moved down the street just need a reason to spend their money in Detroit instead of Royal Oak/Troy/Novi
I exaggerated. my bad fam

Where's Pershing HS at? One of these bad areas?
on the eastside, 7 mile and van **** i think, yea its a rough area, but its not at the worse part, one of my ex's graduated from Pershing, shes not hood at all, just grew up in that area

on the eastside, 7 mile and van **** i think, yea its a rough area, but its not at the worse part, one of my ex's graduated from Pershing, shes not hood at all, just grew up in that area

Hmm...Thanks. I played ball with a few guys from that area in college and I wanted to visit them back in the day.

Not really scared to visit there or drive through, but never knew what I would do the whole time I was there.

I wanna visit Detroit. Other than the obviously rough areas it Seems like a great city. Will be strapped though.

Every city has ghettos. A lot of misinformed folk in here spewing ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom