Blacks and Latinos in CA blamed for Prop 8 passing

Originally Posted by alejanz28

Originally Posted by Juve9ile18

Although many of the state's black political leaders spoke out against Proposition 8, an exit poll of California voters showed that black voters favored the measure by a ratio of more than 2 to 1. Not only was the black vote weighted heavily in favor of Proposition 8, but black turnout -- spurred by Barack Obama's historic campaign for president -- was unusually large, with African Americans making up roughly 10% of the state electorate
-Where's the other 90% and what ethnicity makes up that remaining 90%?

as usual, its always easier to blame black and brown people for societys wrongs than it is to blame the majority.
except for every other demographic was 50/50 and blacks was like close to 80/20 and I know Latino was high as well. Read facts before you postnext tim ethanks.

Get it right
Hispanics were 60/40 and blacks 70/30 actually...
It never fails....

And I don't see why black people have to take the blame for a poll of 224 people. 90 of them black men who weren't even factored in because theirwasn't enough of them to make a substantial statistic.

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Get it right
It never fails....

And I don't see why black people have to take the blame for a poll of 224 people. 90 of them black men who weren't even factored in because their wasn't enough of them to make a substantial statistic.

QFT

Mormon's flooded advertising with millions the month leading up to prop 8, and they don't even live in California: if anyone is to blame it's them.

I don't see how race is a factor on a church related issue.

Religion &ND race . Blacks &nd Latinos all have this "image" . They are homophobes , point blank period .

I can hear it now . "Gay marriage ? Ah hell nah . I don't want two fruits kissing around me !"

I hate when ignorant people have to make decisions .

alejanz28 wrote:

Although many of the state's black political leaders spoke out against Proposition 8, an exit poll of California voters showed that black voters favored the measure by a ratio of more than 2 to 1. Not only was the black vote weighted heavily in favor of Proposition 8, but black turnout -- spurred by Barack Obama's historic campaign for president -- was unusually large, with African Americans making up roughly 10% of the state electorate

as usual, its always easier to blame black and brown people for societys wrongs than it is to blame the majority.
except for every other demographic was 50/50 and blacks was like close to 80/20 and I know Latino was high as well. Read facts before you post next tim ethanks.

FYI i did read
ok so blacks votes were roughly 80/20...they only make up 10% of the votes. Say 100,000 people voted. That means 10,000 blacks voted. That will mean 8000blacks favored proposition 8. Now lets say 50% of voters were white which means 50,000 whites voted. Ratio of whites supporting prop. 8 was 50/50. So 25,000whites favored. So who's votes is more? It's ok for the media to disclose the percentage of each ethnicity but to make it seem like blacks were thereason Proposition 8 was passed rediculous and to use the election to to put fuel on the fire because a b;ack president was up for election is even worse.Instead of disclosing information by percentages they should do a count and disclose how many votes from each ethnic supported and how many didn't support.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Get it right
It never fails....

And I don't see why black people have to take the blame for a poll of 224 people. 90 of them black men who weren't even factored in because their wasn't enough of them to make a substantial statistic.

QFT

Mormon's flooded advertising with millions the month leading up to prop 8, and they don't even live in California: if anyone is to blame it's them.

It isn't that race gets involved. I do blame the church for their fugazi prop 8= free speech and prop 8=parental rights sign. Both of whichmade no sense. But he said he didnt understand why blacks and latinos werre getting blamed if they were such a small minority so I should him that both sideswere the most unbasised of the vote which goes back to both races having a deep religious background

alejanz28 wrote:

except for every other demographic was 50/50 and blacks was like close to 80/20 and I know Latino was high as well. Read facts before you post next tim ethanks.

FYI i did read
ok so blacks votes were roughly 80/20...they only make up 10% of the votes. Say 100,000 people voted. That means 10,000 blacks voted. That will mean 8000 blacks favored proposition 8. Now lets say 50% of voters were white which means 50,000 whites voted. Ratio of whites supporting prop. 8 was 50/50. So 25,000 whites favored. So who's votes is more? It's ok for the media to disclose the percentage of each ethnicity but to make it seem like blacks were the reason Proposition 8 was passed rediculous and to use the election to to put fuel on the fire because a b;ack president was up for election is even worse. Instead of disclosing information by percentages they should do a count and disclose how many votes from each ethnic supported and how many didn't support.
FTR I'm not blaming blacks and latinos. I do blame the church because of you took percentage of those religious it would probally be like theblack vote close to 80-20. But your argument doesn't make sense cause if blacks were 100% we'd still have less votes than white but we're still apowerful factor in why it didnt pass. And the media isnt blaming blacks or latinos only the republican OP is trying to stir up more hate for homosexuality. Butlike I've said previously the governor of the greatest state in America said it's going to the court and will be overturned and sooner or later gaymarriage will be allowed. Until that day I hang my head down ashamed of my country. Come on now California, we're not Mississippi

if gays want to compare this to the civil right movements, i think they need to "struggle" a bit more before they get their right to marry. the civilrights movements didnt happen overnight. someone post some pics of gays enduring pain and suffering throughout their struggle, no pun intended.

i dont understand why gays think everyone but minorities are allowed have a moral, religious or simply a personal issue with them getting married in thechurch. just another example of racism in this country if you ask me. when i see gays getting treated the way blacks were treated then they have something tocompare. they act as if anyone is saying they cant be gay.

I will never support anything homosexual. Homosexuality is too contradicting.

If your born gay( which i definitely do not believe in) your telling me you were predestined to prevent the process of reproduction. A process which createdsaid gay person.

Also, if we were all gay would not the reproduction of humans eventually stop?

I don't understand how the people who advertised "Yes on Prop 8" could possibly use the "its going to be taught in our schools!"argument. It makes no sense. It had been legal for how long? Were they teaching it in schools? People are fools and really do believe anything if its shoveddown their throats enough.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by alejanz28

Those numbers dont tell the truth because they dont reflect the racial demographics between races in california. All they do is put percentage points next toeach ethnic group as if they are equal in this state, which they arent. The 2006 U.S. Census has Blacks making up roughly 7% of California's totalpopulation, while Whites (non-latino) make up nearly 44%. With that said, even if all registerd Blacks voters, voted 100% in favor of Prop 8 their vote shouldmake up roughly 10% of the total vote. You say that Whites voted 50/50 on the prop, which means that 50% of whites voted in favor of prop 8 (which is roughly22% of the total population). Right? Based on the numbers that you provided, that 50% of whites is still FAR greater than the 100% voted by blacks by atleast 3 times. So blacks are the scapegoat because??? http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000.htmlhttp://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000.html

Get it right
It never fails....

QFT

...because there are just as many racist "liberals" and "progressives" as there are racist "rednecks" or"republicans".
It's times like these that this is brought to light.

The progressives are so progressive until situations like this occur.
Sorta like so many white "liberals" and "progressives" move as far away from inner cities as they can.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by targiu23

I will never support anything homosexual. Homosexuality is too contradicting.

If your born gay( which i definitely do not believe in) your telling me you were predestined to prevent the process of reproduction. A process which created said gay person.

Also, if we were all gay would not the reproduction of humans eventually stop?
indifferent.gif

How many straight people (men and women) were born with defects in the sexual reproductive system, hindering them from reproduction? So is God, or life ingeneral contradicting itself because those people cant reproduce? And who said anything about everyone being gay? You aren't making sense. Seriously man,come up with a better argument.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Get it right
It never fails....

QFT

...because there are just as many racist "liberals" and "progressives" as there are racist "rednecks" or "republicans".

Sorta like so many white "liberals" and "progressives" move as far away from inner cities as they can.
laugh.gif

Somebody gets it
pimp.gif

As soos as affirmative action and welfare (issues perceived as only pertaining to blacks) are brought up.

'Liberals' get the
grin.gif
face
laugh.gif

i mean i don't see gay's in the streets getting hosed down getting pulled over by cops for no reason, having seperate water fountains, going tosub-standard schools having to sit in the back of the bus, and being forced to work menial jobs that never allow them to move up the ladder because of theircolor of skin, but HEY THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT AND THIS, THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AM I RIGHT GUYS!!???!! shut the #+%+ upwith that nonsense, the two are different.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Get it right
It never fails....

QFT

...because there are just as many racist "liberals" and "progressives" as there are racist "rednecks" or "republicans".

laugh.gif

Somebody gets it
pimp.gif

As soos as affirmative action and welfare (issues perceived as only pertaining to blacks) are brought up.

'Liberals' get the
grin.gif
face
laugh.gif
I also love how so many "progressives" nowadays tout Democracy this and Democracy that.

Well. Here was direct democracy in action. Mob rule. The people spoke and now Democracy is bad? Now Democracy promotes ignorance and hatred?
I thought direct democracy was the best thing since.........The (constitutional) Republic.
laugh.gif

Of course they love Democracy as long as its "Democracy" their way.

I agree with the self professed 'progressives" here. Democracy ain't all its cracked up to be.
That's why we live in a Constitutional Republic where certain core rights are (technically) guaranteed even if 99.9% of the people want to take themaway.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

i didnt read the entire article but someone mentioned in it that they were born black, but gay people were born straight and chose to be gay

i heard that gay people were born with some genetic thing that makes them gay, they dont choose to be gay
this is incorrect. if it was genetic, then obviously homosexuality would've died out, considering the fact that homosexual males have no wayof passing their data into the next generation. gays choose to be gays.

Originally Posted by 916JORDANboy

i didnt read the entire article but someone mentioned in it that they were born black, but gay people were born straight and chose to be gay

i heard that gay people were born with some genetic thing that makes them gay, they dont choose to be gay
this is incorrect. if it was genetic, then obviously homosexuality would've died out, considering the fact that homosexual males have no way of passing their data into the next generation. gays choose to be gays.
I never thought about that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

this is incorrect. if it was genetic, then obviously homosexuality would've died out, considering the fact that homosexual males have no way of passing their data into the next generation. gays choose to be gays.
laugh.gif

There is no such thing as gay nor straight

laugh.gif

What is it then?

laugh.gif

What is it then?

A 1- 10 scale genotype

Back
Top Bottom