Brüno SUCKED.

I tried to not let the hype get to me, but he set the bar so damn high with Borat that this just sucked.

It had it's couple (and I mean a couple) funny moments, but...

1) It wasn't continuously funny.
2) It's not quotable.

Borat was non-stop laughing. This, not so much.

I thought the same thing when I saw Borat in the theaters.

They showed too much in the trailer...those were the best parts and now I'm thinking all the best parts were already shown in Bruno as well.

This won't stop me from seeing it but I'll try to forget what I saw in the trailers.

I concur. I just came home from the midnight showing, didn't let out one laugh.

indifferent.gif
@ the whole movie.

Im sick of sex jokes, theyre not funny.

I agree...it was too over the top for no reason. I was saying "ewwww" more than I was laughing..

I personally wasn't planning to check this out; gonna wait 'til it's out on DVD. It just doesn't look that entertaining to me.

i have no interest in this movie

when they showed the trailer when i went to see the hangover

NOBODY WAS LAUGHING.

I never liked Borat. When I first saw previews for Bruno, I was like, "Not this s#@$ again."

Ali G and his commercials with the NBA were quite
laugh.gif
on the other hand.

I'm glad it's not quotable.

If I would have had to deal with people quoting it like they do Borat I would shoot myself in the head.

I won't expect much, most reviews are positive so I'm sure I'll enjoy it, maybe not as much as Borat though.

is it anything like da ali g show that was on HBO years back?? like that was funny in 4-5 minute spurts . i know its both bruno characters but is this one anydifferent to make the movie suck?

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I've always said Borat was his best character
indifferent.gif
Ali G is his best.
exactly thank you. Borat was not that funny. like ive watched once and will never watch it again. if you havnt seen Ali G in da house which is anACTUAL movie you are missing out. RESPEKTPA

!#*# BRUNO !

I've been saying this...when i first saw the preview, i did not like it...then the day of the premiere was the day MJ died and no one could access hisstar...this is when I lost it...i started to shout BRUNO SUCKS ! !#*# BRUNO ! people looked @ me like a mad man, but i just kept it pushing because i did notwant to deal with LAPD
sick.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

is it anything like da ali g show that was on HBO years back?? like that was funny in 4-5 minute spurts . i know its both bruno characters but is this one any different to make the movie suck?

Kinda...

I have no problem with the "gay-ness" in the character, but it was just completely overdone and forced. The interviews weren't funny, the skitsfor the most part, weren't funny.

It just overall wasn't a funny movie.

Like I said, IMO, he set the bar so high with Borat that he couldn't top it.

Back
Top Bottom