Brüno SUCKED.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

you guys are just homophobes. i'm gonna wait to watch it myself before judging. the guy is a comedy genius.

yeah I can't take niketalks commentary seriously when it concerns gay humor.

lol at all these borat haters coming out of the woodwork. If you didn't like that movie that **** went right over your head.

theres actually a guy at work that is like the asian bruno...even the teeth are eerily the same!

Borat is one of my fave comedies hands down. at first i didnt get the movie but the more i watched it the better it got so yeah...

Some of you guys are bugging Borat was
laugh.gif
and I didn't hear this manypeople say otherwise. Most of you are hopping on the bandwagon just because Bruno was the biggest waste of film I've ever seen. And I liked Bruno on Da AliG Show. Just not sure if I can take a whole film of Bruno.

Borat was funny at times, but mostly pretty stupid. How is it possible that it could have went over anyones head? It's not sophisticated humor by any standard.
Then it did go over your head if you thought it was strickly slap stick humor (I think that's the phrase?
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Maybe if the movie featured a mildly ******ed dude with a baby on his chest, a random Asian guy in the trunk of a car, roofies, and mike Tyson , some of these guy would like the movie.

These movies are high budget ethnomethodologies. In other words, he is engaging in a sociological expiriment. Borat was the more ambitious of yhe
two, but I don't believe Bruno is such a bad attempt. I'm watching it today and I'm sure I won't be fully dissapointed
Save the big words for your column. Everyone doesn't find the same things funny. Superbad was hilarious to some and IMO it wasn't funny at all. Different people have different senses of humor.
This. People tend to think that everything needs a definite answer, such as, Bruno is or isn't funny. When in reality, it just depends onthe person and there really is no "correct" answer. If you enjoyed it then good for you, and if you didn't enjoy it, then that is perfectlyacceptable also.

I will not see this film in the theatres, especially if I will have the same experience as Year One. For some reason, that movie did not make me laugh atall.

Originally Posted by Yoda

I tried to not let the hype get to me, but he set the bar so damn high with Borat that this just sucked.

It had it's couple (and I mean a couple) funny moments, but...

1) It wasn't continuously funny.
2) It's not quotable.

Borat was non-stop laughing. This, not so much.

- what did you expect?? oh i see you liked Borat? well you fail for liking Borat in the first place and going to the movies to see this? you deserve to wasteyour money....

Originally Posted by coolgy023

Maybe if the movie featured a mildly ******ed dude with a baby on his chest, a random Asian guy in the trunk of a car, roofies, and mike Tyson , some of these guy would like the movie.

These movies are high budget ethnomethodologies. In other words, he is engaging in a sociological expiriment. Borat was the more ambitious of yhe
two, but I don't believe Bruno is such a bad attempt. I'm watching it today and I'm sure I won't be fully dissapointed
Save the big words for your column. Everyone doesn't find the same things funny. Superbad was hilarious to some and IMO it wasn't funny at all. Different people have different senses of humor.
This. People tend to think that everything needs a definite answer, such as, Bruno is or isn't funny. When in reality, it just depends on the person and there really is no "correct" answer. If you enjoyed it then good for you, and if you didn't enjoy it, then that is perfectly acceptable also.
I hate when people say this... You can say that for everything, but one of the best things about different opinions is the conversations/argumentsthat go with it. Having an opinion would be boring otherwise.

I tried to not let the hype get to me, but he set the bar so damn high with Borat that this just sucked.

2) It's not quotable.

Really?

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

to people saying that those who didn't like bruno probably didnt like borat. well i actually liked borat thought that was funny as !*+*, but i mean bruno was funny for awhile then it got really od'd on the gayness i mean it was funny and all, but i think they could have atleast left some stuff out.

OHHHH CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS. i heard they actually did take out a hell of a lot of scenes and one was with MJ, but the night of the premiere was when he past so they had to edit it out?!
Of course he od'd on the gayness, his point was to make people uncomfortable, or in the case of when he's in the south, to create a muchlarger situation.
Yeah they cut a lot of scenes out of the movie, and the one you're thinking of was an interview with LaToya Jackson. There were a few things in thepreviews I saw that were missing in the movie too.

I want to know, to those who refuse to see this: Do you realize this isn't all about him being gay? For instance when he talks to the Human ResourcesCharity people he made them look like idiots for not knowing what the whole Darfur genocide is. Or anything that's going on in the world.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

to people saying that those who didn't like bruno probably didnt like borat. well i actually liked borat thought that was funny as !*+*, but i mean bruno was funny for awhile then it got really od'd on the gayness i mean it was funny and all, but i think they could have atleast left some stuff out.

OHHHH CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS. i heard they actually did take out a hell of a lot of scenes and one was with MJ, but the night of the premiere was when he past so they had to edit it out?!
Of course he od'd on the gayness, his point was to make people uncomfortable, or in the case of when he's in the south, to create a much larger situation.
Yeah they cut a lot of scenes out of the movie, and the one you're thinking of was an interview with LaToya Jackson. There were a few things in the previews I saw that were missing in the movie too.

I want to know, to those who refuse to see this: Do you realize this isn't all about him being gay? For instance when he talks to the Human Resources Charity people he made them look like idiots for not knowing what the whole Darfur genocide is. Or anything that's going on in the world.
That means nothing to some of these bigots. They see a gay guy running around in a thong teabagging Eminem and feel they'll turn gay if theywatch this movie. I would bet money everybody on here that says this movie sucks because of the homosexuality probably think Brokeback Mountain sucks.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by coolgy023

This. People tend to think that everything needs a definite answer, such as, Bruno is or isn't funny. When in reality, it just depends on the person and there really is no "correct" answer. If you enjoyed it then good for you, and if you didn't enjoy it, then that is perfectly acceptable also.
I hate when people say this... You can say that for everything, but one of the best things about different opinions is the conversations/arguments that go with it. Having an opinion would be boring otherwise.
I'm all for a healthy argument/conversation, but most of the people on here try to justify their opinion by bashing the other person andbasically say "I'm right, you're wrong. You should believe what I believe." It kind of defeats the purpose of conversation/arguments, if oneside is unwilling to at least listen to an alternate point of view.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

2) It's not quotable.

- what did you expect?? oh i see you liked Borat? well you fail for liking Borat in the first place and going to the movies to see this? you deserve to waste your money....
the funny thing is there are probably 40 transformers 2 fans with the same stupid opinion as yours.

niketalk has horrible taste in movies. Borat wasn't funny? borat is all piss and fart humor? ooookay.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

2) It's not quotable.

- what did you expect?? oh i see you liked Borat? well you fail for liking Borat in the first place and going to the movies to see this? you deserve to waste your money....
the funny thing is there are probably 40 transformers 2 fans with the same stupid opinion as yours.

niketalk has horrible taste in movies. Borat wasn't funny? borat is all piss and fart humor? ooookay.
Seriously, I didn't give Borat a chance when it first came out because it just looked weird from the previews. After watching it I see howmuch of a genius Cohen really is. Borat is not your typical comedy. And neither is Bruno.

Back
Top Bottom