Calipari to Kentucky.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I thought the first four had already signed? The only unsigned is DeMarcus Cousins... And I think it's safe to say Cal wants him to tag along to UK...
can't you be released from your LOI due to a coaching change? is there a rule like that?
You can be released from an LOI, but it just depends on the school... Oklahoma let Scotty Reynolds and Damion James out of commitments when KelvinSampson left for Indiana, and I believe Indiana did the same with kids when they fired Sampson (Wasn't Ebanks signed before he opted for WVU?)... KansasState wouldn't let Walker out of his when Huggins left, and like CAKE said, UAB lost DeMarcus Cousins because they weren't gonna let him out of his LOIif/when Mike Davis was fired, so he refused to sign it and looked elsewhere...

Depends on the school and the situation... And even still, I believe it's basically the same as a transfersituation, where they can place restrictions onwhat schools/conferences you can leave for... So Memphis could release them on the terms that they can't follow Calipari to Kentucky... I may be wrongabout that, though...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Wall and Cousins there next year, I don't see any team beating them.
Kansas is Sherron and Cole come back.

If those two come back and they get Lance... Prohibitive favorites...
laugh.gif

Barring the chance Blake and Willie opt to come back to Oklahoma and join Tiny Gallon and that recruiting class...
nerd.gif
I think Collins should leave too his stock ain't going to get any higher.
And he's still a fringe 1st rounder... There's no point in leaving...

I honestly thought they would both bounce. I don't see Cole staying to be honest, dude might go top 10 he'll be out. I think Collins should leave toohis stock ain't going to get any higher.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If those two come back and they get Lance... Prohibitive favorites...
laugh.gif

Barring the chance Blake and Willie opt to come back to Oklahoma and join Tiny Gallon and that recruiting class...
nerd.gif
I think Collins should leave too his stock ain't going to get any higher.
And he's still a fringe 1st rounder... There's no point in leaving...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Henry won't leave Memphis.......he is one and done and wants to play with his brother CJ next year.

Cal at UK will make things interesting again there..........Michael Porter better get his transfer papers in because he will never see the court there again.

I hope they would let Henry out of his.

Cal would be huge for Kentucky. Like I said, he can handle the people as well as anyone.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I can hope, right? I don't wanna see dude rot away with Sacramento or Los Angeles Jr. ...
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i pressume x would be pissed at calipari.

if he doesnt stay or follow cal, where would he go?
Would Kansas even be an option? Aren't they gonna have to squeeze someone out to make room for Lance? I thought I had read their scholarshipsituation was pushing its limit...

Other than that, I don't even know... Who else was in it before he narrowed to KU and Memphis? I'd have to think Capel would try to get involved,especially if Willie left, but I don't even remember who else he looked at...

Andy Katz says the offer is 8 years, around $35 mil.

Memphis brass wants to meet with Cal tonight to try and convince him to stay.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Cal would be huge for Kentucky. Like I said, he can handle the people as well as anyone.
Haha, yeah right. If I'm the AD there's no way I'm letting him out of his LOI after Cal bolts to UK. If he wants out, he had betterfind a good lawyer.

smh.gif
At the defection that will take place after Cal leaves. I definitely make him play for Memphis after this. Guess those Calipari benefits are addictive.

players backing out of an LOI because of a coaching change happens all the time.

Duh but with his name on the dotted line of a legal document I don't let him out nor should Memphis. If he wants to transfer after his frosh year,let him but Memphis stands to lose everything in this matter.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

And St. John's misses out on Calipari again. I hate my school.

Gillepsie to Mizzou or Oklahoma?
I could see it if Capel or Anderson left...

It'd be nice to get him back in Texas one way or another... I'm looking at you, Texas Tech...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RellNye

Haha, yeah right. If I'm the AD there's no way I'm letting him out of his LOI after Cal bolts to UK. If he wants out, he had better find a good lawyer.

smh.gif
At the defection that will take place after Cal leaves. I definitely make him play for Memphis after this. Guess those Calipari benefits are addictive.

players backing out of an LOI because of a coaching change happens all the time.
Duh but with his name on the dotted line of a legal document I don't let him out nor should Memphis. If he wants to transfer after his frosh year, let him but Memphis stands to lose everything in this matter.

The AD can't keep any of the recruits there, its all about if he wants to screw them over because he lost his coach, they could easily say
2ce3515e4a5971c2895f50a2ab5d3c1418787f9.gif
and transfer right then and there, it'd cost them a yr but theycould leave if he wanted. Which depending on who they get to replace him might not be a bad decision considering the exposure won't be the same without Cal

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by RellNye

Haha, yeah right. If I'm the AD there's no way I'm letting him out of his LOI after Cal bolts to UK. If he wants out, he had better find a good lawyer.

smh.gif

Duh but with his name on the dotted line of a legal document I don't let him out nor should Memphis. If he wants to transfer after his frosh year, let him but Memphis stands to lose everything in this matter.

The AD can't keep any of the recruits there, its all about if he wants to screw them over because he lost his coach, they could easily say
2ce3515e4a5971c2895f50a2ab5d3c1418787f9.gif
and transfer right then and there, it'd cost them a yr but they could leave if he wanted. Which depending on who they get to replace him might not be a bad decision considering the exposure won't be the same without Cal

Xavier Henry's signed national letter of intent with Memphis features a clause that grants the McDonald's All-American a full release if John Calipari is not the school's coach when he is scheduled to enroll, a source familiar with the wording told CBSSports.com on Monday.

The source said Derrick Rose and Tyreke Evans had similar clauses in their letters of intent.

What does this mean for Memphis?

It means Henry would be released without conditions if Calipari leaves for Kentucky, and there would be nothing preventing Henry from following Calipari to the SEC.
Source: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/6271764

pimp.gif

Smart kids.

Kentucky basketball is back like that. Pretty much just by bringing in Cal....unless Memphis can somehow convince him to stay there.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So he could/will take Henry, Wall, and Cousins with him to Kentucky...

Wall, Henry, Meeks, Patterson, Orton, Cousins, Hood ... Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson are a lot better options playing 10-15 minutes off the bench than30+ as starters, plus DeAndre Liggins and Darius Miller back...

Roburt Sallie and Wesley Witherspoon would supposedly transfer to go with him...

Things would get real, real ugly... And real, real quick...
smh.gif
sick.gif

Wonder what happens with Nolan Dennis when Cal leaves...

Back
Top Bottom