(Car Related) What is the name of this?

I tried google, but I couldnt figure out what the name of this part is (I'm not a big car person)...

Thanks.

The thing is, I was changing my rims, and when I put the last rim on... I guess I tightened the lug nut too tight and the "male" part if you want tocall it broke off, and I need to replace it... So yeah... Does anybody know how much that thing would cost?

oh...go to autozone and ask for a LUG STUD. i have broke many of these puttin rims on my cars. they only cost like 1.50 but labor gone run bout 50-100 dollars.if you know some crackhead mechanics it will only cost a measily dime rock. lol

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

oh...go to autozone and ask for a LUG STUD. i have broke many of these puttin rims on my cars. they only cost like 1.50 but labor gone run bout 50-100 dollars. if you know some crackhead mechanics it will only cost a measily dime rock. lol

Exactly what I needed to know. I thought I would have to buy a whole new thing... Haha. Thanks!

its just called a wheel stud. Some cars are easy to work on, and all you have to is take off the assembly and pop the old one out and the new one in. What cardo you have?

Angel

be sure next time to grease each stud/lug nut before replacing your wheels. the grease lubricates the studs so they dont get froze on and break like that,after i did this i havent broke a stud yet. and im always changing my wheels.

funkdoctor73 - A 2006 Honda civic, lol. Just got it, and took off the ugly chrome cover that was covering therims that the previous owner put on them...
Before / After

SwanginOn4z - Thanks for the tip on the grease. I will do that next time. I just called my uncle (he owns ashop), and he said it won't be too expensive to replace. I have to wait until Monday though... Pretty weak... But I am just happy I took that ugly chromecover off.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom