Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

folks use to load up and pack food/supplies to go from the employee cafeteria. they had to put up a sign.

Last edited:
guy-fired-over-meme-job-work-post-facebook-cody-hidalgo-fb.jpg

My government-issued disability statute expires this year but my EU disability card expires in 2025. So best believe I’ll be using the EU card for all the benefits the next 2 years even though my actual statute will be expired.

Free public transport, price cuts at cultural events, sporting events, …

Sure it’s kinda scummy but the government messed up by setting my EU card’s expiration date multiple years past the expiration/renewal date of my actual disability statute.

Due to the treatment of my condition I doubt I still meet the renewal requirements under the point system our government uses for disability statute applications. I only barely qualified last time and my condition has improved at least a bit so I shouldn’t still be eligible I think.

I have to be in the city a few times a month for work and at the beginning of each month I get food from a restaurant named Glazed Teriyaki that's close by. They give you a card that gets stamped after each purchase. After 8 orders, the 9th is free.

With the Amex Gold card, you get $10 towards Uber Eats at the beginning of each month, so I get Glazed Teriyaki specifically with the credit

My meal each time is about $13-15 after tax, so I really pay no more than $5 when I get it.

Also a couple coworkers occasionally get it so they'll take my card so it gets stamped so I get closer to the free meal faster :lol:

my company provides lunch on fridays, they get usually get a food caterer or order from panini kabob or lemonade type spots.
once a month they mix it up and just let us get food from the on-site cafe (pay with your business card)
so when they do this i always opt to get a sugar free monster or red bull as my drink, come back to the office and then just a soda from the conference room mini fridge .
free energy drink :pimp:

I just always eat on the clock, pays for the food.

I do all sorts of **** on the clock. you want me to work all the time I guess I'll grocery shop while I work since I live here.

I had to talk to one of my staff like that - it got to the point where she would take her lunch hour and use it to go grocery shopping then come back and start preparing lunch. We had to have the “It’s not my business what you do in your break - but you have to eat then and not when you get back”.

Was driving me crazy and thankfully that seems to have done it - although I’m there less now so I don’t know about every day.

This was also a while ago. DSW had a shoe sale where if I bought multiple pairs, I get a bigger discount (1 pair for 20% off, 2 pair for 25 off, 3 pair for 30). Anyway, I went and checked out the 3 pairs and got the bigger discount. I then immediately told the cashier that I want to return the other two. Guy was speechless and in shock but he did it for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom