Chris Henry pronounced Dead... RIP.

^He was on life support.
tired.gif

Sad, sad day for his family...much blessings.

tired.gif
rip

what a shame. three beautiful kids now have to grow up without their father, all that talent n potential both on and off the field lost in such a short moment.i wish i could say i never ever take anything for granted but that would be a lie but incidents like these remind me time & time again to cherish what ihave. hope these kids grow up and find success in life.

I saw a show on Fox Sports recently that showed Chris and his family and it was so positive and he was turning his life around for his family...

It's beyond sad...R.I.P.

Last night going to bed, it was almost like deja vu from two years ago. Regardless the situation, regardless the man's past, and regardless his ability toplay football, its sad to see someone go that is that young.

Prayers go out to him, his fiancee, kids, and family. Rest in Peace Slim.

frown.gif

that lady was ******ed with all those question in 911 call..i dont know if they have to do that all the time but cmon now..

Damn... And I was watching Chris Henry and Ocho Cinco playing Madden on Ustream like it was yesterday... They were pretty close... R.I.P

From Paul Daugherty :
He was just rising when he fell. Chris Henry was dusting off all the self-inflicted dirt, the bad decisions, the friends who weren't. "He was starting to blossom,'' Bengals president Mike Brown said. And then he died. Damn.

Chris Henry fell from the bed of a moving pickup truck driven by his fiancé on Wednesday at about noon in Charlotte, N.C. There will be an investigation that will reveal how he died, clinically. It won't tell us why. Nobody will ever know why.

"Just at the time he was running to daylight, his life was snuffed out'' was how Brown put it, eloquently.

The young who die leave us with more mystery than memory. What might he have done? Henry was different now. This is what his coach and his teammates said. He was a changed man. A good man, mindful of the need to repair his past with a shining present and a future full of potential. What might he have done?

I never knew him well. Until sometime last season, few did. Henry was quiet, a loner. His wide receiver teammates knew him. Brown knew him. His family knew him, depended on him. To his family, he was something of a savior. After Katrina destroyed their home in suburban New Orleans, Chris brought the extended clan here, to live with him. It said two things about Henry, one good, one not: He had a big heart. He was easily led.

The kid who became the symbol of the Bengals' bad-boy missteps was not a bad guy, not in a malicious sense. He represented an NFL cliché: Too-young kid gets too much money too quickly, settles in with too many of the wrong people who befriend him for too many of the wrong reasons. He believes he's bullet-proof, even when it's proven he's not.

Some players figure it out and move on. Some are more discrete. Some don't get caught. Henry got caught and caught some more. After his fifth arrest in April 2008, the Bengals cut him loose. Ironically, he was innocent that time. Also ironically, that one saved his career.

Shortly after a local judge called Henry "a one-man crime wave'' the real culprit was found. And Henry learned something. "Chris could never figure out that some of these people were dragging him down, until he had that last scrape,'' Marvin Lewis said.

"He didn't do it and no one stood up.'' Henry realized his friends were anything but. "That was the point his whole life, his whole career, turned around.''

Four months later, Mike Brown brought him back. Ultimately, Brown was right about Chris Henry. "What I saw was a good person at heart,'' Brown explained Thursday. It must also be said that Brown fits the same description. "He was someone we liked, we thought could regroup. He did that,'' Brown said.

Henry ditched his so-called friends. He got engaged to someone who saw his soul. His world got small. "A tiny little inner circle he was able to get his arms around'' was how Lewis described it. Henry began the arduous climb of career rehabilitation. He grew up.

His teammates noticed. The older ones, the Bobbie Williamses, the Carson Palmers, they remembered the "Slim'' Henry of 2005 through 2007, the knucklehead who flashed a gun in front of a police officer on a crowded street in downtown Orlando. They also could say with authority that this was not that guy.

"Heavily misunderstood,'' Palmer said. That's a heavily overused term in pro sports. This time, it's apt, at least since April of 2008. "Responsible, dependable, loved football,'' Williams said. "He made the changes he needed to make.''

"Just look at him now and forget about the past'' was the advice offered in October by his fiancé, Loleini. The tragic irony is, it took Henry's death for that truth to escape the locker room.

We grasp for meaning in times like this. There is none, at least none we can find. The Bengals never gave up on Chris Henry. Henry never gave up on himself. It worked, for a brief and shining time. And then he died. "God don't make mistakes in heaven,'' said wideout Andre Caldwell.

We can only hope.

tired.gif

C. Trent Rosecrans Twitter

#Bengals say they've been told by the NFL that @OGOchocinco may NOT wear No. 15 for Sunday's game about 2 hours ago from Seesmic

Chad Smilin and Cryin reminiscin bout Slim in the skinny jeans hot steppin
pimp.gif
... ahhh mannn
frown.gif

I cant watch that no more.

Back
Top Bottom