Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I haven't watched American football in years, but even I know that Jerry Jones has no problem hiring or keeping players with criminal offenses. To hear him and Cowboys fans try to act like morally superior people while having a "who cares as long as we win" mentality is laughable. I'm not saying I'm against people getting second chances depending on the situation, but it's extremely telling when the owner is against players protesting against injustice but not against players beating up their girlfriends. Where were his American values at that time?

Last edited:
Just like in the politics thread, we challenge Bernie to take a more aggressive posture towards WS. In the same spirit, we need to demand that Aaron Rodgers take a knee.

We pick on and single out those two men because they are already more progressive than most of their white peers. They are good on social and racial justice but they could be great if they chose to be.

We need A A Ron to take a knee and other prominent white players, no more of this linked arms BS.

Just like in the politics thread, we challenge Bernie to take a more aggressive posture towards WS. In the same spirit, we need to demand that Aaron Rodgers take a knee.

We pick on and single out those two men because they are already more progressive than most of their white peers. They are good on social and racial justice but they could be great if they chose to be.

We need A A Ron to take a knee and other prominent white players, no more of this linked arms BS.
THIS

I don’t even debate anyone who says “they’re disrespecting the flag.” After countless times NFL players have said “this isn’t about protesting the flag, this about the injustices and inequality in this country.”

Jus shows me how ignorant and dumb people who don’t know how to remove the ignorance from their brain and try to listen to understand the gravity of the situation.

And the BS Mike Pence did yesterday at the 49ers game was jus a mere publicity stunt to get the ignorant masses of this country upset again.

I jus shake my head at this bs honestly.

After hearing Jerry Jones' comments yesterday, it got me thinking about the stances both Dak and Dez have had about social justice issues in this country. I wonder if Jerry got to those guys, or the whole team, behind closed doors with threats about kneeling during the anthem or speaking out on issues plaguing this country? IIRC, both guys, when asked, are extremely neutral in their stances. I know Jerry signs their checks and that may have something to do with it. I'm just honestly trying to understand....sucks that these guys, in the wake of Jerry's public comments, are viewed as nothing more than a piece of property. Jerry has put these guys in a VERY tricky spot. I would love for someone to call his bluff, though.

I should say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Someone brought up Donald Sterling and it brought me back to the original thread we had on him a few years back when the tapes dropped. Sterling was a known racist for decades. Never stopped minorities from wanting to work/play under him. It's sad, but we've also had threads here on NT where the question was asked if the money was good, but your boss was racist, could you work in that environment. Tons of folks here said that they'd have no issue doing so.

I think there's a small faction of athletes who legitimately care about the plight of people who look like them that are being mistreated as Americans. However, I think there's an even larger group of athletes who can tolerate a lot of crap due to how good the money is. This is their livelihood and primary source of income, so I do understand that it's easy to sit from the sidelines and say what we would/wouldn't do. However, when breaking down the crux of the issues, you gotta understand that the next man may feel the same as you, but is also responsible for putting food on the table for their family. It's a very slippery slope and one that I feel that isn't being discussed enough.

The white ***** on the morning Cris Carter show said if the protesting isn't working and the message isn't being delivered but it's dividing us, why don't the players stop?

Cris Carter looked like he wanted to smack her. That white ignorance, smh.

And this

AD9E95A8-3AB4-4AFF-9482-913AB305829B.jpeg

This is why so many of us weren't supportive of the locking arms nonsense. The message of police brutality against people of color is lost because these owners and fans don't care about that issue. One thing most of us should know by now is that racists HATE being called racist or white supremacists. If you confuse the issue of police brutality by making it about false patriotism you can hide your racism.

NBA players I get atleast because it's literally in their rule book. They need to remove that.

As player-friendly as the NBA is, and with how in-tune Adam Silver is to what's happening in this country, I'm surprised it hasn't been amended. However, with the NBAPA, etc. those things probably take time.

Alright mr. Mike Pence, let's take a look at the US Code Title 4: Chapter 1 - Section 8
In short, the part about the flag in the US code.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8
"
(c)
The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free."

Oh word? Like this?
I expect Trump to call for the IMMEDIATE FIRING of all NFL officials letting his happen and GET THOSE SONS OF *****ES OFF THE FIELD carrying the flag horizontally
us-flag-football.jpg

horizontal-us-flag-at-nfl-game-e1506273035885.jpg

Back
Top Bottom