Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bunch of .gifs and rolling smileys instead of valid counterpoints. I win.

Typical NT ignorance. 
laugh.gif
Bro, you didnt prove s**t. You just mad because these vets put a dent into your arguement. FOH!!

Bunch of .gifs and rolling smileys instead of valid counterpoints. I win.

Typical NT ignorance. 
laugh.gif
There have been valid points and you're being unreasonable, hence the gifs and such. 

The people yelling and screaming at CK are saying he's being unpatriotic, and that soldiers died for his rights,etc. Now there are soldiers posting pictures of them in uniform(more or less to prove that they actually served) saying they support his use of his first amendment right and that's what they fought for. You dismiss that saying it's humble bragging? You even had the audacity to say it's no different from people posting the France flag over their FB profile pic? You don't see how unreasonable you're being?

Can you do me a favor and pull up the veteran black on black crimes as opposed to the civilian black on black crimes?
Did this dude really just say veteran black on black crimes compared to civilian black on black crimes?!?!

Man get this ***** all the way outta here.

I ignored the other **** while scrolling but trying to float this idea that black ppl who enlist are on some other level that prevents them from committing crime on other black veterans, which is a dumb as **** stipulation, and I doubt there's even stats on something like that is just plain insulting and ridiculous.

You would have to be a fool to think that if you're a black person committing a crime that there's some special differentiation being made if you're a vet.

Then you invoking black on black crime just lets me know you been guzzled down the kool-aid. It's just crime. You bought in to a fallacy. Never stop to ask yourself why white on white crime ain't a frequently used media term given its prevalence.

You claim not to care about what white ppl think of you but you already bought in to their lies :smh:

Last edited:
It's amazing that one could look at those posts from those serving in our military & come to the conclusions posted in this thread. I'm not surprised though.

I get the point they're making, and for the most part I agree, and I also feel like some of the posts came across as another selfie/gloat challenge, as most things on social media do.

Much like the "what if it was me" challenge [emoji]128565[/emoji]
Precisely.

You guys act like it's totally unfathomable that people (yes, including our brave men & women in uniform, who are still only human) sometimes subconsciously use these "newsworthy" events to "join the global conversation" and end up just promoting themselves / their image on social media in some way. It's ******* social media, everyone is always looking for an excuse to project a good / cool image of themselves. Unless you want to tell me that's completely false?

The best example is this guy:

I mean just look at the ******* pictures. 
laugh.gif

You can't honestly tell me that you think this guy was more focused on simply promoting the First Amendment than he was on putting together this cute collage for Instagram / Twitter "props." Couldn't he have just tweeted that message? He just had  to post the collage of his bad *** army pics? Clearly, there's a significant amount of image crafting here. 

Last edited:
:lol:, I still can't believe homey's interpretation of the #VeteransForKapernick posts...

I just showed it to my co-worker who is a vet that served in the Panama invasion & in desert storm... He was like WTF?!??!

BTW, he hates what Kap did but echoes what his fellow vets posted. He said people are making it a bigger deal than it should be.

Last edited:
:lol:, I still can't believe homey's interpretation of the #VeteransForKapernick posts...

I just showed it to my co-worker who is a vet that served in the Panama invasion & in desert storm... He was like WTF?!??!

BTW, he hates what Kap did but echoes what his fellow vets posted. He said people are making it a bigger deal than it should be.

They're making a bigger deal out of his method of delivering the message more than the message itself, which they continue to gloss over.

I said before in another thread, black Americans need to outsource for assistance from other nations. March, get on tv, do whatever. We need assistance because this country is not gonna save us, no matter how many well intentioned people there are

I agree. Every successful minority in this country has had an institution outside of these borders that makes sure that the interests of their native people are defended and their grievances heard at the national and international level. (See Latinos, Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Israelis, etc...)

What you're talking about was one of the first motivations of the panafricanist movement. There were African leaders who pushed for a United States of Africa (or something similar to the US) that would defend the interests of Black people worldwide like Kwame Nkrumah. Unfortunately, other African presidents of the era (in particular those of former French colonies) felt beholden to France and its interests, and they thwarted the idea by supporting coup d'etats and other destabilization tactics in those countries led by panafricanist presidents.

For real for real, for the conversation he started, the support he's garnered, the positon he's put himself him to potentially lose millions, Kaep is a hero.

rickyrobot rickyrobot

Why are you putting such an emphasis on your interpretation of veterans support CK? You're digging into a discussion dealing with social media and instant-gratification which has nothing to do with either CK or his dissenters.

Why don't comment on their message then? I think it's great to see veterans support CK's actions and his right to criticize this nation.

[thread="652983"]Quote:[/thread]
I get the point they're making, and for the most part I agree, and I also feel like some of the posts came across as another selfie/gloat challenge, as most things on social media do.

Precisely.

You guys act like it's totally unfathomable that people (yes, including our brave men & women in uniform, who are still only human) sometimes subconsciously use these "newsworthy" events to "join the global conversation" and end up just promoting themselves / their image on social media in some way. It's ******* social media, everyone is always looking for an excuse to project a good / cool image of themselves. Unless you want to tell me that's completely false?

View media item 2150198

I mean just look at the ******* pictures. :lol:

You can't honestly tell me that you think this guy was more focused on simply promoting the First Amendment than he was on putting together this cute collage for Instagram / Twitter "props."

They obviously want to be seen, that's why they're posting hashtags on the internet. It's trending :lol: what point are you trying to make?

Of course it's not what they did but why they did it. Who ******* cares if they wanna get a little shine while also showing these "but what about the vets?!" people that they sound stupid.

[thread="652983"]Quote:[/thread]

Precisely.

View media item 2150198

I mean just look at the ******* pictures. :lol:

You can't honestly tell me that you think this guy was more focused on simply promoting the First Amendment than he was on putting together this cute collage for Instagram / Twitter "props."
Sounds more like you're mad because you can't use the veterans' voices to mold the conversation to your liking.

They obviously want to be seen, that's why they're posting hashtags on the internet. It's trending
laugh.gif
what point are you trying to make?

Of course it's not what they did but why they did it. Who ******* cares if they wanna get a little shine while also showing these "but what about the vets?!" people that they sound stupid.
So, just to clarify a few things:
  • Colin Kaepernick has the right to do / say whatever he wants according to the First Amendment to the Constitution -- undeniable FACT
  • I disagree with his actions because I think he should be extremely ******* grateful that he lives in this country that has allowed for him to have a life that 99.99% people only dream of (despite  the unfortunate circumstances from which he came) and, therefore, I think he should be respectful of the symbols of this country
  • I have the utmost respect for our brave soldiers. They are willing to do a job that I'm not currently willing to do, that is vital to the safety of our nation and all of the people in it
All I'm saying is that the mere fact that some veterans are "supporting" Colin Kaepernick means nothing to me. It doesn't sway my opinion. It doesn't make me think, "Oh, okay, never mind, Colin! Keep up the good work, because some veterans 'said' [see: posted selfies saying] it was cool with them!"

I'm not saying image crafting was their only motivation, or even their  greatest motivation, but it's a significant portion of the motivation. Therefore, I'm not giving these relatively superficial endorsements much weight.

P.S. Not even sure how the military got brought into this. My disagreement with Kaep has nothing to do with "disrespecting" our military (because I don't think he did -- if other people made that interpretation, that's on them). It has everything to do with my love for my country that has given me and my family so much.

Last edited:
You have no actual evidence besides how you feel that it is a significant portion of their motivation.

rickyrobot rickyrobot

Thanks for clarifying. You don't agree with his actions, but what about his reasons for sitting out? Do you agree/disagree that there are systemic and historical disadvantages applied to communities of color that still persist to this day?

So, just to clarify a few things:
  • Colin Kaepernick has the right to do / say whatever he wants according to the First Amendment to the Constitution -- undeniable FACT
  • I disagree with his actions because I think he should be extremely ******* grateful that he lives in this country that has allowed for him to have a life that 99.99% people only dream of (despite  the unfortunate circumstances from which he came) and, therefore, I think he should be respectful of the symbols of this country
  • I have the utmost respect for our brave soldiers. They are willing to do a job that I'm not currently willing to do, that is vital to the safety of our nation and all of the people in it
All I'm saying is that the mere fact that some veterans are "supporting" Colin Kaepernick means nothing to me. It doesn't sway my opinion. It doesn't make me think, "Oh, okay, never mind, Colin! Keep up the good work, because some veterans 'said' [see: posted selfies saying] it was cool with them!"

I'm not saying image crafting was their only motivation, or even their  greatest motivation, but it's a significant portion of the motivation. Therefore, I'm not giving these relatively superficial endorsements much weight.
Why should he be "extremely grateful" and not stand up for the injustice inflicted on his fellow minorities? Him being successful and being less affected by systemic racism is irrelevant. He's not doing it for himself. If anything more influential celebrities should speak up about it.

The third verse of the national anthem is literally a celebration of slavery. That's the real disrespect, not Colin refusing to stand up during the anthem

Last edited:
The same points have been made and answered over and over again in this thread:

"He should be grateful he lives in this country"

To which members have responded, it's this country and its soldiers who have faught and died for him to have the freedom to do what he did regardless if it's the popular choice or not...it's his right as an American to do so

The second counterpoint to that statement is that as an American he has the right to disagree with the way certain aspects of his country are handling things, it doesn't make him unamerican or unpatriotic, many will argue it makes him even more American because he cares about other Americans who are being treated unjustly and wants to try to change it for the benefit of other American citizens

And for the record the soldiers who stand with kaepernick are not doing so because they want "ricky robot's" approval, it's because they stand behind someone practicing their rights as an American citizen, the same rights we are all entitled to, and the rights they fight to uphold allowing us practice them safely in America

If they want notoriety for their service and in supporting a just cause where their endorsement is appreciated why does it bother you?

Last edited:
@rickyrobot

Thanks for clarifying. You don't agree with his actions, but what about his reasons for sitting out? Do you agree/disagree that there are systemic and historical disadvantages applied to communities of color that still persist to this day?
Finally, getting to a substantive conversation.

I agree 100% with that. Black people have straight up gotten the shaft in this country and many other parts of the world, simply because their skin happens to be a darker shade on the same spectrum of brown that we all occupy. It's completely wrong and I wish there were an "Easy Button" to make it all good for everyone.

I just:
  • Think it's a bit of a stretch when people simplify and wholly equate the anthem & flag to oppression & police brutality
  • Don't see what tangible, quantifiable benefits his method of protest will afford POC

Last edited:

@rickyrobot

I just:
  • Think it's a bit of a stretch when people simplify and wholly equate the anthem & flag to oppression & police brutality
I don't think he meant anthem and flag = oppression and police brutality , rather anthem and flag = America = oppression and police brutality. Senseless acts of violence against African Americans by police have occurred in states throughout the country, so I think it's fair to say it's a problem that exists in America as a whole and not just subspecific regions of it 

Last edited:
It's amazing that one could look at those posts from those serving in our military & come to the conclusions posted in this thread. I'm not surprised though.

Exactly, I'm reading the a 4 pages like Mr. Krabs in the spin cycle.

Back
Top Bottom