Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

has a team ever said who they where picking quicker then the clippers did? not even the cavs dd that

a problem that i see with rubio is not that he won't end up being good, but as previously stated, the abundance of solid pg prospects in this draft, isrubio that much better than maynor or mills... i mean we are talking a sure top 3 talent to late first round... i dont know i just don't see that... evenflynn, teague, holliday, so many potentially good pgs here its gonna be tough for rubio to really prove hes worth that top 3 pick unless he really puts upgreat numbers and great results wouldnt you guys agree?

Word is the Mavericks are itching to add a real point guard in this draft... And they're looking at moving WAY up to do so...

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Sure Memphis is young and talented, but i don't think playing alongside Mayo is going to be good for either for their development.
they wont be together for very long...

Juice is going to leave Memphis & bolt to LA soon as that rookie deal is up...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Sure Memphis is young and talented, but i don't think playing alongside Mayo is going to be good for either for their development.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...except that Memphis will have a chance to match any offer once he becomes a RFA.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by ericberry14

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...except that Memphis will have a chance to match any offer once he becomes a RFA.

Yep. So, Mayo probably won't be available til' sometime around 2016 or 2017 when Memphis will probably end up having a championship or two.
laugh.gif

Raptors Looking For Size: League sources are saying that the Raptors may have found their man and it could be Pitts' DeJuan Blair. The Raptors have been in to see virtually every workout site in the country and have split into two teams stopping in for advanced looks. The Raptors will bring in several first round prospects after the Combine, but early word is they are looking for toughness and rebounding first and could be buying a later first rounder hoping for a backup point guard. Don't rule out Toronto taking a sniff as Gonzaga's Austin Daye late in the first if he's still there, word is Raptor's head coach Jay Triano was intrigued by Daye's length and outside shooting. The Raptors currently hold the 9th overall selection.
If the BC drafts Dujan Blair with the 9th pick he should be fired on the spot.

Honest question....what seperates DeJuan Blair from Michael Sweetney and Robert Traylor? I just see a lot of red flags w. this pick....maybe at best, he can belike Big Baby....i dunno...

I feel bad for any team taking Blair that doesn't already have a dominant big man like KG, Duncan or Nowitzki.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honest question....what seperates DeJuan Blair from Michael Sweetney and Robert Traylor? I just see a lot of red flags w. this pick....maybe at best, he can be like Big Baby....i dunno...
Well to play devils advocate he rebounds at a far far higher rate than Traylor, Sweteny, Big Baby ever did and his back to the basketgame is alsomore dvanced than any of those guys. I think Paul Milsap is a far more acutrate comprison and probably how is career will turn out if he lands in the rightsituations.

The Toronto Raptors with an excess of big guys is not one of them.

The combine is coming up in a couple days who is going to improve there stock the most?

If Blair mesures out badly his stock will plummet.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honest question....what seperates DeJuan Blair from Michael Sweetney and Robert Traylor? I just see a lot of red flags w. this pick....maybe at best, he can be like Big Baby....i dunno...
Well to play devils advocate he rebounds at a far far higher rate than Traylor, Sweteny, Big Baby ever did and his back to the basketgame is also more dvanced than any of those guys. I think Paul Milsap is a far more acutrate comprison and probably how is career will turn out if he lands in the right situations.

The Toronto Raptors with an excess of big guys is not one of them.

The combine is coming up in a couple days who is going to improve there stock the most?

If Blair mesures out badly his stock will plummet.
QFT.

I think Blair will measure out pretty well since he is losing weight now. He will definitely surpass most draftees in the strength category. Determining hisheight, vertical and agility will be questionable even though him losing weight will probably increase those categories (with the exception of height). He willbe pretty average IMO, and not one of the bottom 10 in terms of results. I wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, but somewhere in the late teens or early20's fits him.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't think Blair is as athletic as Millsap is.
Paul Milsap posted a 32 inch vertical and was one of the lowest rated power forwards athletically how much worse could blair be?
laugh.gif

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever in my 2 years of watching Dejuan Blair seen him explode off the ground and dunk over someone.

Let alone a near 7 footer.

Millsap is more athletic... But at the same time, Blair is more advanced offensively than Millsap was when he came out... And he'll be 2+ years younger atthe time he'll be drafted...

If Blair measures out any lower than the 6'7 he's listed at, he's got no shot... Measurements are going to be HUGE for him... People know he canplay, but nobody is wasting their time with a 6'6 power forward that has no chance of succeeding out on the perimeter...

Back
Top Bottom