Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

but he's a stiff, awkward athlete that doesn't move around very well or explode in traffic...
you just proved my point. Everything you just said has been totally disproven by his athletic tests, and the fact that he performed on the court. He lacks explosion, but he clearly is not stiff or awkward.

Explain to me how he averaged 20 and 8 for his career. Won a NPOY award. Won a national championship. Commanded double teams for 4 years.?

Bro, you said that Hansbrough's athletic ability is in the same neighborhood as LeBron, its a wrap for you in S/T.

^
try to keep up killer. The poster compared Peja and Bron, and I said the difference is that Hansbrough is in Griffin's neighborhood at least, whereas Pejaisnt in Lebrons.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ You reading those tests a little closely dude...

Those combine results also say that Jordan Farmar is in Derrick Rose's class athletically too.

heres my problem with your statement.

People for 4 years have said Hansbrough is unathletic. Then there are tests, that the NBA, not me, THE NBA thinks show athletic ability. Hansbrough proves thatin fact, he is not unathletic.
If the test showed that he had no athleticism, everyone would be saying, "see we told you so" but since the data goes against what everyone believes,the testing is discredited.

There is much more to sports than these kind of tests. For goodness sakes, Jerry Rice was slow based on what the NFL thought was WR speed but he was the bestever. Thats not my point. My point is, people act as if Tyler is garbage, although all of the stats, data, and accomplishments he has defies that notion,unequivocally.

What's hilarious to me is that none of the great career stats and accomplishments he's pointing out change the fact that teams were more scared of EdDavis come tournament time than they were of
Hansbrough.
laugh.gif

Hansbrough was a good player who (albeit unorthodoxically) knew how to score pretty well in college. Problem is, most of what he does won't fly in the NBA.He's not going to be able to awkwardly flail his way through traffic without 1) getting stripped, 2)getting an offensive foul called. All those free throwshe shot in college? Not gonna happen in the league. Those awkward shots he flips up after contact are about all he's got. He is also a great shooter for abig man, I'll give him that. But teams aren't going to want their PF to chill and shoot 15 footers all day.

BTW he's not touching 20 ppg if he plays with a bunch of scrubs/not on UNC. He got ticky tack calls for DAYS and as far as I know set the all time freethrow record in the ACC.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

It's not the fact that youre disagreeing with me, its the ludicrousness of your statements. Ty Lawson is a better pure PG and team leader than Jonny Flynn? Tyler Hansbrough is about the same as Blake Griffin except that Griffin has more athletic ability and weakside defense?
the irony in that bolded area up there is
laugh.gif
... so youretelling me flynn is going to be a better pure pg than ty lawson? man go back to school or something ... flynn will SUCK on the nba level ...

you just proved my point. Everything you just said has been totally disproven by his athletic tests, and the fact that he performed on the court. He lacks explosion, but he clearly is not stiff or awkward.

Explain to me how he averaged 20 and 8 for his career. Won a NPOY award. Won a national championship. Commanded double teams for 4 years.?
Again, he absolutely is stiff and awkward in traffic... Jumping under a vert test pole with nobody around you in a pre-draft workout doesn'tchange that... Watch him operate in traffic, and that vertical jump is damn near a non-factor... Wonder why... It ain't because he's a smooth, fluidathlete...

And you can be a majorly successful college basketball player with Tyler's shortcomings... There are FAR more talented/athletic/whatever college basketballplayers than Tyler Hansbrough that weren't successful NBA players...

His skill set and the way he scored the basketball in college don't translate well to the NBA... If you care to refute that, I'd love to hear why...

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What's hilarious to me is that none of the great career stats and accomplishments he's pointing out change the fact that teams were more scared of Ed Davis come tournament time than they were of
Hansbrough.
laugh.gif

Hansbrough was a good player who (albeit unorthodoxically) knew how to score pretty well in college. Problem is, most of what he does won't fly in the NBA. He's not going to be able to awkwardly flail his way through traffic without 1) getting stripped, 2)getting an offensive foul called. All those free throws he shot in college? Not gonna happen in the league. Those awkward shots he flips up after contact are about all he's got. He is also a great shooter for a big man, I'll give him that. But teams aren't going to want their PF to chill and shoot 15 footers all day.

BTW he's not touching 20 ppg if he plays with a bunch of scrubs/not on UNC. He got ticky tack calls for DAYS and as far as I know set the all time free throw record in the ACC.

if you could poll the 6 coaches that played against UNC in the tourney, id be willing to wager that none of them gameplanned more for Davis than Hansbrough. EdDavis is going to be a beast, but no opposing head coach was more worried about a non starter who played less minutes.

Your points are valid but there is one thing you are omitting. In college he was the #1 option, depending on his NBA destination, he will be the 3rd to 5thoption when he's in the game. He will primarily be playing against the opponents backup forward if he goes to a team with a veteran forward in place. Imglad you see his shooting prowess, but I think he will shock alot of casual fans in his first few years in the league, with just how proficient he is athitting the 15-18 foot jumper
All great players get calls on every level. Watch the NBA playoffs this year. He also earned alot of the calls. The kid got beatup for 4 years. Commentatorsalways said that he liked the contact or intitiated it. Maybe so, but getting slugged in the head, grabbed, bumped etc is a foul on any level.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Again, he absolutely is stiff and awkward in traffic... Jumping under a vert test pole with nobody around you in a pre-draft workout doesn't change that... Watch him operate in traffic, and that vertical jump is damn near a non-factor... Wonder why... It ain't because he's a smooth, fluid athlete...

And you can be a majorly successful college basketball player with Tyler's shortcomings... There are FAR more talented/athletic/whatever college basketball players than Tyler Hansbrough that weren't successful NBA players...

His skill set and the way he scored the basketball in college don't translate well to the NBA... If you care to refute that, I'd love to hear why...

hes not a finished product. Just like he added his jumper the past two years, he will add more things to his games to be successful in the NBA. He did whatworked in his college career. Could he have scored in other ways? Yea. By why would he, when he was scoring with what he was doing?
Nobody would ever mistake Tyler for Kevin Garnett in the athletic dept, but these comparisons to guys like Mark Madsen are hilarious. They may look alike, inthat they are both white and have similar physiques, but Tyler is head and shoulders above him in skill.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

It's not the fact that youre disagreeing with me, its the ludicrousness of your statements. Ty Lawson is a better pure PG and team leader than Jonny Flynn? Tyler Hansbrough is about the same as Blake Griffin except that Griffin has more athletic ability and weakside defense?
laugh.gif
... so youre telling me flynn is going to be a better pure pg than ty lawson? man go back to school or something ... flynn will SUCK on the nba level ...
Put up your NT SN or money via paypal. I GUARANTEE Flynn will be a All Star PG in 2-3 years

laugh.gif
... so youre telling me flynn is going to be a better pure pg than ty lawson? man go back to school or something ... flynn will SUCK on the nba level ...
Put up your NT SN or money via paypal. I GUARANTEE Flynn will be a All Star PG in 2-3 years
roll.gif
someone print screenthis bum ... pure comedy ...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
someone print screen this bum ... pure comedy ...

Go ahead.

I'm curious though, who do you think will be the best PG outta this class?

Both of ya'll are on extreme ends right now...

I don't think Flynn will be a bum...but I certainly don't believe he'll be an all-star in 2-3 years.

You know? There is a chance James Harden falls to us at 9.

We just need Memphis to stay with Rubio, Thabeet to go to OKC, the Kings to do something dumb like reach for Holiday or Flynn(less dumb) maybe, Washington totake Jordan Hill at 5.

LAC 1. Griffen
MEM 2. Rubio
OKC 3. Thabeet
SAC 4. Holiday/Flynn/Jennings
WAS 5. Hill
MIN 6. Evans
GSW 7. Holiday/Flynn/Jennings
NYK 8. Curry
TOR 9. James Harden

If he falls past OKC, WAS and MIN, we have a good shot. or am I dreaming?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
someone print screen this bum ... pure comedy ...
I already have this ready to fire back at him at the end of next season
glasses.gif
(don't think it went unnoticed LUJ)

4v3k2s.jpg

It's totally possible. please say it's possible.
laugh.gif

Griffen is a lock at 1, Memphis will taking Thabeet makes no sense to me they can't be stupid enough to make Marc play PF so pencil them in for Rubio, OKCis a spot where Harden could go but OKC really lacks size and any sort of defensive interior presence. They tried to trade for chandler to fix this remember?So Thabeet is totally possible. Then comes the Kings, they need a point so they won't take Harden. Washington seems to be trying to trade out of there pickif they do it's probably a wrap for our harden pipe dreams but I doubt any one will in this $%++%@ draft. So put them down for Jordan Hill, they needtoughness anyways and the mocks have them going that way. Minnesota has some love afair with Tyreke, GS needs a point, and Curry goes to the knicks.

It's possible.
nerd.gif

The best shot you guys have at him is drafting someone @ 9 and doing a switch-a-roo with added players like Mayo/Love did last year.

Hansborough did do well in the athletic testing and he will be a good role player in the league because he works hard and plays hard. But he is nowhere nearthe athlete that Griffin is, he is akward and watching him do the lane agility drill at the combine he could not slide his feet well and almost fell overeverytime he backpedaled.

the handjob vs. Blake debate on athleticism is pretty easy to end, imo. has anyone ever seen IN GAME tyler make an athletic move that makes you go
eek.gif
. noreally anyone?

at the same time just go to youtube and type in blake griffin dunk, about a million athletic dunks will show up.

im sure hansborough COULD make an athletic play based on his numbers at the combine, but he hasn't in a game during his 4 YEAR career at unc!...until thenI will not consider him athletic.

Yo Patty Mills worked out for the warriors yesterday.
Anyone a fan? My gf goes to school with him. Her roommate's boyfriend. lol

Back
Top Bottom