Delete.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Poogibucker

i think were gonna regret lettin go of biedrins if we get amare . . . to me amare seems to have reached his peak
laugh.gif

Amare is 26 years old.

He hasn't even nearly reached his peak yet. Dude's like Dirk, KG, Kobe, they have reached their peak, you don't reach your peak at 26 unless you aren't going to be a good, long, seasoned-vet. If you guys do end up nabbing up Amare, I agree, I am iffy if he doesn't sign an extension.

Everyone is good after leaving the Warriors?

You can make a case for Jamison and Gilbert, but both were very raw, fresh, young talent. Murphy/Dunleavy are still decent, but not spectacularly better than they were on the Warriors. Ask Baron how leaving the Warriors is sitting with him, or Jason Richardson.

As for Biedrins, in the Warriors system, he's amazing. But I don't know if I see him grabbing as many boards on any other team. I mean who else is going to rebound on the Warriors?
laugh.gif
. If he was on a team like the Nuggets, I think he'd get pushed around by his own TEAMMATES and not grab nearly as effectively.

Big men are pricey, and I think he's justly paid, but to get Amare? I'd pull the trigger.
i'm surprised you didn't mention the best player in that list JA.
laugh.gif

i don't care right now what happens with the Amar'e deal. i just want Maggette gone if we're trying to extend Amar'e for some more years.

I think it's more realistic that Maggette would end up being traded midseason to a team who could use him at the time. I doubt he will this offseason. Wecan only hope.

I doubt he'll be traded this year period. I believe what the writers were saying, after the 2010 hype dies down and teams don't get the players theywanted, then they will settle for a Maggette.

Amare is lazy and once he signs a fat contract i could only imagine him playing with even less effort...Keep all your players if ur the warriors or trade forBosh..Trading Curry would be the worst idea ever

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Poogibucker

i think were gonna regret lettin go of biedrins if we get amare . . . to me amare seems to have reached his peak
laugh.gif

Amare is 26 years old.

He hasn't even nearly reached his peak yet. Dude's like Dirk, KG, Kobe, they have reached their peak, you don't reach your peak at 26 unless you aren't going to be a good, long, seasoned-vet. If you guys do end up nabbing up Amare, I agree, I am iffy if he doesn't sign an extension.

Everyone is good after leaving the Warriors?

You can make a case for Jamison and Gilbert, but both were very raw, fresh, young talent. Murphy/Dunleavy are still decent, but not spectacularly better than they were on the Warriors. Ask Baron how leaving the Warriors is sitting with him, or Jason Richardson.

As for Biedrins, in the Warriors system, he's amazing. But I don't know if I see him grabbing as many boards on any other team. I mean who else is going to rebound on the Warriors?
laugh.gif
. If he was on a team like the Nuggets, I think he'd get pushed around by his own TEAMMATES and not grab nearly as effectively.

Big men are pricey, and I think he's justly paid, but to get Amare? I'd pull the trigger.
You don't think Amar'e has reached his peak? He's played in D'Antoni's system and next to Nash for a while now and with theWarriors the only thing he still has is an "uptempo" system. I put it in quotations because last year it was garbage with Jackson running the teamand all. Even if the Warriors start running again he's not gonna have someone making half of those plays for him and he's going to have to play center(which he already said he hates/doesn't want to do).

I've said it before, Andris just fits the system better and he's younger with a better contract. Amar'e is clearly the better player, but Andrisisn't a bad player. I don't even think he's that far behind. Andris almost never gets plays called for him (except that inbounds alley-oop play)and he still puts up decent numbers at a high percentage. He can't spread the floor, but I don't see why it's necessary when he's so effectivenear the hoop and the Warriors can now spread the floor with shooters and have a healthy Monta to slash.

EDIT: I meant to add Amar'e's(?) injury history too, but forgot. Amar'e is probably not getting much better, and even if he does with an extensionhe's going to be on the decline while he's with the team.

^
amare is lightyears ahead of biedrins offensively. that shouldn't even be a statement that draws argument.

Amare > Biedrins

End of story. Amare's an all-star. Only 26. He's a beast and definitely knows how to play in the western conference.

In the words of Don Nelson on Curry -
"He can unpack his bags, go look for house, and relax. He ain't goin' any place!"

pimp.gif

BTW, I'm looking at Steph's highlights, and his game is like Monta's, maybe even better. I mean, he can shoot the trey.
tongue.gif

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_12701692?nclick_check=1

By Marcus Thompson II
Staff writer

Posted: 06/26/2009 09:33:59 PM PDT

Updated: 06/27/2009 06:48:21 AM PDT

The Warriors' refusal to include Curry in the trade likely has killed the chance to get Stoudemire from the Suns. The Warriors are willing to give up center Andris Biedrins, forward Brandan Wright, guard Marco Belinelli and maybe even swingman Kelenna Azubuike. But not Curry.

Curry was a major part of what the Suns wanted. Reports out of Phoenix are that Suns celebrated in the war room when Curry fell to the Warriors.

The initial talk was that no Curry meant no deal for Phoenix. But the Arizona Republic is reporting that Phoenix is still willing to talk to the
Warriors and other teams about Stoudemire, though the Warriors' chances decrease significantly without Curry in the mix.

The Warriors are content with not getting Stoudemire, according to two team sources, if getting him would mean losing Curry.

What most likely happened is, the two teams had a pre draft deal, which included the 7 pick. At 7 the Warriors didn't need or want a Jordan Hill or anybodyelse that was available.

Problem was, nobody saw Minny taking two PG's which let Curry slide.

Phoenix thought the Warriors were drafting for them while GSW were thrilled to take him there themselves.

Don't pat management on the back yet.

....watch them include Randolph instead

honestly though, warriors need to get rid of the log jam at the bench.
WAY too much talent sitting on the bench. maybe trade those rookie contracts to rebuilding teams for a veteran with a short contract.
ship corey/sjax and you'll be set. easier said then done though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

....watch them include Randolph instead
riiiiiiiiiiight...
The teams going to need to trade Ellis, if they decide to keep Curry as the PG. They aren't in a rush though, I'm just talking about in the next twoseasons.

Originally Posted by BangDak

honestly though, warriors need to get rid of the log jam at the bench.
WAY too much talent sitting on the bench. maybe trade those rookie contracts to rebuilding teams for a veteran with a short contract.
ship corey/sjax and you'll be set. easier said then done though
frown.gif

you can never have too much talent on a team... word to the blazers

and now, they're shipping them away because once all their rookie contracts expire, they'll be from the bottom of the leagues in payroll, to the top.

All I know is, if the warriors trade away Biedrins AND Curry for Amar'e then we're doomed forever. I think it's one or the other if it's gonnabe a fair trade. Curry, Maggette, Belinelli, and Az or Biedrins, Wright, Belinelli, and Az. If we lose Curry then we deserve to dump Maggette's horriblecontract. I'm no where near saying Biedrins is a better player than Amar'e, but here are the facts. He has a better contract, he doesn't need theball to make an impact, he gets 11 rebounds a game, he gets 11 points a game. He's better defensively, and he doesn't need a 2 time MVP point guard tothrow him oops. Some of you guys are acting like Amar'e is a huge upgrade from this guy, where I only see Amar'e scoring 20 ppg in our system due toour lack of pure PG's. And are you guys forgetting our boy Anthony Randolph? Go to the link in the post above me. Or youtube his game against the rockets.If Curry can develop into a pure PG, which i think he can, we're good to go fellas. We don't need Stoudemire.

Has anyone entertained the thought of trading Monta? You could get good value out of him and let curry run the point SG's are easy to find. Curry andEllis isn't the way to go long term

I really dont understand how everyone is having the opinion "Im down for the trade if we dont get rid of Curry."

Why in the blue hell does everyone think Curry is going to be so good? I just dont get it. He can shoot the rock.....hes amazing at it. But so was JJ Redick.What makes this undersized 2 so valuable? He isnt a pure point and I would be willing to bet a ton of money that Anthony Morrow will outshoot the hell out ofCurry for the coming years.

What is your infatuation with this kid?

Back
Top Bottom