did anyone else have these..... IVs

Sorry no pic..

Anyway I bought them pre 2000..i wanna say '98-'99ish.  All white IVs with chrome eyelets.  I dont remember if they had a Jumpman or Nike Air on the back of them.  I know they reintroduced them for the "Anniversary" series, and I think they may have even been retrod before that.

I just remember way back when I bought them I think they were exclusive to footaction because I had to drive across town to the only footaction that got em.  Its weird that I never see anyone with these, because I know they existed.  All I ever see are the retros of and the anniversary model.

Did anyone else have/has these?

???
air-jordan-4-iv-retro-2000-white-white-chrome-3.jpg

I remember people tried hard to dub these the "Bling IV's"...

I still prefer these over the Pures and Anniversary IV's. They looked so much cleaner in my opinion without the netting...And not to mention the shape was better.

I loved these when they first dropped. What a lot of you kids don't realize is when these first dropped they were one of the first non OG colors to come out. It was a big deal to us at the time to get a new color of the IV. Now you guys get a new color every month.

I had these but ended up selling. this was released in 2000. Which I think was the best year ever for retros. I would understand why ppl passed these up. With nike air fire red 5, nike metallic 5, flint 15, columbia 15, obsidian 15, nike air infrared 6 , white metallic 5 , concords space jam, and laney 5 all releasing within months of thid shoe, I would understand why they were passed up

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I loved these when they first dropped. What a lot of you kids don't realize is when these first dropped they were one of the first non OG colors to come out. It was a big deal to us at the time to get a new color of the IV. Now you guys get a new color every month.

Yeah, and all of us thought alike, just like you. I hate older cats who try to feed their ego, while talking down to younger dudes.

Many of us thought they were ugly and wack, and they should have stuck to OG colors. That's why they sat.

just copped the columbias from this year.... had these too... this retro+ run of the 4's are my all time fav 4's

Originally Posted by ijapino

I remember people tried hard to dub these the "Bling IV's"...

I still prefer these over the Pures and Anniversary IV's. They looked so much cleaner in my opinion without the netting...And not to mention the shape was better.

thats what im saying.... the tumbled perforated leather>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and these are sooooo much more comfortable than recent iv releases without a doubt

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Yeah, and all of us thought alike, just like you. I hate older cats who try to feed their ego, while talking down to younger dudes.

Many of us thought they were ugly and wack, and they should have stuck to OG colors. That's why they sat.

I'm not sure how I was talking down to anyone. I don't think people understand that back in 2000 these where one of the first new colors to drop and to myself and people I knew that was a big deal. When it comes to sneakers I have no ego. As far as them sitting on shelves just about everything that dropped back then sat on shelves for a while.

I had those and sold them with the quickness.

back then I was scooping up every retro because I was so excited.

I had the black retro + too, man the leather quality was so dope on those.

The IV's in the late 90's look much better than the '06 and '12 versions.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

This.

And idk if im the only one, but that toe box looks
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

That's a small pair making the length look funky, but if you're talking about the slant/angle, that's the way J's used to be. All these rounded/banana shaped toes are a new thing.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Originally Posted by spizike231

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

That's a small pair making the length look funky, but if you're talking about the slant/angle, that's the way J's used to be. All these rounded/banana shaped toes are a new thing.
Maybe its just that, because I've seen older IVs and they never looked that off to me as far as the toe box goes.
nerd.gif

This shoe was designed to be wore with tux or casual uniform. I remember Tinker wearing these with a hite tux. Siick!

OG here and I thought they were doody too. Never liked the netting being replaced with leather... Or the fact that these looked creased and dogged out on peoples feet after the first couple of wears due to them being all leather.

I don't know who "US" is, but when these came out, no one around here wanted them at all. They were not a big deal. Same goes for the oreos. The columbias were the only ones that sort of sold.

The bling IVs were actually pretty hard to find when they released.
I had no problems tracking down the black/cement, white/cement, "oreo" and columbias locally in San Diego... the Chromes only showed up at 1 of the 5 Footactions in the county.

Mine are DS and beyond yellow, retrobrite here I come.

Back
Top Bottom