discussion: how is your local sneaker spot?

I was at Fairview today (since a very long time ago) and noticed that most Lebron's are marked on sale.  The same also goes with recent Jordan releases, so I asked the guy if LBJ was being hated on since "the decision" and he told me Lebron's did take a significant hit.  People don't really "bother" with them anymore.  Then I asked about Jordan's, he told me that the average consumer (not sneakerheads) are beginning to realize that J's are being overproduced and that the quality is not up to par anymore.  He suggested that the economy "might" be a factor but his info doesn't extend far enough for him to make that type of conclusion. 

Since this was just a random answer, do you guys agree with this dude? Is Canada really hating on Lebron? Are J's really a thing of the past?

I was at Fairview today (since a very long time ago) and noticed that most Lebron's are marked on sale.  The same also goes with recent Jordan releases, so I asked the guy if LBJ was being hated on since "the decision" and he told me Lebron's did take a significant hit.  People don't really "bother" with them anymore.  Then I asked about Jordan's, he told me that the average consumer (not sneakerheads) are beginning to realize that J's are being overproduced and that the quality is not up to par anymore.  He suggested that the economy "might" be a factor but his info doesn't extend far enough for him to make that type of conclusion. 

Since this was just a random answer, do you guys agree with this dude? Is Canada really hating on Lebron? Are J's really a thing of the past?

Basketball shoes don't sell well in Canada in general.
Average consumers never want to spend a lot for sneakers and are looking for value for their money.  "Sneakerheads" used to buy for the "love" of the sneaker despite the often ridiculous prices but many are moving/have moved on due to many factors one of which are the inferior quality and ridiculously high retail prices, i.e. Jordans.  

I remember when I thought the MARS 4s and Military 4s quality were crap but compared to today's current JB retro quality it makes them look like OGs lol.

Conclusion:  Jordan Brand is but a fading memory of what they once were and stood for.

Basketball shoes don't sell well in Canada in general.
Average consumers never want to spend a lot for sneakers and are looking for value for their money.  "Sneakerheads" used to buy for the "love" of the sneaker despite the often ridiculous prices but many are moving/have moved on due to many factors one of which are the inferior quality and ridiculously high retail prices, i.e. Jordans.  

I remember when I thought the MARS 4s and Military 4s quality were crap but compared to today's current JB retro quality it makes them look like OGs lol.

Conclusion:  Jordan Brand is but a fading memory of what they once were and stood for.

lebron 7s right? they've been out for so long. the 8s drop next week. it's not really too surprising that people "dont bother" with them anymore.

im not gonna lie, if i want a GR, i go to the states. we're talking almost 50% off canadian msrp, even more if you wait for f&f for easy cops. if i'm part of the demise of the canadian sneaker economy, so be it. a trip to buffalo means cheap shoes, duty-free booze, and cheesecake factory.

lebron 7s right? they've been out for so long. the 8s drop next week. it's not really too surprising that people "dont bother" with them anymore.

im not gonna lie, if i want a GR, i go to the states. we're talking almost 50% off canadian msrp, even more if you wait for f&f for easy cops. if i'm part of the demise of the canadian sneaker economy, so be it. a trip to buffalo means cheap shoes, duty-free booze, and cheesecake factory.

agree on what u guys said.. most of the shoes here are overpriced that it hits both the sneakerfans and just shoppers in general. not only that but also, quality of Js nowadays have become more "cheap" compared to before. (not to mention the HST being one of the factors.) also, on how we we're considered "international" which I know is a thing in the past but again, they consider it "imports" due to border standards.
and yeah that player who moved to "south florida" to join the "super friends" is not a factor why people dont buy HIS shoes no more.. they might be waiting for the 8th sig which is comin @ the end of the month.. 

agree on what u guys said.. most of the shoes here are overpriced that it hits both the sneakerfans and just shoppers in general. not only that but also, quality of Js nowadays have become more "cheap" compared to before. (not to mention the HST being one of the factors.) also, on how we we're considered "international" which I know is a thing in the past but again, they consider it "imports" due to border standards.
and yeah that player who moved to "south florida" to join the "super friends" is not a factor why people dont buy HIS shoes no more.. they might be waiting for the 8th sig which is comin @ the end of the month.. 

it's just really hard for a Canadian consumer to pay more than 200 for a pair of shoes. Plain and simple. You know why canadians go crazy on boxing day, because thats how canadians shop. They wait for stuff to go on sale. As a result, canadians are always up on stuff like 6 months late.
LeBron may have taken a small hit in the states but once the heat start dominating he'll start selling again.
Jordans are still what sells the most here but mostly to the 19-30 crowd. High school kids don't really care anymore in terms of brand loyalty, they just want something clean. Which im not mad at.

it's just really hard for a Canadian consumer to pay more than 200 for a pair of shoes. Plain and simple. You know why canadians go crazy on boxing day, because thats how canadians shop. They wait for stuff to go on sale. As a result, canadians are always up on stuff like 6 months late.
LeBron may have taken a small hit in the states but once the heat start dominating he'll start selling again.
Jordans are still what sells the most here but mostly to the 19-30 crowd. High school kids don't really care anymore in terms of brand loyalty, they just want something clean. Which im not mad at.

It's sad to drop 2bills for any sneaker nowadays atleast for me when I could do so much more with that excess money, i.e. investments, mortgage, or anything else that entertains me.  Pre-creased pleather, excess glue stains, and poor quality control just don't do it for me anymore. Even on EAs I do a double take asking myself if I really want to horde this %$!* 
laugh.gif

Americans go nuts too aka Black Friday.  Besides even if they don't their sales trump ours easy.  Paying retail is for suckers.  I'd rather be late on fashion and early on life.

It's sad to drop 2bills for any sneaker nowadays atleast for me when I could do so much more with that excess money, i.e. investments, mortgage, or anything else that entertains me.  Pre-creased pleather, excess glue stains, and poor quality control just don't do it for me anymore. Even on EAs I do a double take asking myself if I really want to horde this %$!* 
laugh.gif

Americans go nuts too aka Black Friday.  Besides even if they don't their sales trump ours easy.  Paying retail is for suckers.  I'd rather be late on fashion and early on life.

Back
Top Bottom