Do teens give respect to older guys who collect????

Basically, 30+ heads are mad at what the game has become so they blame the youngsters. They remember the time they could walk into a FinishLine, Foot Locker,or FootAction and get their size no problem. The time before camping out, resellers, and hypebeasts. The time before packs and variant colored kicks. The timebefore retros looked nothing like the OG and were made of crappy materials. They blame the youngsters for those fads and this becoming more of a mainstreamtrend instead of something "underground". Thats why they are mad

Why should young people care about us when the company itself has forgotten about us and left us in the dust?

I don't blame kids for the state of sneakers today. I blame the company for releasing limited quantities. In that Gentry interview he said with the XX3he wanted to bring back "the chase" because back in the day if you didn't get the shoes when they came out it was too bad for you as they wouldall be gone. That's the biggest bunch of crap I ever heard. I would beg my parents for months before they got me the sneakers and they were always stillavailable. Limited was not in JB's vocabulary back in the day.

" Waddup NT,"

I stop "respecting" you there. You're over 30 and you still type words like "cuz" and then get mad at the younger generation for nogood reason, just like a lot of other older guys. Seems like a fad doesn't it?

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

I like the fact that you saying teens use their parents money to buy kicks though. I'm 18 and have bought all my kicks with my own money. I've never asked my parents for money for kicks. I respect the older cats but best believe I do not owe "you" anything for the fact that you watched MJ play longer than me. Just because you were around longer doesn't entitle you to something anymore than someone else unless we are talking about retirement or Social Security
laugh.gif
. I understand you are mad that a "young'n" called you a hypebeast but do not stereotype all youngsters. That is not cool. Give respect to earn respect.

I agree. p0tat0 5alad, I didn't know you were 18 I am too.

I think alotta young people kinda hate on older dudes becuz the have kicks that they can't get... but also the younger people have a different style andwhat not and wen JB releases a shoe n crazy colors and the older guys see the young bucks fiend'n over them the OGs tend 2 blame the kids 4 supporting the3gabage that JB makes

and are their really people over 30 in sneaker forums? i hope not.

See statements like this make me dislike you 90s babies. If it wasnt for us 30+ guys here there would not be a place on the internet to show your tackyrocawear and sean john outfits, your wack "collections" and your so called stories of girls you smash.

im 17 and ive seen mike play alot of times and i know what cause he did but collectin jordans is just like a memory of a man that did the impossible and notmany people are so called hypebeasts for shoes i respect many of the o.g collectors because they can remember it vividly and they got more expirience withit...btw 30+ isnt that of a good age really

I am one of these young collectors. I know he sterotype is that we are hypebeasts and stuff. but for me, I collect jordans because when I was little I remembersitting in my dad's lap watching some of the battles MJ went through in the finals against the suns, lakers, jazz, sonics, and Portland. I will neverforget that whenever MJ played me and my dad would be rocking the same jordans that MJ had. I collect because my dad used to collect. I guess its in my blood.you are talking about 30 years old, my dad is 50+ and he tells me about how he used to camp out for his jordans. I definitely respect the older cats in thegame because you guys made the brand what it is today.

Man listen I am not hatin on no one....ya just flipped da script and ran with it. And as far as the way I speak come on now ....this is the internet...notharvard you understand wa I am sayin right?

Difference between you and I is this...my III, IV, V, & VI's say NIKE AIR ON THE BACK!!!

You can hate, flake, or appreciate me....it don't matter cuz real recognize real!

Originally Posted by Ekin 75

and are their really people over 30 in sneaker forums? i hope not.

See statements like this make me dislike you 90s babies. If it wasnt for us 30+ guys here there would not be a place on the internet to show your tacky rocawear and sean john outfits, your wack "collections" and your so called stories of girls you smash.

i was born in 83. i dont wear rocawear or sean john. so... yea.
Go Old Head! Go Old Head! Go Old Head! Go Old Head!

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

30+ crew.

Who's not showing any loyal Jordan fan respect is JB themselves. they bastardize all the great shoes we grew up with. from putting out clownass colorways,
to terrible material quality, atrocious hybrids, or even changing the shoe altogether. I have respect for all true sneakerhead, I just wish JB would do the
same.

i'm 28, but yeah, exactly what he said.

the bottom line is this whole thing has gotten out of hand. sometimes i am ashamed of myself for still bying jays, knowing the company doesn't really careabout me or people like me. i got my 1st pair of jays in '86. they were black/red 1's & i was in 1st grade. i still buy because of the love and thenostalgic value. when i buy jays it takes me back and almost gives me the feeling of when they 1st dropped. those were the days, when it actually meantsomething to have the new jays on rd.

like biggie said, sh!!t done changed. jb feels feels like they already have us og's in the pocket so i guess they feel like they need to market to theyoungsters. at the end of the day it is really up to us og's who are still the foundation of this air jordan phenomenon. we are the ones with substantialincome who can literally buy every release. so if we were to stop, jb would definitely feel it and they would be forced to make a change. will that happen??probably not. it is what it is.

at the end of the day, it ain't the same. they're just shoes. it's really starting not to matter to me anymore. (actually, i feel like ishould've stopped caring a long time agao, but this has been my drug of choice for many years now) rehab is on the horizon, though...

im a younger collecter my self, 18 to be exact but to be honest with u, i respect the older collectors immensly, when waiting for titaniums the 9 guys infrontof me were all older, and i tried to get as much as i could out of all of them rather then trying to look like im super cool, reality is the older dudes arethe reason why any of us do this, the majority of them are the starters so how couldn't you respect them. Now as far as kids younger then me they are allwrapped in the marketing of the limited idea not the love for the greatness of jordan and the shoes that are named after him.

Difference between you and I is this...my III, IV, V, & VI's say NIKE AIR ON THE BACK!!!
WORD.....

Understand I'm not hatin just trying to state a point. Age doesn't matter when it comes to collecting kicks. But we are talking about overall"respect" to the elders who collect. So, as for the whole respecting elders thing, I'm sure the younger generation were born into it. A legacywas handed down and introduced them. The younger collectors may know who MJ is and have seen him play a few games, seen past highlight reels, and memorablephotos, and know what his shoes are all about. But when it comes down to it, do they REALLY know the complete history behind the Air Jordan and the sneakerculture as a whole? I'm sure majority of the younger collector's respect and understand the entity of Air Jordans and other sneakers but don't orhaven't taken the time to truly respect and understand the the history and the culture because they're to busy worrying about rocking the hottestsneaker and portraying a "cool" self image. That's where the love and respect gets lost. So the younger collectors who truly understand exactlywhat they have on their feet and rock them with pride knowing the value and the history are the ones who I'm sure respect their elders who collect. Therefore, they earn my respect, cause in my eyes, that's what collecting is about!!!!

Just cause your 30+ and you can wear your olympic 7's still, that doesn't mean that since i'm only 22 your somehow more OG then me, I have my babyshoes stocked up from 3-Present day...I can't wear them but I got them and MJ meant everything to me growing up and so did the shoes!

i buy jordans cause i like them. not cause they used to be cool, or cause old guys used to wear them, or because theyre the best quality sneaker, or causeJordan wore them. i buy them cause they look good. i dont care about a NIKE AIR logo, or a JUMPMAN logo. to be honest, if it wasnt for NT, i wouldve never evennoticed the difference. if i had my way, NOBODY would like jordans. that way i wouldnt have to pay 300-500 bucks for the ones i like. and i wouldnt have towear the same shoes a 13yr old girl is wearing. but the world aint perfect i guess. "Collectors" who cares?

I worked at FTL from 1990 to 1995 and my store shoes were always Js. My passion for shoes has never died and now I am 34, a father and a homeowner. WHOCARES!!! If someone does not respect you for no logical reason, is that person's respect worth having???

but the reason NT exists is because those 30 and 40 year olds and even late 20s collectors, they are kinda like the fathers of collecting if u wana put a lableon them, unless they them selves are beasts.

who cares what other people think about your kick game? do you want them to kneel down and kiss your og's or something?

I know a dude that is probably 45 years old and still collects Jays. I am 22. I respect him more so then any jordans collector. He has been in the game sincelike 85'. I wasnt even born yet. So i give props to the older collectors. They are big brothers to me and i appricate them big time

Back
Top Bottom