Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You really think pants with lightening bolts all over them are versatile?
Not necessarily the exact pair, but the mercer pants in general. The lightening bolts take away from that thats for sure, but the comfort and fit is more along what i meant.

i dont mind the lightning bolts as the blacks where pretty monochromatic.

but this is also from a dude who loved "critter pants" back when j. crew was for da more republican crowd.

J Crew Button up
J Crew Slacks
AE Wingtips and Belt
Visible t shirt under is a no go.
+1. Either V-Neck it or go undershirt-less.
Undershirt-less for da win. Yambs love to see bare chest poking out over cotton.
I have tried V necks, I dont know just doesnt feel right.. And ive always had to wear 2 layers.... Maybe a beater from now on? Im not sure yet..   Appreciate the advice, i might try this next week. 

New "Power Suits" via Details
Move over, pinstripes and wide lapels: The corner office gets a contemporary spin with a sharp, minimalist look.

Last edited:
To the guys who have been looking for no-show socks that are actually good at not showing, MS&Co. Loafer Socks (formerly known as Mocc socks) is offering a free 3-pack with the purchase of (2) 3-packs. No coupon code is necessary, just order (2) and they'll throw in the 3rd pack for free.

http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/

I have about 20 pairs of these and they're amazing. Lasts a very long time and fits great. I got the grey ones.

Visible t shirt under is a no go.

That is my only knock on the outfit, hope the wingtips are walnut.

BR light grey jacket/blazer
Nordstrom trim fit gingham shirt
cole haan walnut belt
AE Players walnut
Blue Alpha Khakis

Casual friday

I'll try and take a pic later...

I'll probably forget and wont, lol

Move over, pinstripes and wide lapels: The corner office gets a contemporary spin with a sharp, minimalist look.

Nice suits.

I don't know about the same color tie and shirt, I've never liked it.

Last edited:
Undershirt-less for da win. Yambs love to see bare chest poking out over cotton.
Yep. I used to rock a beater with white shirts but now I don't even care if the nipples shine thru. I love the feeling of one layer. Having two layers tucked into your pants feels weird.

Rocked v-necks for a long time under my shirts, still do with some of my dress shirts.

The only concern is the underarm area and deodorant, might need to switch, don't want stains.

To the guys who have been looking for no-show socks that are actually good at not showing, MS&Co. Loafer Socks (formerly known as Mocc socks) is offering a free 3-pack with the purchase of (2) 3-packs. No coupon code is necessary, just order (2) and they'll throw in the 3rd pack for free.

http://moccsocks.myshopify.com/

I have about 20 pairs of these and they're amazing. Lasts a very long time and fits great. I got the grey ones.

That or NinjaSox

I like this a lot, but I'm not sure how practical wearing a suit jacket over a cardigan over a turtleneck is. In fact, my body temperature is rising just thinking about it.

Or is that a vest and not a cardigan?

Either way, I'm not sure how practical any of those looks are in an office setting.

I like this a lot, but I'm not sure how practical wearing a suit jacket over a cardigan over a turtleneck is. In fact, my body temperature is rising just thinking about it.

Or is that a vest and not a cardigan?

Either way, I'm not sure how practical any of those looks are in an office setting.

Last edited:
Rocked v-necks for a long time under my shirts, still do with some of my dress shirts.

The only concern is the underarm area and deodorant, might need to switch, don't want stains.
I think the stain is a lot more associated with anti perspirant because of the metals.

Speaking of pasties, there are some for underarms and behind the collar...for dudes that sweat a lot.

I asked my tailor to send me a photo of some swatches for my next suit. Right now, all I have is a plain navy and a charcoal check/plaid suit (exactly like the Dior one RFX posted a few pages back). I'm fond of white dress shirts so I prefer my suits to have a pattern to them (no pinstripes). Which do you guys prefer?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Back
Top Bottom