Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I like this a lot, but I'm not sure how practical wearing a suit jacket over a cardigan over a turtleneck is. In fact, my body temperature is rising just thinking about it.

Or is that a vest and not a cardigan?

Either way, I'm not sure how practical any of those looks are in an office setting.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets warm super easy. I think it can work if the weather calls for it but knowing this dude is wearing a turtleneck, vest and jacket on a shoot likely in the Spring or Summer in the NYC heat just makes me sweat.

White dress shirt. You have options. Do you know the color of the wedding party or your date.

Personally would go with a diagonal striped tie.

its not formal and its a wedding where there is no color or anything lol. basically you can wear what you want.

its people from my church getting married and anytime that happens people wear black suits with random ties or whatever lol

So im wearing this navy suit to a wedding with black shoes + belt (no money to go buy brown items) and a white dress shirt

what color tie should i wear? any patterns? it would help if yall could choose a tie from j crew cause i have a gift card there LOL

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/tiesandpocketsquares.jsp

Here a few that I personally liked, considering it's a white shirt you can pretty much go with any tie.

Navy/White Polka Dots (other colors available too)

Gray/White Linen Diagonal Stripe

Turquoise/White Micro Dot Tie

Gray/Turquoise Diagonal Stripe

Gray/Pink Diagonal Stripe

Thanks guys! but another question... do you have to wear a white dress shirt to a wedding? any other color?

i was wondering about the dress shirt the dude is wearing in the pic with that gray tie.... thoughts?

Have any of you guys ever returned something to a store but actually didn't buy it from there? Basically bought some dockers(Dockersdotcom) a while back and want to see if Macy's will give me store credit or something if I return them there. ( tags are still on)

Last edited:
Have any of you guys ever returned something to a store but actually didn't buy it from there? Basically bought some dockers(Dockersdotcom) a while back and want to see if Macy's will give me store credit or something if I return them there. ( tags are still on)
No. Macy's wouldn't take it back anyway because you don't have their sticker that they put on the item(s) after the transaction has been tendered.

Today:

Thanks guys! but another question... do you have to wear a white dress shirt to a wedding? any other color?
i was wondering about the dress shirt the dude is wearing in the pic with that gray tie.... thoughts?

No you don't, white shirts just tend to be the easiest shirts to pair a suit and tie with since it's pretty much a blank canvas. I'm a big fan of micro check shirts especially blue or purple.

No you don't, white shirts just tend to be the easiest shirts to pair a suit and tie with since it's pretty much a blank canvas. I'm a big fan of micro check shirts especially blue or purple.
sweet! thanks man. def. gonna go for that purple joint then lol.

No. Macy's wouldn't take it back anyway because you don't have their sticker that they put on the item(s) after the transaction has been tendered.

Today:

Not even if i rip the tags off and say i dont have a receipt, can't i get a store credit?

Last edited:

Today:

Not even if i rip the tags off and say i dont have a receipt, can't i get a store credit?

Why don't you just try it and tell us what happens?

What's the worse that can happen? You get embarrassed because they find out you didn't buy it from them?

Meetings with the pops. Been hanging with him allot lately. Been learning allot as well.

Just saw these in Target. Decent alternative to the Dockers Alpha line. Slim but not skinny. They come in Navy Camo and Green Camo

Mossimo Camo Pants

which target
Cobb Parkway Smyrna.

Meetings with the pops. Been hanging with him allot lately. Been learning allot as well.

Your tie should touch the tip of your belt. Also that shirt tie combo needs a blue blazer to break it up. Personally I would have ditched the tie. And went with a blazer.

[quote name="Grizzlyboy" url="/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/28200#post_18549765"
Your tie should touch the tip of your belt. Also that shirt tie combo needs a blue blazer to break it up. Personally I would have ditched the tie. And went with a blazer.[/quote]

Yeah I know. Its 105 and feels like 120 w/ 95% Humidity in Texas right now. I didn't wanna put this on. I toured the Toyota plant where they make the Tundra and didnt want my tie getting caught in anything. Almost happen earlier in the day when I toured the Hennessy shop.

Thanks for looking out though.

Last edited:
For those that think rolled chinos and high waters are a new trend, the British working class has been doing this for decades and still killing the look.

This is my last week at Lockheed so I won't be able to make the planned purchases this fall :frown:. All good though, I'm more excited about graduating and starting a real job soon after.
I've made so many connections this summer in Maryland and Denver, hopefully they will help out once the job hunt starts up

Anyone lucky enough to buy the white label mercer pants that released yesterday? (Today in stores)

This is my last week at Lockheed so I won't be able to make the planned purchases this fall :frown:. All good though, I'm more excited about graduating and starting a real job soon after.
I've made so many connections this summer in Maryland and Denver, hopefully they will help out once the job hunt starts up
Long term goals, bro.

That's music to my ear.

Back
Top Bottom