Dressing Better Vol 2.0

But if we're using that logic, why not spend x amount more for a suit from y brand instead of hugo and then why not spend a bit more for mtm or bespoke

In addition there is a difference between spending for example $1000 versus $500, that is a huge difference. I think the example of savings up from $280 to $500 is somewhat different. Yea it's "near" twice as much just like in the MTM/Bespoke example, but savings $220 versus $500 more is a lot. In addition I personally would rather buy two suits from places from like Suit Supply, Indochino or Thick as Thieves with $1000, then just 1 for a grand.

Also depends on the shape of the person, ie TaT is only good for skinny guys and some folks may not be too comfy with going MTM from the jump. If a guy is already confused about buying a suit from a store he may be intimidated about getting measured for one that's going to be made based on the specs :lol:

With that said I call at least 3 more TaT suits for you by Dec 31st 2014 :lol:

I say he is going bespoke by the end of 2014.
Spot on.

In addition there is a difference between spending for example $1000 versus $500, that is a huge difference. I think the example of savings up from $280 to $500 is somewhat different. Yea it's "near" twice as much just like in the MTM/Bespoke example, but savings $220 versus $500 more is a lot. In addition I personally would rather buy two suits from places from like Suit Supply, Indochino or Thick as Thieves with $1000, then just 1 for a grand.
I say he is going bespoke by the end of 2014.
Baller. Too rich for my blood :lol:

anyone who wants the F&F coupon for banana republic give me a PM with your email. Corcio713 emailed me one and i was going to use it but there was nothing at the store that i wanted
frown.gif

thank you Corcio713 for sharing this with us though
pimp.gif

edit: claimed

Last edited:
If I scoop this BR suit, it will be my last for 6 months to a year. Then a trip to NY will be in order to hit Suit Supply. After that I'll consider MTM route.

^ because I am being respectful to his price range! Dude was only planning on spending $280, so I thought if I had ~100 more it's not too much if a stretch. By all means, if he wants to spend more and go Savile Row then he should! Just trying to be helpful, hope my logic didnt upset the Express sales reps in here lol
Appreciate the input fellas. But at this point, as a student intern, I can't justify dropping $500+ just on one suit that I would only wear on occasion. Express is no where near the quality that most of us want but at that price point, assuming the fit is ok, add minor alterations, accessories, and dess shoes for ~$700 I think that'll be good for me until I graduate and get a real job with some real $$$.

side note: I ordered the photographer last night for ~167 shipped. Hoping that works out and thanks for the help all!

^ because I am being respectful to his price range! Dude was only planning on spending $280, so I thought if I had ~100 more it's not too much if a stretch. By all means, if he wants to spend more and go Savile Row then he should! Just trying to be helpful, hope my logic didnt upset the Express sales reps in here lol
Appreciate the input fellas. But at this point, as a student intern, I can't justify dropping $500+ just on one suit that I would only wear on occasion. Express is no where near the quality that most of us want but at that price point, assuming the fit is ok, add minor alterations, accessories, and dess shoes for ~$700 I think that'll be good for me until I graduate and get a real job with some real $$$.

side note: I ordered the photographer last night for ~167 shipped. Hoping that works out and thanks for the help all!
That price is solid. I have 3 suits from express and never paid more than $125 prior to alterations. Great start.
Keep hustlin' famb. :smokin

Finally got that BR F&F thanks to diewitsjames
nthat.gif

Also got an email from BR today saying they increased my credit line
devil.gif

Last edited:

i'm not as well versed as some of the other guys, but as i mentioned before, the photographer suits with minor alterations works and looks perfectly fine. will definitely be a good 'interview' suit, IMO. and at that price? :smokin

Going to check out Suit Supply after work today and just realized that it's all the way downtown (coming from 50's and 5th). Dreading the commute down there :smh:

I really hope that I'm not going to be let down. Mostly all my suits are MTM or Custom.

Last edited:
Going to check out Suit Supply after work today and just realized that it's all the way downtown (coming from 50's and 5th). Dreading the commute down there :smh:

I really hope that I'm not going to be let down. Mostly all my suits are MTM or Custom.
It's worth it. The people there are great to deal with and are very helpful. However, if there is a specific model/size you are inquiring about, call before hand and make sure the stock is in. I had a problem locating one when I went. SA was really cool though. He searched hell and high water for it and gave me a brew while I chilled and waited :lol:

@Pinoy - Looking forward to pics of that TaT suit when it's done. Jason personally measured me and both my pants and jacket fit awful (not to mention the wool was sht - this was before he started using some VBC wools). Haven't worn it once. Curious to see how yours comes out.

Last edited:
Hello Nters, I tried to place as many order as I could, but it was pretty time consuming. And since I work at a first quality store, I have now been banned from placing orders on 2nd quality shoes lol. So sorry about that guys. You can still call the shoebank and try to place an order on the shoes. - (262) 241-4266

Last edited:

Suit Supply is opening up a new spot on 58th and Madison next month :pimp: :pimp:

Hello Nters, I tried to place as many order as I could, but it was pretty time consuming. And since I work at a first quality store, I have now been banned from placing orders on 2nd quality shoes lol. So sorry about that guys. You can still call the shoebank and try to place an order on the shoes. - (262) 241-4266

:wow: :wow: they cut my dude off with the quickness :rofl:

That credit line increase is a gift and a curse, tread lightly... :lol:

Heisenberg :pimp:

Sup NT I got my jacket from J Crew today in the mail and I was wondering about the fit.

I was measured to a 35' and the J Crew employee recommended me to purchased a 34 S.

im 5'6 and 135 lb if that helps. The pants are coming in the mail still...

thoughts? any alterations i need? im thinking the sleeves are a tad bit too long?

Last edited:
Anyone know where to get quality rugby shirts at a decent price? ($30 or less?)

I figure if uniqlo can do polos for 20 bucks, someone might be doing rugbys as well.

Had my girl take some pics. Excuse my desert boots I'm staying at my girls place tonight and dot have any dress shoes here.

Suggestions on alterations besides hemming the pants?

Jacket is 38S tailored fit and pants are 30/30 slim tailored fit. I'm 5'8" 140 lbs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom