Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The Racers are some of the most uncomfy shoes I've tried on. Love how they look but they feel so stiff and low.

Regarding Rick Owens intarsia high neck that was posted a while back, how do they run? I emailed tres bien and person told me they are only going to carry M&L

I think I'm more a small, do they run slim so that sizing up won't be that big of a deal?
For reference, my ideal s2s would be 17.5 and p2p be 20 for te jacket but any +\- in .5 won't affect me much

Rick Owens sizing is a crapshoot, it varies from item to item, season to season. The exact same jacket that releases in summer of 2012 and fall of 2012 could fit very differently. Then there is the pliability of the leather used.

For the most part, it is slim with very high armholes and ridiculously long sleeves. Best advice to get your body and jackets measurements and go from there.

i like the flyknit trainers the best. the racers are way too slim and uncomfortable for me and the lunars look and feel big on my feet.

The Racers are some of the most uncomfy shoes I've tried on. Love how they look but they feel so stiff and low.

I love mine for casual wear and the treadmill. Running outdoors? Not so much. You can literally feel every pebble you step on.

To be fair, Racers are meant to be for track running and short distances or sprints.

To be fair, Racers are meant to be for track running and short distances or sprints.
Most def. I was gonna use them when I go all out at the local HS track area. But they're just straight up not comfy to me. Not even sure I can wear them to walk in.

I love mine for casual wear and the treadmill. Running outdoors? Not so much. You can literally feel every pebble you step on.
That's what I figure. Word to the Jordan 1 regarding stepping on pebbles :lol:

Damb. I messed up
frown.gif
lol. I know what you were trying to say man.

In any case - just shine on brotha. shine on.

For people who are looking for a bag J. Crew has this bag for $78 plus 25%off:
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...001&siteId=th9ILo5LtqE-bvNTBs/NMb87Z9O/rt7Ncw
Wis how do they run, big or small? May try and get a 38.

I actually emailed them and asked about the 38 since they're out of a 36. Here are the measurements

Here are the measurements, please note each trouser is hand-cut so 1/4" variance is normal on these measurements:

Size 38
Thigh - 13"
Leg Opening - 8.5"
Rise - 12.5"
Inseam - 34"

None of the chinos were on sale which I'm actually looking for atm, so I just ordered a couple pairs from Uniqlo to see how they are

Last edited:
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...001&siteId=th9ILo5LtqE-bvNTBs/NMb87Z9O/rt7Ncw

Yes. Their trousers are superb and quality is great.

Note that with almost all OTR items, you may need to tailor to your own liking. I've done this with almost all my trousers so I have leg openings from 6.5 to 7.5".

There's measurements on their site
But their stuff is generally slim. Since you're a bigger dude, I think the rudy cut is best for you but that's special order only

I don't think the Walt will work for you. You probably need a Rudy. It's best to stop by and try in person since sales are final for discounted items.

Rewinding back to the MBA discussion a few days ago - Wharton is putting their first year MBA courses online for free: http://www.businessweek.com/article...-first-year-mba-courses-online-for-free#r=rss
I've had this discussion with my former classmates. A lot of the classes and materials covered are the same. The biggest diffs are the networking as you stated and the intensity of the students. Some students are just there just because. They drive super cars to class and got it made for life. The hungry ones really push you to compete and I loved that mentality.

I have a size 30 corter belt for cheap if you're the same size. I switched to side adjusters for almost every pair of pants and they're no longer useful to me

Back
Top Bottom