Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just picked up these 1901's from Nordstrom's for $110

Chick I know is putting out a collaboration in Bloomingdales with Andrew Marc.  Jacket's cool and posted that she thinks it's unisex (though it's probably more of a women's only product) but figured I'd post it here anyway.
[h2]Andrew Marc x Lindsay Luv: Design Collaboration[/h2]
Fashion, People

What began with my lusting after the most beautiful Andrew Marc leather jacket in the Soho Bloomingdale’s window many years ago has come full circle with my very own design collaboration with the brand today! I am beyond excited to officially announce my Fall/Winter 2013 Luv jacket that will be selling exclusively at top Bloomingdales locations this Fall and on Bloomingdales.com!

Taking our long-time relationship to the next level with a design collaboration was a natural fit. Inspired by the brand, I envisioned the perfect Fall ’13 staple black moto jacket with a signature rose gold hardware twist and after personally sketching out my ideas Andrew Marc   turned this into a reality! It is an iconic first for both of us: my own first luxury design collaboration and their first collaboration of this sort for the brand. The jacket will be in great company as it sells at top fashion retailer, Bloomingdales!  Check out the official press release below

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: 

ANDREW MARC SHOWS LUV TO BLOOMINGDALES THIS FALL

Limited Edition Leather Moto Jacket Designed By “DJ To The Stars”

Mash-ups and iconic brand Andrew Marc seem like an odd mix.  But the label isn’t skipping a beat this Fall, in a unique collaboration between its heritage leathers and turntable goddess DJ Lindsay Luv.

Andrew Marc by Lindsay Luv will be the first collaboration of its kind between Andrew Marc and a music curator.  The limited edition leather motorcycle jacket will be sold exclusively at select Bloomingdales locations nationwide and on Bloomigdales.com beginning in October 2013.

DJ Lindsay Luv, dubbed “DJ to the Stars” by MTV, and a “Turntable Goddess” by Victoria’s Secret, is a celebrity DJ with an avid following in the US and international market. Born on the east coast, Luv made a name for herself by spinning the hottest nightclubs, private events, and celebrity parties in NYC before relocating to Los Angeles and becoming one of the most sought-after names across the industry and among the celebrity stacked Hollywood crowd. Lindsay Luv is favored in fashion circles for her style and flair, able to wear editorial designs while perfectly syncing tunes to the occasion.

Luv will be spinning at the Andrew Marc booth during the upcoming WWD Magic trade show in Las Vegas on August 19-21.  Luv, a TheFuture.FM “Top Played DJ of All Time”, will also be featured on Andrew Marc’s new digital flagship store which launches in early September, providing signature content connecting lifestyle trends with music and fashion.

Andrew Marc’s President Stephen Budd commented: ”The Andrew Marc Fall 13 Women’s collection draws inspiration from the urban warrior, celebrating the strength of the modern woman and her ability to conquer anything that comes her way in today’s urban jungle. We chose Lindsay because she is a powerful representation of the modern woman, and fully understands the Andrew Marc lifestyle, while opening up to a fun, new contemporary customer.  She does it all. We have had a long-standing relationship with Bloomingdales, and felt this fun collaboration would bring great energy to their customers as we reinvent our brands together.”

“I am thrilled to be collaborating with such an incredible iconic brand like Andrew Marc. I have been a lifelong fan of their leathers, and as a leather jacket enthusiast, I dream about the perfect motorcycle jacket. My first encounter with the brand was back in 2005.  I had been lusting over an emerald green Andrew Marc leather jacket, ironically, purchased at the Soho Bloomingdales store. The Andrew Marc x  Lindsay Luv jacket is perfect for any gig. Its signature rose gold hardware adds a rock n’ roll edge and touch of “Luv” to the soft black moto jacket. It was an organic relationship from the start, and now a sensational reality!  – DJ Lindsay Luv
it looks good

3d11dc4035de11e3aca722000ab7858a_7.jpg

Last edited:
Those 1901 boots comes in black but non-suede.

1901 actually has a nice last on their shoes and they are very affordable, the bucks I got made by 1901 a few years back was very comfortable too, the insole was well cushioned. Quality isn't amazing but for $100, it is workable but with AEs hitting $130, then the AEs become a better option. 1901s are still good for those who can't wait though.

Last edited:
Yeah I am in LA. I didnt get them at the Rack. I got them at Nordstroms at the Americana in Glendale.
Man, that Nordstrom is highly disappointing. I was expected the good brands, but they just moved the stuff across the street. It looks like we have enough LA members for a game of 3 on 3 now :pimp:

Today:

^ Best fit I've ever seen you post wj4
Thanks. Didn't feel like wearing suits this week. Weather got warmer too.

The ladies at my job who only dig menswear didn't like it too much though :lol: They especially dislike when I come in jeans with stacking and Jordans/Foams on Fridays.

Man, that Nordstrom is highly disappointing. I was expected the good brands, but they just moved the stuff across the street. It looks like we have enough LA members for a game of 3 on 3 now :pimp:

I'm down.

Today:

For all the guys who grew up in a big city, would you dudes relocate to a very small town for a better job opt? I have a couple of offers on the table, but they are in very small towns in the Midwest.

I had a friend who moved from L.A. to Akron for a job and she said she had to drive like 30 mins to get to the nearest Walmart :lol:

Depends where you are at in your life. If your young without a family then no. There is a reason there are jobs in those locations.

Depends where you are at in your life. If your young without a family then no. There is a reason there are jobs in those locations.
:lol: You act as if there are no qualified individuals around the area, man or others that are willing to make the jump. Folks relocate all the time BTW if the pay is right and if there's re-location assistance.

The reason I ask here is like I said, most of the dudes here are close knit and are still young with no family and is pretty mobile, ie A and Wes.

I'm still bummed out the gig from Amazon didn't work out. The gig from Facebook isn't high paying enough for me to move up to the Bay where cost of living is extremely high.

It'll be interesting to see how this country looks in the upcoming decades. Corporations are moving to small towns to rebuild now. I know my firm is moving a big chunk of the biz to Kansas, and a good portion of folks is going with. CA is not too friendly for businesses so they're bouncing :smh:

In my head, I think I can enjoy the chance of pace and collect $ in the upcoming years. But where will I go if I need to cop some leather pants or drop crotch sweats? :lol:

I also know guys who turn down very lucrative offers due to the location. A friend of mine went to interview in Houston and he said he couldn't do it. The humidity was just too crazy even though they pay was almost double what he was making.

Last edited:
For all the guys who grew up in a big city, would you dudes relocate to a very small town for a better job opt? I have a couple of offers on the table, but they are in very small towns in the Midwest.

I had a friend who moved from L.A. to Akron for a job and she said she had to drive like 30 mins to get to the nearest Walmart :lol:

I just moved from the DC area out to Arizona...time for a change of pace and just something different.

I'm 28 with no kids.

I like having the ability to just leave a career and start with something new.

I just moved from the DC area out to Arizona...time for a change of pace and just something different.

I'm 28 with no kids.

I like having the ability to just leave a career and start with something new.
Bro, why does your SN sound so familiar? :lol: I know you've been here for a good minute, but I can't put a finger on it at the moment.

Where in AZ are you? My friend goes to Scotsdale a lot for work and he said a lot of affluent folks reside there now. A friend from high school moved to Phoenix and he said he bought a very modern condo for 1/5 of the price that it would cost here in L.A.

I'll be 28 next month myself. I put my career first at the moment, mainly why I don't have a dedicated gf. I'm also exploring international opportunities.

Depends on where you are at in your life,what you value more etc.....A smaller town will definitely allow you to stack money more quickly..I've never lived in a "big" city but I've visited many different ones and the price discrepancy in things always sort of shocks me..The same amount of money some people make in larger cities and struggle to survive with would allow them to ball out in a smaller town....Granted you do lose some things entertainment,culture,etc....

Bro, why does your SN sound so familiar? :lol: I know you've been here for a good minute, but I can't put a finger on it at the moment.

Where in AZ are you? My friend goes to Scotsdale a lot for work and he said a lot of affluent folks reside there now. A friend from high school moved to Phoenix and he said he bought a very modern condo for 1/5 of the price that it would cost here in L.A.

I'll be 28 next month myself. I put my career first at the moment, mainly why I don't have a dedicated gf. I'm also exploring international opportunities.

I'm no Gold Street Capital or anything. Might just be the name that rings a bell. :nerd:

I'm not too far from Scottsdale. Phoenix/Glendale/Sun City area.

Cost of living is incredibly low. A 1.75 bottle of Crown goes for $60+ in VA. $34.99 at Costco out here.

There are a lot of jobs and opportunities out here.

Toughest thing to adjust to out here is Sports/Football coming on at 10 am on Sundays.

Scottsdale is a very "ritzy" area from what I've been told. Mike Bibby plays at a gym in the area and a lot of people come here to get away.

I'm no Gold Street Capital or anything. Might just be the name that rings a bell. :nerd:

I'm not too far from Scottsdale. Phoenix/Glendale/Sun City area.

Cost of living is incredibly low. A 1.75 bottle of Crown goes for $60+ in VA. $34.99 at Costco out here.

There are a lot of jobs and opportunities out here.

Toughest thing to adjust to out here is Sports/Football coming on at 10 am on Sundays.

Scottsdale is a very "ritzy" area from what I've been told. Mike Bibby plays at a gym in the area and a lot of people come here to get away.

:lol: Word. Thanks for your 2 cents. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom