Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This is a pretty cool closet set up. I don't think it's too farfetched for an average Joe to have this set up in a moderate size room.

:lol: at the LV print though. My guy loves his white shirts too.

I really like the shoe set up more than anything. It doesn't seem to take that much space, but can hold quite a few pairs.

Went on my first shopping trip today. Ended up hitting 3 spots in NE Ohio. I didn't have any great pick ups like A, but I just got a new camera so I figured I'd take some pics of the one pick up I did have. Just a navy Lanvin tie for $4.97. Pretty nice quality and condition.

Nice pickup on the redwings, my pair is taking so damn long from Norstrom, they ship like 2 weeks after you pay, waiting to see how the brown fit before grabbing the tan

My expecting shipping date was between 10/21-10/23, so I have no idea how they came in so early. :lol: . It definitely caught me by surprise.

Finally can post again :smokin

So much stuff I wanted to reply to :lol:

E.g. The "utban" fiasco

The "ayo" discussion

Bootcut jeans :lol:

J. Crew factory's slow shipping times (i ordered on monday and it still hasn't shipped)

Nice pickup on the redwings, my pair is taking so damn long from Norstrom, they ship like 2 weeks after you pay, waiting to see how the brown fit before grabbing the tan

My expecting shipping date was between 10/21-10/23, so I have no idea how they came in so early. :lol: . It definitely caught me by surprise.

I hope mine come soon

As far as shoe maintenance, do you guys get taps on your shoes at all? or have rubber added to protect the bottoms and help them last? I'm probably not using the right terms but I took a pair of LV cap toe shoes to get taps, I should have done it when I first got them but I was lazy, he redid the heel and put on taps and said for $40 per pair he could add Vibram rubber soles on them, when ordering the AE Daltons I remember seeing the rubber soles on the website, does anyone take these routes to protect their soles? He said its necessary if a dress shoe is worn twice a week or so, in my line of work I don't wear shoes at all, just when I dress up a bit and step out.

Last edited:
Unless you're walking miles upon miles on concrete daily, your sole will not wear quickly. None of my footwear have them.

Also noticed only after taking pics my Daltons soles are 2 different colors, don't care much but after uploading the pics I was like w t f

I hope mine come soon

As far as shoe maintenance, do you guys get taps on your shoes at all? or have rubber added to protect the bottoms and help them last? I'm probably not using the right terms but I took a pair of LV cap toe shoes to get taps, I should have done it when I first got them but I was lazy, he redid the heel and put on taps and said for $40 per pair he could add Vibram rubber soles on them, when ordering the AE Daltons I remember seeing the rubber soles on the website, does anyone take these routes to protect their soles? He said its necessary if a dress shoe is worn twice a week or so, in my line of work I don't wear shoes at all, just when I dress up a bit and step out.

These days there are places that can put on whole new soles so no need for the taps or rubber, unless you are doing it for grip.

Unless you're walking miles upon miles on concrete daily, your sole will not wear quickly. None of my footwear have them.

This. I still haven't gotten to a point where I would need taps on my shoes. A pair from eBay I bought had them and they haven't worn any different than those without them.

I spent the better part of today chasing down some polos. I went to the local Barneys Co Op as normal. I saw they had the "Nas" polo in an XL on sale for $69. The hand felt good. Had them checked the nearest branch and they had a medium. Went there to cop the medium, it fits OK but a bit loose. They had the red joint in a small, tried that on and the fit was better so I went with that. Ended up driving 60 miles to another location to pick up a small in the navy one :lol:

For those in SoCal, visit South Coast Plaza and people watch...it's like going to a mall in Asia. Alpha dogs are out in full force with spiked loafers and clutches.

Tonight:

Pick up:

The sole of my first pair of nice shoes. I've worn this thing to lots of places and it doesn't even look close to needing to be resoled.

Last edited:
I spent the better part of today chasing down some polos. I went to the local Barneys Co Op as normal. I saw they had the "Nas" polo in an XL on sale for $69. The hand felt good. Had them checked the nearest branch and they had a medium. Went there to cop the medium, it fits OK but a bit loose. They had the red joint in a small, tried that on and the fit was better so I went with that. Ended up driving 60 miles to another location to pick up a small in the navy one :lol:

For those in SoCal, visit South Coast Plaza and people watch...it's like going to a mall in Asia. Alpha dogs are out in full force with spiked loafers and clutches.

Tonight:

Pick up:

The sole of my first pair of nice shoes. I've worn this thing to lots of places and it doesn't even look close to needing to be resoled.

Dahuhuhyah would be proud :smokin :lol:

Back
Top Bottom