Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Feb?

eb7f7849920c4b3211a2bd5aea0b3dea.gif

Sign up for email updates on the product page just in case they restock sooner. I got an email prob within hours of the last restock and was able to order my 2nd pair that way.

Got a job interview with Barneys tomorrow fellas, what should I wear?
I worked at Barney's for two years, I think I wore a brown pinstripe suit with a white shirt and orange tie(2006 lol)
There were people better dressed waiting to be interviewed but my enthusiasm and confidence got me the job, they had well over a thousand applicants and I was one of 80 hired to open the San Francisco store.
Stress that you feel you bring a fun environment for your co-workers to Excell in, that you work well with others and that you strive to reach goals. And that you feel the best thing to do when it's slow is to pick up the phone and call your customers...
10 years in the high-end retail biz that's what they want to hear

Last edited:

Got a job interview with Barneys tomorrow fellas, what should I wear?
I worked at Barney's for two years, I think I wore a brown pinstripe suit with a white shirt and orange tie(2006 lol)
There were people better dressed waiting to be interviewed but my enthusiasm and confidence got me the job, they had well over a thousand applicants and I was one of 80 hired to open the San Francisco store.
Stress that you feel you bring a fun environment for your co-workers to Excell in, that you work well with others and that you strive to reach goals. And that you feel the best thing to do when it's slow is to pick up the phone and call your customers...
All of this, as well as you being passionate about what and how Barneys comes to life from a retail and mind share prospective.. Passionate about product is a major key as well  

What @rodrigofresh said!
Talk about makes Barneys special, to the customer, to the industry, to you and to up and coming designers

Going in for suit measurements soon. Decided on a navy blue colored fabric.

What lining color would DB thread go with? I'm partial to contrasting colors and was leaning towards a palish pink. 

So my order from NR came in this morning so it ended up being a 6 day turnaround from order to door. My first pairs of these type boots and they are really comfy. I got one in size 13 (sand) and one in size 12 (black) cause I didn't know what one was right. Turns out a 12.5 would be perfect. I guess I've been getting dress shoes too big all along :lol:, I have a little bit more space in the ankle area on the 13 but not too bad and it's a little more comfortable around the mid foot area which is good cause I have a wide foot, but the 12 is doable as well, fine in both toe areas. The free Elwoods are nice too. All in all heck of a haul for $160. Will be ordering from them again.

Thanks man. I had my initial interview with HR then a 2nd interview right away with the manager for womens shoes. Essentially ill be a clerk, which they described as basically an assistant manager, handling emails and scheduling and all that for associates and products in the womens shoe section. I'll be mostly at the office doing that. Heard anything about the position?

Last edited:
This has probably been asked and answered before and I'll check it out in store, but if I wear a 10.5 in an AJI or AJIII, what size would I be in an Allen Edmonds Park Avenue? I'm hearing to go down about a half size.

Back
Top Bottom