Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Do any of you guys wear kicks any more?

How was the transition from paying $100+ for sneakers to $100+ for more dress type shoes?
Ill buy about 2 sneakers a year, maybe 3 if I see something I really like. Sneakers are depreciating assets, I have some ferragamos from 06 that still look great after a lot of wears, my Jordan 3s from a couple years ago are my beaters.

In short, I feel much better dropping a couple hundred on dress shoes, because I know I'll get the value for them.

That suit looks amazing wj4!

I usually stick to converse when I wear sneakers but I had a lot of walking to do today so I deciding to wear my NB. I was also inspired by Ksteezy's post on his lightwash denim to wear mine. Mine are levis 513s i got on sale for $20 a little while back.

Do any of you guys wear kicks any more?

How was the transition from paying $100+ for sneakers to $100+ for more dress type shoes?
Ill buy about 2 sneakers a year, maybe 3 if I see something I really like. Sneakers are depreciating assets, I have some ferragamos from 06 that still look great after a lot of wears, my Jordan 3s from a couple years ago are my beaters.

In short, I feel much better dropping a couple hundred on dress shoes, because I know I'll get the value for them.

As mentioned before...sneakers for me 5-6 days out of the week.

LOL at depreciating assets. Of course your 3's are going to depreciate if you wear them. I wear all my shoes and am not about that re-seller life, but everyone knows that a lot of sneakers nowadays are the opposite of depreciating assets.

That suit looks amazing wj4!

I usually stick to converse when I wear sneakers but I had a lot of walking to do today so I deciding to wear my NB. I was also inspired by Ksteezy's post on his lightwash denim to wear mine. Mine are levis 513s i got on sale for $20 a little while back.

:smile:

Glad to have inspired you to bring out that light washed denim bruh!

I'm not the type that frequent the bars/clubs on a regular basis. I do go out to fine restaurants when time permits. It's really funny especially when it's a group outing. Like I'll know 2 girls and there will be 10 other folks in there that I don't know. The last time I tried to 'tame' it down with a cardigan and a casual knit tie and I still stood out. Other guys showed up in hoodies and jeans. And this was a pretty ritzy place in Beverly Hills.

RE: breaking necks...I fully understand where that poster is coming from. I assume he's still in high school or early years in college. I've been on NT since I was a pre teen so I went through the stages. In HS, you need to have the newest kicks to be one of the cool kids. In college, if you had that limited SB Dunk, you walked around campus, and dudes would go up to you and say something like 'yoooo, where did you get them SBs?!" It was obviously a sign of acceptance and an invincible pat in the back. But as I got older, my taste matured.

Bottom line is you have to be comfortable and confidence in yourself in what you wear...you gotta dress for yourself. The way I dress is in line with how I want to carry myself as a well spoken, cultured, poised, and educated individual. I already know that every time I walk pass a HS and college kid, no doubt he's mentally clowning me on the murse. I know I would when I was that age. It is true that I don't break necks anymore, and I have no intention to. I do get compliments by females on how well I put the pieces together (referring to the colors choice and texture). Another girl struck a random conversation because of my Lanvin sneakers :lol: Those are just added incentives, but they should never be the sole reasons to dress up, otherwise it'd be like putting on a costume.

low key.

only time i get complimented on my sneakers is when im wearing those lanvin low top jawnz

sloots love da lanvin

srs

not sure if dressing better or not but I really like the sleek look of this shoe and for ten bucks it was a deal I couldn't pass.

Got a tiny pasta stain in one of my favorite ties, (Fettucine Alfredo/Oil)... will do what I can...

Unfortunately...

RIP solid navy tie...

That being said, I need a Lands End Sale/Coupon to drop like yesterday.

Last edited:
Scanned a picture from back in the 11th grade. This was around 2001 or 2002.

Epaulet is having a contest of before and after so I'm saving the good pics for that...or bad should I say :lol:

lol nice pic wisith

GUYS I NEED HELP

I NEED TO COP THOSE CLEAR PLASTIC SHOEBOXES.

JUST NEED A COUPLE. MAINLY FOR MY DMP XI AND TAN YEEZYS.

WHERE TO COP???????????

PLEASE HELP

STAY SAFE

Last edited:
I don't even want to look for my old pics. I was 5'8 110 in high school and I was wearing XL shirts/Large in Ecko. I weigh 165 now and a small Ecko fits like a parachute on me (tried it on at the mall a few weeks ago just for laughs, didn't know the stores still sold it :lol:) so I can imagine how bad it was back then :lol:

Last edited:
Here is a throwback of me from 05 in Guam. Gotta guess which is me though.

We look like damn fools.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom