Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^
My j.crew store sucks for some reason. It's in a nice mall too. They never have anything worth buying. Haven't bought anything from the brand in almost 2 years.

Haha, Serg came through with the high school prom pose :smile:

RE: Shoulders being too wide on So Much Sole, yes they are too wide. Even though historically sports coats have been cut slightly more generous to accompany layering, but shoulders still not protrude out. Welcome to the thread nonetheless though!

Haha, Serg came through with the high school prom pose :smile:
RE: Shoulders being too wide on So Much Sole, yes they are too wide. Even though historically sports coats have been cut slightly more generous to accompany layering, but shoulders still not protrude out. Welcome to the thread nonetheless though!

Lol in my defense it's a cropped image of a family pic, just not sure how cool wifey would be with posting everyone else lol.

nye

Appreciate All The Feedback Fella's...... I Must Admit, The Fit Of The Coat Isn't Ideal, More So In The Shoulders Than Anything..... The Sleeve Length Definitely Isn't Too Long In Person, Although I Can See How One Would Think That With The Camera Angle And Lay Of The Piece In My Photo :wink: Definitely Not Something I'd Be Able To Wear Without Layering Underneath It. Been Wanting To Have The Coat Worked On But Wasn't Really Sure If Anything Could Be Done To Improve The Fit......

Maybe Some Of You Guys Can Chime In On That :nerd:

None The Less, Appreciate The Insight :nthat:

Last edited:
Appreciate All The Feedback Fella's...... I Must Admit, The Fit Of The Coat Isn't Ideal, More So In The Shoulders Than Anything..... The Sleeve Length Definitely Isn't Too Long In Person, Although I Can See How One Would Think That With The Camera Angle And Lay Of The Piece In My Photo :wink: Definitely Not Something I'd Be Able To Wear Without Layering Underneath It. Been Wanting To Have The Coat Worked On But Wasn't Really Sure If Anything Could Be Done To Improve The Fit......

Maybe Some Of You Guys Can Chime In On That :nerd:

None The Less, Appreciate The Insight :nthat:
I'm sure you can get the coat worked on. But it might be cheaper to get one that fits better in the shoulders first.

I'm sure you can get the coat worked on. But it might be cheaper to get one that fits better in the shoulders first.

Completely agree with this. The sportscoat is really nice but the shoulders are too big and will cost you more than it's worth to get that fixed. If you can, exchange for a size or two smaller, the shoulders should be flush with your shoulders. The best way I can put it is that it shouldn't look like you have shoulder pads, the shoulder pads on the blazer should end where your shoulders naturally end. Getting this altered is probably one of the most expensive alterations if a tailor can do it and usually not worth the price.

Why? You can find Calvin Klein and others in places like TJMaxx and Marshall's. I would go here first to find a solid charcoal grey or navy suit. The cut will be more current and you can walk out with a nice shirt and tie as well.

Why? You can find Calvin Klein and others in places like TJMaxx and Marshall's. I would go here first to find a solid charcoal grey or navy suit. The cut will be more current and you can walk out with a nice shirt and tie as well.

Agreed and depending on color and budget I'd check out Macy's as they currently have one of their 3-day sales going on, was browsing and they have a couple between $100-200.

Just came in to say have a great and healthy new years everyone!

And also, I'll go ahead and say it but I hope the camo trend dies this year, or at least slow down. :D

Last edited:
Did everybody post their SS gifts? I remember someone saying they were going to wait for the 25th to open theirs. I'm curious....

And also, I'll go ahead and say it but I hope the camo trend dies this year, or at least slow down. :D

Never!!!!!!!!! LoL I love camo.

Happy New Years DB's brothers. Can't wait to see what the spring and 2013 brings for us.

Grizzly, did you every get that subscription of GQ I ordered for you?

Quik - Arrival should be this week. Talked to the receptionist at work. It was held in the beginning because we didn't fill out the customs forms. I've never shipped anything to Canada so that was my fault. But never fear it is on the way. 8)

Will post my Santa gift a bit later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom