Dressing Better Vol 2.0

GQs upgrades The Dream
Better but could have been much, much better.

The Dream still looks bad on the after pic.

Serg: pics don't work but you gotta work on the quality of the pics, man. I say this because I see the caption that states without flash even though I can't see the pics. Natural lighting is always better unless you want the flash to show 3M or other reflective attribute.

I'm saying this because your blog can be exponentially better with higher quality pics. Not to say you need to cop an slr or anything but just utilize what you have better, ie Adrian with his iPhone.

Last edited:
GQs upgrades The Dream
Better but could have been much, much better.

I agree that it could be better, especially with GQ doing the work. That's a transformation that most of us could do...use similar pieces to what he was wearing before but better fitting and more dressed up (tank top to shirt & tie). It's nothing mindblowing and I have that issue but TBH, I kinda skimmed through that piece so I didn't see what he's wearing in terms of designers or quality & price but most of that could be done for pretty cheap...although I wouldn't skimp on the jacket or shoes.

The good thing is that it shows you don't have to end up looking stuffy & lame to improve your style/wardrobe.
Serg: pics don't work but you gotta work on the quality of the pics, man. I say this because I see the caption that states without flash even though I can't see the pics. Natural lighting is always better unless you want the flash to show 3M or other reflective attribute.

I'm saying this because your blog can be exponentially better with higher quality pics. Not to say you need to cop an slr or anything but just utilize what you have better, ie Adrian with his iPhone.

Co-sign all dis.

Last edited:
The Dream still looks bad on the after pic.

This is all I like from the pic. Nicer slacks and dress shoes you have been much better. Hat could have been done away with but we all know Dream has a "Mars Attacks" shaped peanut.

So can someone comment on how slim JCrew slim fit shirts are these days?

Lots of printed shirts interest me but last i tried on an XS was a few years back and I could fit a family of 3 inside that shirt.

Might just grab one of these instead.

You may be disappointed with the quality. Not sure why but I have bad luck with Japanese brands. Uniqlo "dry" polos are the only shirts I am having any luck with.

Versace Collection makes a nice button up and can be had

Wis, you wear a size small in J.Crew's Slim Fit shirts? That's hard to believe!

I'm 5'10 145lb and I have to wear a medium. How broad are your shoulders and long are your arms?

I'm 5'10 145lb and I have to wear a medium. How broad are your shoulders and long are your arms?

crazy how everyone is different. I'm 5'10 165 and I wear a small in J.Crew's shirts and pretty much everything else as well. while mediums are perfect around the chest, the sleeves and overall length always kill me!

Last edited:

crazy how everyone is different. I'm 5'10 165 and I wear a small in J.Crew's shirts and pretty much everything else as well. while mediums are perfect around the chest, the sleeves and overall length always kill me!

That is pretty crazy.

I can wear a small if it's regular fit, but slim fit it definitely gets very restrictive. Maybe it has to do with tolerance as well.

Also has to do with how your weight is distributed. There is no way I'm fitting into a slim small at jcrew. Shirt would probably rip at the shoulders like Bruce banner.

You may be disappointed with the quality. Not sure why but I have bad luck with Japanese brands. Uniqlo "dry" polos are the only shirts I am having any luck with.

Versace Collection makes a nice button up and can be had

Also has to do with how your weight is distributed. There is no way I'm fitting into a slim small at jcrew. Shirt would probably rip at the shoulders like Bruce banner.
Yeah. Most people who see me don't think I'm 160 lbs :lol:

Wis, you are definitely more brolic than I am, which isn't saying much because I'm pretty thin, so I was a bit surprised to hear you wear an S haha.

Hey NT I haven't logged in a loong time but I just got some Wingtip shoes http://www.shoes.com/ProductImages/shoes_iaec1297366.jpg And was wondering what to wear with them? I'm pretty sure jeans are acceptable but what after that? Thanks
Jeans, chinos, trousers, shorts. I've worn them all.

I like the jacket.

Are those overalls?
I think so. Dude is a Thai rapper. I'm gonna see if the mag is out in Thaitown tomorrow.

Edit: here's the shoot vid.

Today:

Last edited:
Scooped 4 ESF brooks bros dress shirts off eBay tonight for like 15 bucks a piece, good deal for me even if they're slightly used...they're in perfect shape :smokin

What do you guys think of a sweater like this? It's supposed to be 1/4 zip, not 1/2 since it is not really 1/2 as J. Crew described it:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/polostees/PRDOVR~10687/10687.jsp

This piece is a love/hate piece on SF. The older guys think it's a staple piece but the younger dudes think it's hideous. I used to think the latter as well, but now I sorta want one to wear over a dress shirt with tie. Random late night mumbling I guess :lol:

^^^ I've always liked them. And I've done that before(over a dress shirt with tie) no pic though :frown:

Back
Top Bottom