Feeling like you want to sell ALL your shoes?

I went through this a few times lol. Youll find as you get older your taste will change. Priorities change. But the shoes you truly love will stand the test of time and make it back in your possession. I look back at pics of my shoes on my hardrive and bought 90% of them for all the wrong reasons (impulse, cheap deal, hype). I'll warn you though, DO NOT entertain trades. Youll end up with more shoes than you started

I went through this a few times lol. Youll find as you get older your taste will change. Priorities change. But the shoes you truly love will stand the test of time and make it back in your possession. I look back at pics of my shoes on my hardrive and bought 90% of them for all the wrong reasons (impulse, cheap deal, hype). I'll warn you though, DO NOT entertain trades. Youll end up with more shoes than you started

I'm considering the same thing. I have about 60 pairs. Want to let half go, of which 25 I don't every wear and the other 5 I wear maybe three times out of the year. It's pointless to keep them around. Think about it like this. Imagine if you spent $3K on a television and just let it sit in the corner of the room in its box because you're too scared the screen will get black spots or something. Maybe not the best example because the price of a tv won't appreciate, but still.

Also, just think of 4 or 5 must have pairs for the year and get those. Ones you really want to wear. This year for me I have 3 must have pairs. The royal foams, Bordeauxs, and Concords. Don't even try and go in forums talking about them months before release. It's pointless. Dudes sweating a shoe for months, get it, let it sit for 8 months and by then they're repeating that cycle with something else. Think about that. It's just so dumb.

I'm considering the same thing. I have about 60 pairs. Want to let half go, of which 25 I don't every wear and the other 5 I wear maybe three times out of the year. It's pointless to keep them around. Think about it like this. Imagine if you spent $3K on a television and just let it sit in the corner of the room in its box because you're too scared the screen will get black spots or something. Maybe not the best example because the price of a tv won't appreciate, but still.

Also, just think of 4 or 5 must have pairs for the year and get those. Ones you really want to wear. This year for me I have 3 must have pairs. The royal foams, Bordeauxs, and Concords. Don't even try and go in forums talking about them months before release. It's pointless. Dudes sweating a shoe for months, get it, let it sit for 8 months and by then they're repeating that cycle with something else. Think about that. It's just so dumb.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

I just sold some of the pairs I don't wear a week or two ago. Made $700 in 24 hours.

I can't even remember what all I sold.

If you don't wear 'em, even if you think you love them, sell them. You'll forget about them soon enough.
This.

I did the same thing.  Sold some pairs i don't wear made 500 bucks in 2 weeks.  I never miss them because i never wore them anyway. 

Remove yourself from the game OP.  Don't visit the nike or jordan thread, stay in general.  You would be surprised at how little you care about shoes when no one is gasing them up 24-7.  AM90s and AM1s FTW.

Ps congrads on the engagement Fiance > Shoes.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

I just sold some of the pairs I don't wear a week or two ago. Made $700 in 24 hours.

I can't even remember what all I sold.

If you don't wear 'em, even if you think you love them, sell them. You'll forget about them soon enough.
This.

I did the same thing.  Sold some pairs i don't wear made 500 bucks in 2 weeks.  I never miss them because i never wore them anyway. 

Remove yourself from the game OP.  Don't visit the nike or jordan thread, stay in general.  You would be surprised at how little you care about shoes when no one is gasing them up 24-7.  AM90s and AM1s FTW.

Ps congrads on the engagement Fiance > Shoes.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I mainly want to sell my OGs but it's so hard to let them go. Whenever I mention it to my girl she hits me with a
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
combo .

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I mainly want to sell my OGs but it's so hard to let them go. Whenever I mention it to my girl she hits me with a
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
combo .

Sold them all, only regret one pair. green and pink un unkle bapes
30t6p3b.gif
I loved them bastards. Different priorities these days

Sold them all, only regret one pair. green and pink un unkle bapes
30t6p3b.gif
I loved them bastards. Different priorities these days

Been going thru this myself for like the last 3 weeks. I am another one of those made 800 in about 24 hrs stories (but I def let go of some nice stuff for nice prices). I still have too many kicks now but I'm trying to get it down to 50 or so by the end of the year. I know it hurts getting rid of some of these kicks but trust me my man it is worth it. My girl actually supports me getting rid of some of this stuff but she doesn't like the fire sales I've been doing over the last couple weeks.

OP I wish you lots of luck with your selling. I sell right here in the Buy/ Sell forum its cheap easy and FREE, if u have deadstock heat I would start here granted it won't garnish as much attention as ebay but shoes def still sell. Make sure you put ur phone number and email address in your listing. I have sold alot of shoes on here and I would bet that over 1/2 of them are to ppl that don't even have a SN on the boards.....

Been going thru this myself for like the last 3 weeks. I am another one of those made 800 in about 24 hrs stories (but I def let go of some nice stuff for nice prices). I still have too many kicks now but I'm trying to get it down to 50 or so by the end of the year. I know it hurts getting rid of some of these kicks but trust me my man it is worth it. My girl actually supports me getting rid of some of this stuff but she doesn't like the fire sales I've been doing over the last couple weeks.

OP I wish you lots of luck with your selling. I sell right here in the Buy/ Sell forum its cheap easy and FREE, if u have deadstock heat I would start here granted it won't garnish as much attention as ebay but shoes def still sell. Make sure you put ur phone number and email address in your listing. I have sold alot of shoes on here and I would bet that over 1/2 of them are to ppl that don't even have a SN on the boards.....

Sweet thanks all. I talked it over with my fiancee and she said basically "it's your choice hunny and if later you want them we can get em"..
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one on here expercing this.

LOL @ negative comments. Some people on this board do anything to try to bring other people down..

I have about 30 kicks that I will be sellin this weekend so be on the look out..

Sweet thanks all. I talked it over with my fiancee and she said basically "it's your choice hunny and if later you want them we can get em"..
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one on here expercing this.

LOL @ negative comments. Some people on this board do anything to try to bring other people down..

I have about 30 kicks that I will be sellin this weekend so be on the look out..

So a little bit over a year today.

After selling majority of my kicks...

I REGRET IT!!!!!!

SELLING MY KICKS WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER!!!! 
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

So a little bit over a year today.

After selling majority of my kicks...

I REGRET IT!!!!!!

SELLING MY KICKS WAS THE DUMBEST THING EVER!!!! 
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I saw my old sn and got spooked.

How many pairs did you let go of and how much did you make (if you don't mind me asking)?

laugh.gif

I saw my old sn and got spooked.

How many pairs did you let go of and how much did you make (if you don't mind me asking)?

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Happened to me before.

I sold off a good chunk of shoes. A few I regret selling, others I had no problem parting ways with. But boy, the money was good.

Some people can do this for life, others will call it quits eventually. In the end, only you know what's best for you.

I find myself wanting to sell a lot of em again. They can all be replaced.
this. sold some shoes during a tough time. only regret parting ways with a select few, and i enjoyed the money from the others. 

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Happened to me before.

I sold off a good chunk of shoes. A few I regret selling, others I had no problem parting ways with. But boy, the money was good.

Some people can do this for life, others will call it quits eventually. In the end, only you know what's best for you.

I find myself wanting to sell a lot of em again. They can all be replaced.
this. sold some shoes during a tough time. only regret parting ways with a select few, and i enjoyed the money from the others. 

Back
Top Bottom