Fetty Wap Street Cred?

So I was listening to his latest track, and during the 2nd verse he mentions he made his first million at 22 and bought his first Rari at 23.

But he didn't blow up (musically) until age 24-25. So is he one of the few rappers who actually lived the life he talks about in his music? (Jay-Z, Fat Joe, 50)

I was doing research on his other songs before Trap Queen blew up (like Jealous) and he mentions Balmain Jeans/Margiela shoes which are definitely not something you would know about if you aren't rich yourself, or run in those circles. Hell, I've been following the NikeTalk "High End Designer" thread for a couple years, and had never even heard of Robin's before, I assumed at first  he traded a pair of True IIIs, I didn't realize they were jeans 
laugh.gif

Also, in one of his interviews he mentioned the only place he ever worked at was Popeye's Chicken in the early 2010s but began trapping soon after that.

This is kind of interesting, because after Big Meech got popped back in 05' alot of people say it was OVER and you can't make wonderous amounts of money anymore, which is particularly interesting with Fetty being from such a small market (Paterson, NJ).

What do you guys think?

Man, every little dusty ***** be screaming about Balmain and Margiela's because it's the in thing. 99% probably aren't even pronouncing it right, wearing fakes or got scammer hookups and probably couldn't tell you thing 1 about Balmain or Margiela besides biker jeans and the designer sneakers, it don't mean these dudes are really running in some elite circles

:lol:
My Lil brother got balmain jeans and he makes $11 a hour b. U don't gotta be rich to buy that ****. U must live in a bubble. U can work minimum wage, have 0 responsibilities and buy that ****. AND news flash.... rappers lie... all the time... all of them... Santa isn't real.... wrestling is fake.

Last edited:
:lol:
My Lil brother got balmain jeans and he makes $11 a hour b. U don't gotta be rich to buy that ****. U must live in a bubble. U can work minimum wage, have 0 responsibilities and buy that ****. AND news flash.... rappers lie... all the time... all of them... Santa isn't real.... wrestling is fake.

:lol: He also had a gem in this thread :

http://niketalk.com/t/639088/life-kinda-sucks/90#post_24490152

[quote name=]

We need to put together a group of 5-10 NT'ers to pool our money together, that's probably the only shot some of us will have at "living the life".

For example, say you're annual income is 30k, and you are currently rent an apartment at $800/mo.

If we've had 10 NT'ers pooling their money, we could afford to pay a rent of say $4k a month for a luxury house/condo (like the kind you see in Rap Music videos), and to top it off each person would save $400 a month that they'd have been spending renting an apartment. The house would probably have only four actual bedrooms, but some NT'ers could take up residence in the Basement.

We could do the same thing with a luxury car too and have scheduled times to use it. It's well known that owning a luxury car improves ones dating life, and most problem threads on NT if they don't revolve around money, revolve around ones intimate relations, or lack of. With as much time as NT'ers spend trolling dating sites such as PlentyOfFish/OKCupid, I bet they could get much better reults if they could drive a Sportscar for just one hour a day. This may actulally be a better idea than the house, since most people only tend to use a car for 1-2 hours out of the day.

So I think this is a good idea that needs to happen[/quote]

Last edited:
:lol: He also had a gem in this thread :

http://niketalk.com/t/639088/life-kinda-sucks/90#post_24490152

[quote name=]

We need to put together a group of 5-10 NT'ers to pool our money together, that's probably the only shot some of us will have at "living the life".

For example, say you're annual income is 30k, and you are currently rent an apartment at $800/mo.

If we've had 10 NT'ers pooling their money, we could afford to pay a rent of say $4k a month for a luxury house/condo (like the kind you see in Rap Music videos), and to top it off each person would save $400 a month that they'd have been spending renting an apartment. The house would probably have only four actual bedrooms, but some NT'ers could take up residence in the Basement.

We could do the same thing with a luxury car too and have scheduled times to use it. It's well known that owning a luxury car improves ones dating life, and most problem threads on NT if they don't revolve around money, revolve around ones intimate relations, or lack of. With as much time as NT'ers spend trolling dating sites such as PlentyOfFish/OKCupid, I bet they could get much better reults if they could drive a Sportscar for just one hour a day. This may actulally be a better idea than the house, since most people only tend to use a car for 1-2 hours out of the day.

So I think this is a good idea that needs to happen
[/quote]

View media item 1823309

It seems to me him and Fetty Wap have the type of relationship Big Meech had with Young Jeezy? You can tell he's a bit old (I'd guess atleast 35) but he's very spry has the swagger of a much younger guy. This may sound a little bizarre, but my Mom is a Municipal Court Judge/former trial attorny and can usually tell right away if a guy has been to prison. Dude carries himself like he been a boss and ran things.

Back
Top Bottom