Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Someone should've told the shooter they just had a march against gun violence last week. At least this time a school resource officer stepped in and took action.

Again. I ask you guys... At what point do we ask why kids are doing this so often. Or is it the guns fault again.

I also hope the news doesn't make the shooter famous. Leave him as a nobody. Stop rewarding these crimes with infamy

Maybe kids are doing this so often because they have easier access to guns?

:rolleyes

Other places around the world have same or more stressful environments, but less access to firearms and less shootings. Coincidence?

Or would you rather blame video games?

Someone should've told the shooter they just had a march against gun violence last week. At least this time a school resource officer stepped in and took action.

Marching means nothing without some behind the scenes action involved. Be that cutting deals with politicians behind closed doors. Paying them off to pass some laws since they only respond to $$$. They could care less about some kids marching.

Again. I ask you guys... At what point do we ask why kids are doing this so often. Or is it the guns fault again.

I think the "why" has always been a question.

I don't think anyone spends as much on mental health than the US.

Plenty of other countries have high rates of gun ownership per capita that don't have a violence issue.

It's a culture issue IMO. We have a perfect storm qualities as a country that that lends itself to being more prone to violence.

• history and origins in violence and oppression
  • divided economically/racially/culturally/politically
  • unlimited access to technology, information, media, etc.
  • horrible work/life balance (leads to mental health, substance abuse, divorce, etc)
I guess I could go on and on, but I think it's just a unique set of characteristics we have as a people in this sh*thole of a country.

I also hope the news doesn't make the shooter famous. Leave him as a nobody. Stop rewarding these crimes with infamy

At some point we gon have to ask another question people never like to answer

Plenty of other countries have high rates of gun ownership per capita that don't have a violence issue.

It's a culture issue IMO. We have a perfect storm qualities as a country that that lends itself to being more prone to violence.

• horrible work/life balance (leads to mental health, substance abuse, divorce, etc)
I guess I could go on and on, but I think it's just a unique set of characteristics we have as a people in this sh*thole of a country.
Who are the plenty of countries that have high rates of ownership?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

It will never stop! All it takes a quick scan of youtube and witness all the 100k-1 million subscriber channels all nut hugging the seconds amendment. They are constantly given new firearms to test, with most of the popular channels given the same weapons.

NRA nor politicians in DC care about stupid marches or children dying in schools, it's been proven over and over.

LOL why do you pro gun guys act as if we can only solve one problem at a time? Yes there are other factors but that doesn’t mean we make a list a tackle the things one at a time

LOL why do you pro gun guys act as if we can only solve one problem at a time? Yes there are other factors but that doesn’t mean we make a list a tackle the things one at a time

Not sure if you're referring to me, but I'm 100% not pro gun. And I think everything from guns, to mental health, to the economy, to bullying, and so on and so forth should be examined.

I'm just trying to make sense of the bigger picture.

Well stated. I wanna know how this kid got a gun and which gun it was this time. I'm guessing a pistol.

And we definitely have a cultural issue. Just heard last night about a tragedy where a 9 year old boy got mad at his 13 year old sister because she wouldn't give him the controller to play a game. He went into his parents room, got their gun, and executed his own sister while mom was in the kitchen. Like wtf. Over a video game? Even as a child, how did he think this would play out? You think after killing your sister that your mother would LET you play a video game after?

I was even amazed the last time I was in a toys r us last year and saw what nerf guns looked like. They looked like orange and green ARs. Even had the same mechanics to em with charging handles and fake dust covers. EVEN had to be loaded like the real thing. I was incredibly upset seeing that this is what kids play with nowadays. So if a kid gets a nerf gun today they already know how to operate a real AR. Our culture is SICK

Maybe kids are doing this so often because they have easier access to guns?

:rolleyes

Other places around the world have same or more stressful environments, but less access to firearms and less shootings. Coincidence?

Or would you rather blame video games?

Guns are no easier to get today than they were ten years ago. So that's not it. Blaming video games is illogical because the entire world is playing the games they want to blame for AMERICA'S problems. That... And I'm an avid gamer. I'm just waiting for the rest of you to run out of excuses

(CNN)An armed student who shot two other students at Great Mills High School in Maryland on Tuesday morning has died, according to St. Mary's County Sheriff Tim Cameron.

The sheriff said the school resource officer engaged the shooter and ended the threat, which occurred in a hallway just before classes began. The officer fired a round at the shooter, who was armed with a handgun, and the shooter fired a round as well, Cameron said.

The gunman was later pronounced dead, and the officer was not injured, the sheriff said. A male student, 14, is in stable condition and a female student, 16, is in critical condition, he said.

It's the 17th school shooting in the United States since January 1.

Quick q

Since some people say that gun free zones shouldn’t exist since those are targets...

Should trumps speech venues be gun free zones? Why was the NRA meeting a few weeks ago a gun free zone? Hospitals should also be gun free zones too?

Reason he plead not guilty is probably because the two sides can't come to terms. DA probably wants the death penalty and won't accept anything less.

Back
Top Bottom