Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Seemed like this one had a sepcific target, a boy and a girl is dead along with the shooter whos a boy as well from what im reading on cnn.

Either way, smh

Seemed like this one had a sepcific target, a boy and a girl is dead along with the shooter whos a boy as well from what im reading on cnn.

Either way, smh

They killing over high school relationships now. Tf is going on? I notice this shooting is already falling to the wayside. Probably cuz it was a glock and not 10+ killed. Also... The resource officer stopped the threat immediately so it's a credit to the armed guards in schools debate. Crazy how slanted and politicized school shootings can be

Five minutes before her close friend Lynda Cruz died last November, Rocxanne Deschamps stood by her hospital bed and promised to take care of Ms. Cruz’s two boys, who were also there to say their goodbyes. Then she moved the brothers into the mobile home park where she was living in South Florida.

One of them, Nikolas Cruz, would be out of the home in less than a month. Ms. Deschamps said on Tuesday that she had called 911 on him three times — once after finding a receipt for a gun and bullets in Mr. Cruz’s room, again after finding an empty gun box, and the third time after he punched holes in the wall and got into a fight with her son.

Finally, she gave Mr. Cruz an ultimatum: lose the guns, or leave the home. He chose the latter.

“I did everything I could to warn law enforcement about what could happen,” Ms. Deschamps, 42, said on Tuesday, the first public account she has given since the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., in which Mr. Cruz is accused of killing 17 people in one of the worst school shootings in American history.

“I wanted to protect not only my own children, but also anyone else who might be at risk of being harmed,” she said. “I also wanted to protect Nikolas from himself.”

The shooting on Feb. 14 touched off nationwide student protests calling for firearms restrictions, including marches planned on Saturday in Washington and other cities. It also has led to questions about whether the authorities missed opportunities to avert the massacre. Ms. Deschamps’s phone calls to 911 were just some of the calls and tips alerting law enforcement that Mr. Cruz, 19, was unstable and armed.

I appreciate the kids efforts but this government ain't gonna do s*^t about controlling guns. NRA too far up politicians azzholez, Rethuglicans don't want to lose votes in mid-terms, and those militia groups will look at it as an attack on their right to play G.I Joe out in the woods.

The turnout out was encouraging and a great start...what has policy makers nervous, is that a lot of these "kids" will be old enough to vote VERY soon.

I appreciate the kids efforts but this government ain't gonna do s*^t about controlling guns. NRA too far up politicians azzholez, Rethuglicans don't want to lose votes in mid-terms, and those militia groups will look at it as an attack on their right to play G.I Joe out in the woods.
Dont forget about all of us who would otherwise be labeled bleeding heart liberals who want LESS gun control....

me7g6tcl0sn01.png

like chris rock said if they made bullets $5,000 each it would make people reconsider pulling the trigger... less guns would probably be in the street just cuz of cost alone

I wonder why record gun violence in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, Oakland throughout the years never commanded this much media and celebrity attention? :emoji_thinking:

I'm glad the discussion is being had and hopefully sh*t changes, but unless the status quo and social structure is disrupted to create more parity across socioeconomic and racial lines, nothing will change sadly.

I wonder why record gun violence in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, Oakland throughout the years never commanded this much media and celebrity attention? :emoji_thinking:

I'm glad the discussion is being had and hopefully sh*t changes, but unless the status quo and social structure is disrupted to create more parity across socioeconomic and racial lines, nothing will change sadly.
I mean we have had major stop the violence rallies and marches in the past. It’s nothing new. And for the most part violent crimes in inner cities is down. Well except for Chicago.

I’m not disputing that white people doing it doesn’t get more attention. But it’s not as if it hasn’t been addressed in the past

like chris rock said if they made bullets $5,000 each it would make people reconsider pulling the trigger... less guns would probably be in the street just cuz of cost alone

Yeah but people also make their own bullets. Everyone would just start buying from those guys.

Lots of these kids are a year or two from voting. I'm really interested to see how the mid terms turn out. Not sure if Rubio is up but if he is re-elected this was all lip service.

Saw on the news that a school in I think pennsylvania are putting buckets of rocks in each classroom so students would have a chance to fight back against school shooters.

Saw on the news that a school in I think pennsylvania are putting buckets of rocks in each classroom so students would have a chance to fight back against school shooters.

Rocks vs bullets

End well this will not

Back
Top Bottom