Footlocker has to be the worse company to work for.

I had the same bs in high school when I worked @ Mcdonalds. I went to a catholic school the assistant manager thought I was a genius. She showed me all the responsibilities they had to do. Three months in she wanted me to train to be a manager. I wasn't interested, Like you guys said they try sucking you in. Told them I wasn't interested and they moved me from drive thru back to grill/trash duty. I got a under the table job for my buddy's aunt and gave them my 2 weeks lady told me don't bother. That was 9 years ago, I got a degree and a job and that lady is still assistant manager and her boss is some regional managers son who dropped out of high school.

I had the same bs in high school when I worked @ Mcdonalds. I went to a catholic school the assistant manager thought I was a genius. She showed me all the responsibilities they had to do. Three months in she wanted me to train to be a manager. I wasn't interested, Like you guys said they try sucking you in. Told them I wasn't interested and they moved me from drive thru back to grill/trash duty. I got a under the table job for my buddy's aunt and gave them my 2 weeks lady told me don't bother. That was 9 years ago, I got a degree and a job and that lady is still assistant manager and her boss is some regional managers son who dropped out of high school.

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

!**# for a job that's so bad, it sure as hell hard to get a position there down here...and grocery store's are no better...i'm just tired of retail altogether

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

How much does a store manager make at FL?? 15/HR??

Funny you should ask, I did the math and if they didn't over work the managers we would actually get paid pretty decent.
If I worked 40 like a regular job I would probably be taking home 18/hr.

But FTL wants its managers to work a minimum of 45 hours a week so that dropped it to around 16/hr

Then my district manager used to tell me that "To run your store at optimal levels a good manager needs to be in their store about 50 - 60 hours".....chop off roughly another 4 bucks off that average and I was looking at making about 12 bucks an hour because managers are all salary with no overtime

And don't get me started on their half assed overtime. I still don't understand it. 

But out of everything, how can such a "legendary" company which makes billions of dollars a year

1. Be so out of the loop as far as product selection

2. Be so cheap with their employees

Best thing about being a Foot locker employee is being an Ex-Foot Locker employee 

Funny you should ask, I did the math and if they didn't over work the managers we would actually get paid pretty decent.

But FTL wants its managers to work a minimum of 45 hours a week so that dropped it to around 16/hr

Then my district manager used to tell me that "To run your store at optimal levels a good manager needs to be in their store about 50 - 60 hours".....chop off roughly another 4 bucks off that average and I was looking at making about 12 bucks an hour because managers are all salary with no overtime

And don't get me started on their half assed overtime. I still don't understand it. 

But out of everything, how can such a "legendary" company which makes billions of dollars a year

Best thing about being a Foot locker employee is being an Ex-Foot Locker employee 

Originally Posted by BennyPowers

That's retail for ya...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by BennyPowers

That's retail for ya...
tired.gif

raidddeeeerssss geaaaarrrrrrrr

so i wake up , and i guess i had them all shook from my explosion on the DM and the Store manager , so i get transfered to lady footlocker.

a part of them wants them to fire me allready so i can go get fun employment and just move on .

raidddeeeerssss geaaaarrrrrrrr

so i wake up , and i guess i had them all shook from my explosion on the DM and the Store manager , so i get transfered to lady footlocker.

a part of them wants them to fire me allready so i can go get fun employment and just move on .

roll.gif
I like hearing Ced Ceballos' opinions on retail and attend school.  I work in retail, and his words always stick in my mind.  It blows my mind when they act like school is a sin.  I attend school on Thursday 8-2, and my former boss wanted me to do overnight.  So that's pretty much 4:00 PM Thursday-7:00AM Friday
indifferent.gif
.  Then he brought up how I lift weights and go to the gym, so my stamina should be at peak level 
laugh.gif
.  I refused to do it, my hours shrank, and I resigned. 

But retail in general sucks.  It's legal slavery  The customers I can stomach with no issue. 

roll.gif
I like hearing Ced Ceballos' opinions on retail and attend school.  I work in retail, and his words always stick in my mind.  It blows my mind when they act like school is a sin.  I attend school on Thursday 8-2, and my former boss wanted me to do overnight.  So that's pretty much 4:00 PM Thursday-7:00AM Friday
indifferent.gif
.  Then he brought up how I lift weights and go to the gym, so my stamina should be at peak level 
laugh.gif
.  I refused to do it, my hours shrank, and I resigned. 

But retail in general sucks.  It's legal slavery  The customers I can stomach with no issue. 

Back
Top Bottom