Game of Thrones prequel series: House of the Dragon

C CP1708 as you requested

Last three episodes of season 8

There were some baffling decisions made in those final three episodes I do not understand.

Might be me but I felt like Aryas character was past the list/cersei thing I did not understand why she had to go back to kings landing it felt like her decision to go north was putting that behind her and remembering the most important thing is her name and her family which is why I'm even more confused she decides to just leave west to be a adventurer that made no sense to me.

Jamie going back to protect Cersei was just flat out stupid to me and just undid his character arc I low-key never wanted to see him and Brienne get together cause it felt more impactful as a what could've been but never was but then for them to get together and he STILL go back for Cersei is just ridiculous. and then to watch Brienne cry over him as he rode off was just stupid no one wanna see Brienne like that.

They really made Tyrion look insanely stupid. I know he had been messing up recently but I could by it as the conflict between warring with his family and especially not wanting Jamie to die but they made him look so so so stupid and that really didn't feel far at all.

Speaking of looking stupid Jon did not feel like the same character at all that final stretch it felt like a NPC who was only programed to say " But she is our queen" "she is my queen" so many things he stood by for and said made no sense with everything he had gone through up till that point. His dialogue particularly in the finale was absurd when talking to Tyrion Jon has bene naive in the past but the way he was just defending Dany betrayed that characters experiences.

I feel like there is a story to tell that would make sense with Dany burning kings landing but this wasn't it this has to be where the time and racing to the finish line and everything just screwed them over. There was so much more meat on the bone with Jon being the rightful heir vs Dany that could've been another season done right.

The Bran thing is just weird just so weird like at that final meeting in the finale I thought ok of the people here I guess they gonna chose Sansa cause that kinda made sense but Bran??? why like idk man just like what?!

I do like that the north got to be independent but this another thing I felt like they left a lot of meat on the bone about. Why Sansa was so going so hard for that. You could tell the story more clearly with more time that despite what the stark family went through they were still able to avenge their father and accomplish what Robbs goal became in the north being independent again. I felt like they shouldve had Sansa just say that clearly to Jon so she could understand why she was so worried about Dany would easily blend with the remember you're a stark first Jon stuff. Speaking off why the hell did they off screen Sansa and Arya finding out the truth about Jon? that's a convo we absolutely needed to see.

Those last three episodes of season 8 felt like a betrayal for a few characters arcs over the story and rushed stuff that leaves you confused and annoyed. That was a horrible finale.

AND THEY DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME A SATISFYING CERSEI DEATH FOH

Overall series thoughts tho ive always been a journey more important than the end kinda guy that's what I remember most those last three episodes don't ruin the journey for me this was still a incredible experience id recommend to anyone.

If I was to rank each season
Season 1 really good
Season 2 great
Season 3 world class
season 4 world class
season 5 world class
season 6 world class
season 7 good with great moments
season 8 first half imo really good
season 8 second half bafflingly horrendous especially the finale in all the timelines doctor strange saw this is the timeline with the worst finale we could've got.

Most heartbreaking moment easily red wedding Robb being cut down before he had a chance to really fulfill his potential and learn still haunts me :smh:|l

Favorite scene still Tyrions trail that was a 11/10 :nthat:

Best battle scene was hard home that was horrifying and tense

Biggest come up goes to Gilly. From being continuously assaulted by her father in the north north to married to the new Lord Tarly and grand Maester. She won.

Bronn also one of the biggest come ups. From being a broke sell sword to lord of high garden, Lord paramount of the reach and master of coin yea he won :lol:

The most impressive feats in the series to me from the characters in no order

Stannis performance in the battle of blackwater. He a loser overall but man do I respect his game on the battle field tho bro wasn't about to sit back and let others do it he was gonna go out there and win it for himself.

Jon performance and surviving the battle of the bastards that was just nuts he was cutting dudes down like nothing and that part where he was being trampled and suffocating was wild :wow:

Brienne beating the hound a rare 1 v 1 and damn was it brutal legit could not tell who was gonna come out on top during it.

Bronn performance during Danys attack on the Lannisters leaving Highgarden. That man was cutting down Dothraki got off a shot on a dragon and pulled uff not one but two action man dives surviving dragon fire and saving Jamie

Jons fighting defending castle black. That was when he fully came into his own amazing fighting, leading and character growth.

And what might be the most impressive feat of all Gendrys marathon back to east watch. How the **** did he pull that off :lol: bruh set an olympic record in heavy *** clothes in -20 temp. Gendry low-key 6th man of the series he came off the bench late in the show but put up clutch performances with that run and making all them dragon glass weapons.Love that he is head of the Baratheon house now.

Honorary shoutout to Podrick performance in that brothel. Jon the king in the north Podrick the king in the sheets and we all know that's what matter most.

I love this show and now I'm here hoping GRRM finish the books and maybe we can get a GoT: Brotherhood (ifkyk) not gonna get my hopes up on that tho :lol:

Last edited:
Bruh Dany crashed out wtf?!

2p3dw0.jpg

Oh right it is

Tuff

6044d7f9bf48f5a9adb894476d16441b.gif

This is why wavycrocket wavycrocket feels this just is a soap opera. All these inbreds coming out looking like ralph lauren models. Where's the one with the speaking problem or the joint with one leg shorter than the other? The one born with his lung outside of his body? all these people have the same genes squared and squared again and still elite in the looks department. They made everyone too pretty to be realistic on this show. Only person that's looked bad this whole series was Viserys, but they rewarded him with the unlimited health code cheat

This is why wavycrocket wavycrocket feels this just is a soap opera. All these inbreds coming out looking like ralph lauren models. Where's the one with the speaking problem or the joint with one leg shorter than the other? The one born with his lung outside of his body? all these people have the same genes squared and squared again and still elite in the looks department. They made everyone too pretty to be realistic on this show. Only person that's looked bad this whole series was Viserys, but they rewarded him with the unlimited health code cheat

They got them Karl Lagerfeld genes :lol:

klagerfeld_v_25mar11_rex_b.jpg
bca1326d-4e92-4cd7-a075-ad670b7e0a4a-01_AFP_AFP_1DL9W1.jpeg

Just finished my first rewatch as well. A lot of "huh?" in the last few episodes, but still enjoyable overall.

Other than the characters we all hate, Brienne may be the one that bothers me more than anyone. I get the honor stuff, but got dam, chill.

I also forgot a lot of the twists, which made it more enjoyable. Like when Jon went north of the wall to get a dead guy and Little Finger was trying to manipulate Sansa, and everybody, I literally said out loud, "Sansa, you dumb b****!". She was pissing me off. Then when it turned and he was being charged/sentenced, I was like "oh, s***, that's right. Cut that ************'s throat!".

Also, that cut from Sam cutting off Jorah's grayscale into eating a meat pie is the most genius and disgusting transition I've ever seen in film. I was laughing and gagging at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom