Girlfriend Being Friends with Your Male Friends Ok?

Are you guys serious? I moved out here Freshman year and my bf was my best friend  as well as one of my first friends when I moved here. His friends were, and still are (even though we're not together anymore) some of my best friends. They called me all the time to hang out. They were all super respectful and not a single one ever made an attempt to try anything. They'd call us to see if we wanted to do something and if he was busy they'd just come to see me. One of his friends actually ended up being my best friend now.

My current bf doesn't care either. I always hang out with his friends. All my friends are dudes so any guy that dates me better get used to that. He always comes home and I'll have had his boys over to play video games or eat. (eat food, before NT jumps in w the innuend0
laugh.gif
)

Are you guys serious? I moved out here Freshman year and my bf was my best friend  as well as one of my first friends when I moved here. His friends were, and still are (even though we're not together anymore) some of my best friends. They called me all the time to hang out. They were all super respectful and not a single one ever made an attempt to try anything. They'd call us to see if we wanted to do something and if he was busy they'd just come to see me. One of his friends actually ended up being my best friend now.

My current bf doesn't care either. I always hang out with his friends. All my friends are dudes so any guy that dates me better get used to that. He always comes home and I'll have had his boys over to play video games or eat. (eat food, before NT jumps in w the innuend0
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

laugh.gif
)

This is a real test of a situation right here.

If I was dating a girl and this was the case, I'd reconsider the relationship.

Just too easy for %%$@ to go dead wrong without anything being "different" or "off".

Call me insecure, but if a chick is hanging out with all guys, it's a guarantee that at least one of them has smashed/is tryna smash. Not saying SHE's weak or a sleez, but let's be honest. In 2010 who ISN'T cheating on their spouse?

laugh.gif
)

Just too easy for %%$@ to go dead wrong without anything being "different" or "off".

Call me insecure, but if a chick is hanging out with all guys, it's a guarantee that at least one of them has smashed/is tryna smash. Not saying SHE's weak or a sleez, but let's be honest. In 2010 who ISN'T cheating on their spouse?

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I wouldnt mind...my boys would tell me if my girl was a @%%@% or anything crazy

Where can one acquire friends like these?
laugh.gif
THIS!

If she is hanging with your boys without you there, who is to say they don't have a friend there that is that dude.  The one that knows she has a bf and doesn't care.  I have 2 friends i would trust around my girl but i know if she approached 80% of my friends and was like "eff him i want you" they would fully oblige her request.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I wouldnt mind...my boys would tell me if my girl was a @%%@% or anything crazy

Where can one acquire friends like these?
laugh.gif
THIS!

If she is hanging with your boys without you there, who is to say they don't have a friend there that is that dude.  The one that knows she has a bf and doesn't care.  I have 2 friends i would trust around my girl but i know if she approached 80% of my friends and was like "eff him i want you" they would fully oblige her request.

i thought that was normal.  it is in my circle of friends.  the girlfriends in the group are good friends with a few of us.  i even text them occasionally.

i thought that was normal.  it is in my circle of friends.  the girlfriends in the group are good friends with a few of us.  i even text them occasionally.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

To the chicks on NT, have you ever been tried by your BF's friends like that?

Did you feel tempted to cheat or cross any boundaries?

any one that wants to cheat will do so whether its your friends or some random person...

no bfs friend has ever tried me...never any temptation but it was always understood i'm the gf so when this is over more than likely our 'friendship' is too...we can be cool when we see each other in public but i can't imagine hitting any of them up to chill

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

To the chicks on NT, have you ever been tried by your BF's friends like that?

Did you feel tempted to cheat or cross any boundaries?

any one that wants to cheat will do so whether its your friends or some random person...

no bfs friend has ever tried me...never any temptation but it was always understood i'm the gf so when this is over more than likely our 'friendship' is too...we can be cool when we see each other in public but i can't imagine hitting any of them up to chill

Only 1 female who Id consider a friend outside of my friendship with her man.

Other than that, I see absolutely no reason for either person to put themselves in that type of sitaution by befriending their partners friends.

Only 1 female who Id consider a friend outside of my friendship with her man.

Other than that, I see absolutely no reason for either person to put themselves in that type of sitaution by befriending their partners friends.

My boyfriend and I have lots of mutual friends and most of the guys I knew them before I even met my boyfriend. And after we were official even, then i pretty much stopped hanging out with the guys like that.  But as for the friends that my bf introduced to me after we went out, chilling with them never crossed my mind.  Not because they aren't cool but because its weird and its not like we would have anything to talk about. The only time I chilled with one of his friends was to shop for my bf's birthday present and I was already friends with this dude from before so I don't really think that counts.

My boyfriend and I have lots of mutual friends and most of the guys I knew them before I even met my boyfriend. And after we were official even, then i pretty much stopped hanging out with the guys like that.  But as for the friends that my bf introduced to me after we went out, chilling with them never crossed my mind.  Not because they aren't cool but because its weird and its not like we would have anything to talk about. The only time I chilled with one of his friends was to shop for my bf's birthday present and I was already friends with this dude from before so I don't really think that counts.

Bad idea. If you ever do anything wrong the best way a girl knows how to get back at you is through your friends.

Talbert

Bad idea. If you ever do anything wrong the best way a girl knows how to get back at you is through your friends.

Talbert

i think its cool. possibly even beneficial. you could get away with more if she knows your friends are chill.

her hanging out without me would be weird at first, but it would be even worse if she completely hated them and you had to constantly split time between her and them.

i trust my closest friends to the point where i know they wouldnt try to pull anything and they would step in if someone else tried too.

i think its cool. possibly even beneficial. you could get away with more if she knows your friends are chill.

her hanging out without me would be weird at first, but it would be even worse if she completely hated them and you had to constantly split time between her and them.

i trust my closest friends to the point where i know they wouldnt try to pull anything and they would step in if someone else tried too.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom