Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by imazing1201

LeGod do you know if those shoes are the same size? i know they are off of the OriGinal mold but the same size would help the comparison.

09 space jams are not as bad as everyone thinks. These are not my pics, but I also had both pairs and the differences were not enough for me to keep my 2000 pair.     

09's not as bad as everyone thinks eh?  Sorry I don't like my sneakers to look like the leaning tower of pisa.

And to those of you that don't realize the difference in quality, its either because you didn't own the original, or your lying to yourselves.  Don't get me wrong, JB did a great job on the Carmine VI's, grape V's and white black fire red V's but outside of that its pretty much been a mess.
How about you try untying them, and what does that have to do with quality anyway? Quality and craftsmanship are two separate things. Also if those are your pictures, why would you buy a shoe you thought was crappy and leaned funny? Now I'm not saying the quality was better, I just think it wasn't as terrible as everyone made it out to be.

not to mention I don't see the problem in this picture.
First off smart guy those 09 space jams are not mine.  Second the laces have NOTHING to do with the tilt of that shoe.  
laugh.gif
  Third, manufacturing has EVERYTHING to do with the quality of a shoe. Last  if you can't see the problem with the 09's in that picture from MJ023dan then maybe you need glasses.  Its obvious that the 09's are slanted to the right while the 2000 version is straight up and down.  Another issue with the newer Jordan XI's is the placement of the patent leather.  They use a fraction of the patent leather they once did on the toe box.  The decline in quality is a KNOWN issue.  Cheaper materials and poor craftsmanship are both QUALITY ISSUES.   

I'm not telling you I think the quality has gone down I KNOW the quality has gone down.  I've spoken to a few former employee's over the years that worked at Nike headquarters a long side a lot of the designers including Tinker.  Everything began to go down hill in the early 2000's (a time we still believe quality was good).  They don't care, its all about the bottom line and as long as people continue to support a poor quality product they will continue to make poor quality retro's.  If your happy with the quality of your shoes then more power to you, I on the other hand am not interested in the special shiny boxes with poor quality shoes in them.   Jordan brand can do right by a retro and we saw that with the carmines, but the majority of what they pump out is bad.

dont got a pic but if u owned cdp 5 u know how bad the toe box creases i wore mine 1 time looked like i foled them in half a placed a rubber band around

dont got a pic but if u owned cdp 5 u know how bad the toe box creases i wore mine 1 time looked like i foled them in half a placed a rubber band around

Originally Posted by jordan11s

Eh I don't think creasing is a mark against quality. That just happens when you actually wear your shoes (which is something a lot of people don't do unfortunately). That can also be easily prevented by just wearing some shoe trees.

Originally Posted by jordan11s

Eh I don't think creasing is a mark against quality. That just happens when you actually wear your shoes (which is something a lot of people don't do unfortunately). That can also be easily prevented by just wearing some shoe trees.

LeGod do you know if those shoes are the same size? i know they are off of the OriGinal mold but the same size would help the comparison.

09 space jams are not as bad as everyone thinks. These are not my pics, but I also had both pairs and the differences were not enough for me to keep my 2000 pair.     

09's not as bad as everyone thinks eh?  Sorry I don't like my sneakers to look like the leaning tower of pisa.
And to those of you that don't realize the difference in quality, its either because you didn't own the original, or your lying to yourselves.  Don't get me wrong, JB did a great job on the Carmine VI's, grape V's and white black fire red V's but outside of that its pretty much been a mess.
How about you try untying them, and what does that have to do with quality anyway? Quality and craftsmanship are two separate things. Also if those are your pictures, why would you buy a shoe you thought was crappy and leaned funny? Now I'm not saying the quality was better, I just think it wasn't as terrible as everyone made it out to be.

First off smart guy those 09 space jams are not mine.  Second the laces have NOTHING to do with the tilt of that shoe.  
laugh.gif
  Third, manufacturing has EVERYTHING to do with the quality of a shoe. Last  if you can't see the problem with the 09's in that picture from MJ023dan then maybe you need glasses.  Its obvious that the 09's are slanted to the right while the 2000 version is straight up and down.  Another issue with the newer Jordan XI's is the placement of the patent leather.  They use a fraction of the patent leather they once did on the toe box.  The decline in quality is a KNOWN issue.  Cheaper materials and poor craftsmanship are both QUALITY ISSUES.   

I'm not telling you I think the quality has gone down I KNOW the quality has gone down.  I've spoken to a few former employee's over the years that worked at Nike headquarters a long side a lot of the designers including Tinker.  Everything began to go down hill in the early 2000's (a time we still believe quality was good).  They don't care, its all about the bottom line and as long as people continue to support a poor quality product they will continue to make poor quality retro's.  If your happy with the quality of your shoes then more power to you, I on the other hand am not interested in the special shiny boxes with poor quality shoes in them.   Jordan brand can do right by a retro and we saw that with the carmines, but the majority of what they pump out is bad.
There's a reason I said IF those your pictures smart guy. I can't speak for anyone else, but I had both shoes at the exact same time and I'm telling you from my prospective they are not that bad. The patent leather cut on mine is fine, but I'm not arguing with you that quality is worse. I know it is, and I never said it wasn't. I just don't believe they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be and majority of the people who talk about them don't even have them so they shouldn't even speak on it in the first place. I do think they used cheap cheap material on the back of the shoe and I had to go a half size up on these for them to fit right. Other than that I have no complaint on these. Every shoe is going to be different and I guarantee you some of the 2000 retros lean different than others. My right shoe on the 09s leans a little to the left, while the left one is more center. You're over here posting pictures of factory laced shoes sitting on a bed where you can clearly see from the way the box is tilted that they are going to lean to the right. Why don't you explain to me how the right 2000 space jam is leaning straight and higher than the left shoe if the box is slightly tilted to the right? Every shoe has flaws and is slightly different from another pair.

laugh.gif

There's a reason I said IF those your pictures smart guy. I can't speak for anyone else, but I had both shoes at the exact same time and I'm telling you from my prospective they are not that bad. The patent leather cut on mine is fine, but I'm not arguing with you that quality is worse. I know it is, and I never said it wasn't. I just don't believe they are as bad as everyone makes them out to be and majority of the people who talk about them don't even have them so they shouldn't even speak on it in the first place. I do think they used cheap cheap material on the back of the shoe and I had to go a half size up on these for them to fit right. Other than that I have no complaint on these. Every shoe is going to be different and I guarantee you some of the 2000 retros lean different than others. My right shoe on the 09s leans a little to the left, while the left one is more center. You're over here posting pictures of factory laced shoes sitting on a bed where you can clearly see from the way the box is tilted that they are going to lean to the right. Why don't you explain to me how the right 2000 space jam is leaning straight and higher than the left shoe if the box is slightly tilted to the right? Every shoe has flaws and is slightly different from another pair.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm dissing 2000 retros in any way. 2000 retros are superior in every category, I'm just trying to make the point that every shoe has it's flaws, not just new ones. The only reason I sold my 2000 pair was because I needed the money and they were pretty yellow so I couldn't justify keeping it over my new pair. I sold them to my friend and plan on buying them back eventually though lol.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm dissing 2000 retros in any way. 2000 retros are superior in every category, I'm just trying to make the point that every shoe has it's flaws, not just new ones. The only reason I sold my 2000 pair was because I needed the money and they were pretty yellow so I couldn't justify keeping it over my new pair. I sold them to my friend and plan on buying them back eventually though lol.

like i said some of yall should apply at JB in the mailroom call all you do is pass along what someone else wrote

like i said some of yall should apply at JB in the mailroom call all you do is pass along what someone else wrote

like i said some of yall should apply at JB in the mailroom cuz all you do is pass along what someone else wrote

like i said some of yall should apply at JB in the mailroom cuz all you do is pass along what someone else wrote

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

Why would you ball in 1991 tech shoes anyway?
because that was your only choice back in 91

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

Because not everyone is gullible enough to buy into the hype of "new, state of the art technology" every time a company throws those terms out.  Just because companies create fancy new names for things, and claim them to be technological advancements, doesn't mean they ARE so.  I've played in a wide variety of original Jordans for over a decade, and have tried several newer, more "high tech" Nikes.  The difference is neglible as far as comfort and support.  If the retros had proper padding and shape like the originals, they'd STILL be more than adequate for playing in.

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Companies dont use the same materials they did 25 years ago, they use cheaper, more durable, more sustainable materials. FACT
Oh really?   Remember 50 or 60 years ago, when cars likethe Chevy Bel Air would have STEEL dashboards, interior door panels andbumpers?  Remember when a vacuum, or TV, or even the bathroom towelswould last you many, many years? For most commercial products, thedirect opposite of your statement is true.  Cheap plastics that are notnearly as durable are used in place of steel/metals, the grade ofrubber is declining, etc.  Durability is not the goal of mostcorporations today.  The idea now is to need to replace everything youown in much shorter time intervals so as to sell that much moreproduct, and be that much more profitable.  We have become a throw awaysociety, and the major companies are laughing all the way to the bankoff of it.  Ignorance of today's youth to history, like that displayedin your statement, is exactly why this is possible.  You're sittinghere, defending companies who are OPENLY f*cking you over instead ofbeing outraged and protesting.  People really need to get over theautomatic assumption that "newer is better", and wake up to what's happening in this country.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

Why would you ball in 1991 tech shoes anyway?
because that was your only choice back in 91

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

Because not everyone is gullible enough to buy into the hype of "new, state of the art technology" every time a company throws those terms out.  Just because companies create fancy new names for things, and claim them to be technological advancements, doesn't mean they ARE so.  I've played in a wide variety of original Jordans for over a decade, and have tried several newer, more "high tech" Nikes.  The difference is neglible as far as comfort and support.  If the retros had proper padding and shape like the originals, they'd STILL be more than adequate for playing in.

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

Companies dont use the same materials they did 25 years ago, they use cheaper, more durable, more sustainable materials. FACT
Oh really?   Remember 50 or 60 years ago, when cars likethe Chevy Bel Air would have STEEL dashboards, interior door panels andbumpers?  Remember when a vacuum, or TV, or even the bathroom towelswould last you many, many years? For most commercial products, thedirect opposite of your statement is true.  Cheap plastics that are notnearly as durable are used in place of steel/metals, the grade ofrubber is declining, etc.  Durability is not the goal of mostcorporations today.  The idea now is to need to replace everything youown in much shorter time intervals so as to sell that much moreproduct, and be that much more profitable.  We have become a throw awaysociety, and the major companies are laughing all the way to the bankoff of it.  Ignorance of today's youth to history, like that displayedin your statement, is exactly why this is possible.  You're sittinghere, defending companies who are OPENLY f*cking you over instead ofbeing outraged and protesting.  People really need to get over theautomatic assumption that "newer is better", and wake up to what's happening in this country.

I blame the hypebeasts.
laugh.gif

If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have to camp out, they wouldn't have to go away from making quality shoes, and we would still have Brand Jordan Magazine
laugh.gif

Times change and you shouldn't expect highest quality from mass produced shoes, if you notice the really low volume shoes like the premio line has UNBELIEVABLE materials. Buy companies like Lanvin, Common Projects, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, maybe even Christian Louboutin if you really want to. But all you should expect from high volume shoes is colorways and a general adherence to the old in terms of looks and materials. Not quality.

Times change and you shouldn't expect highest quality from mass produced shoes, if you notice the really low volume shoes like the premio line has UNBELIEVABLE materials. Buy companies like Lanvin, Common Projects, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, maybe even Christian Louboutin if you really want to. But all you should expect from high volume shoes is colorways and a general adherence to the old in terms of looks and materials. Not quality.

Originally Posted by Ak1ck54l1f3R

smh.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

smh.gif

Ak1ck54l1f3R is right... if all you guys do is complain about the quality of JB shoes, don't BUYT the shoes.

smh.gif

Ak1ck54l1f3R is right... if all you guys do is complain about the quality of JB shoes, don't BUYT the shoes.

Originally Posted by 23M45J9

smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom