Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

They have the best interest of themselves and the people that fund their campaigns, not the regular joe. And it's common knowledge that when u vote, all you're doing is voting for the lesser of two evils.

I'm confident that the GOP will win the next election and big business will be consoled for the last 8 years though they are still eatin off of this government

Exactly politicians have no interest in the regualr joe then they make this R vs D thing to throw us off.. We need to wake up and quit fighting

And insurance rates are NOT going up thats all a lie. Why would they even go up if millions of more people are joining dont make sense

mines did not go up

And also with new insurance reform if you dont use you rinsurance you will get a refund check for part of your premiums

when an individual feels like they are a part of a collective. they will protect/defend it at all costs. which makes the left vs right debate so laughable.

ny. i know the advantages or disadvantages in living here. i have 5 contingency plans set up in case something hits the fan. i also have stockpiled foods with the money i saved instead of spending it going on clubs and stuff. i was fine during hurricane sandy when everyone was moaning and crying
Crying laughing at this post. What a herb.

To all you dudes acting like Obama is the one being unreasonable. Do you really think that this is the last time Republicans will pull this ****?

This is the classic case of an angry baby momma.

The GOP (the baby momma) is putting the child (the American people) in the middle of a personal battle.

No matter what you do as a father (Obama), it's never enough because she feels some kind of way about you.

Let it go, boo.

Last edited:

i live with my mom, i dont live off da government...try again nimrod.

democrats delayed da law for corporations and interests groups already.

stop playing stupid obama and extend it to everyone else.
Does your mom get assistance?
I'm dead that someone STILL living at home with their mom over the age of 26 is using the "I did this on my own" logic
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
like what world is this?!
Someone should also tell him that rent stabilization qualifies as a type of Government assistance. End of the day yall waste a lot of time argunig with a kat whose age is greater than the square footage of his living quarters.
rent stabilization/rent control is NOT NYCHA, da **** is wrong wit you? why would you perpatuate a bold face lie like that just to look like you you

know

what you're talking about?

they are grandfathered agreements that DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE for current tenants, i could have a million in my account and still have my

apt because it has nothing to do with means or income.

so like i said, i live with my mother, i dont live off da government...ya can try again sounding stupid and ignorant of laws.

obamacare was delayed for corporations ALREADY, what excuse do these left wing turds have to not expand that delay for everyone else?

How cute a NT gif aimed at someone that doesn't go along with NT group-think... ... ... Sit yourself back down in the corner son and finish your Cheerios.

Same names preaching the same garbage in every thread... you wouldn't have this if you weren't given that so you owe it to society to do yada-yada-yada and party X does this but I'll ignore that the party Y, I support does, the exact same crap.

Facts are facts. This bill was a farce from the get go, the American public was lied to, it is going to cost more on paper than what was said which means in reality it is going to cost a lot more than was lied to, rise in rates are going to go up faster than ever. And then you got all the unions, and what not, that pretend to be social warriors like the fools in this thread; yet they all got waivers from the law- hmmm wonder why. The damn politicians who wrote it and approved it don't even want anything to do with Obamacare. Yet you social warriors don't give one flying F that every big bad corporation and political entity was given waivers, everyone except the tax-paying Americans. Hell, Pelosi and Co. even admitted that the whole purpose is to get America on a single-payer system.

The only people who have any clue in this thread are the ones that realize that the R's and the D's don't give a F about U.

I like this.

I'm dead that someone STILL living at home with their mom over the age of 26 is using the "I did this on my own" logic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: like what world is this?!
Someone should also tell him that rent stabilization qualifies as a type of Government assistance. End of the day yall waste a lot of time argunig with a kat whose age is greater than the square footage of his living quarters.

rent stabilization/rent control is NOT NYCHA, da **** is wrong wit you? why would you perpatuate a bold face lie like that just to look like you you

know

they are grandfathered agreements that DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE for current tenants, i could have a million in my account and still have my

so like i said, i live with my mother, i dont live off da government...ya can try again sounding stupid and ignorant of laws.

obamacare was delayed for corporations ALREADY, what excuse do these left wing turds have to not expand that delay for everyone else?

It's doesn't matter if it doesn't exist anymore. That doesn't change the definition of what it is/was. It is government legislation that provides economic assistance your mother.

Stop thinking entitlement is just cash from the government.

People can't afford to feed themselves---food stamps

People can't afford their apartments----rent control

The state and city can still pass legislation getting rid of your rental control. It is not exempt from retroactively being taken away. And the fact you brag about the tax break your landlord gets to make up for the rent they lose, even further proves the point, DA GOVERNMENT IS THE ONLY REASON YOU CAN AFFORD THAT APARTMENT.

Your family benefited from a piece of government legislation, but now you want other programs that help other low income people cut. **** like this is why people don't respect you B. You're way of thinking is ******g disgusting.

Last edited:

I'm dead that someone STILL living at home with their mom over the age of 26 is using the "I did this on my own" logic
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
like what world is this?!

know

It's doesn't matter if it doesn't exist anymore. That doesn't change the definition of what it is/was. It is government legislation that provides economic assistance your mother.

no its not, its grandfathered law that doesn't exist anymore that has nothing to do with means or income,

[h1]Supreme Court disappoints landlords, rejects rent-control challenge[/h1]

April 23, 2012|By David G. Savage

• [table][tr][td]
      [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
      Email
      [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][td]
      [table][tr][td]
      [table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]
      [/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]
      [/td][/tr][/table]
    •  
    •  

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a constitutional challenge to New York City’s famed rent-control ordinance, a post-World War II housing measure that limits the rents of more than a million apartments.

The court’s action is a setback for property-rights activists, who had hoped a more conservative court would protect landlords and a free market in rentals. For decades, critics have said rent-control laws deny property owners the right to fully profit from their investment.

pixel.gif

The justices, four of whom grew up in New York City, turned away an appeal from James and Jeanne Harmon, who own a five-story brownstone building on West 76th Street in Manhattan. The couple says they have no choice but to rent three apartments on the upper floors for less than half of their market value.

They also say that one of their tenants can pay a $1,500-a-month mortgage on a Long Island house because he pays only $951 a month to rent a unit in Harmon’s building.

In his appeal, James Harmon said the rent control law violated the 5th Amendment, which says “private property [shall not] be taken for public use without just compensation.”

"Contrary to the popular myth, the Rent Stabilization Law is not targeted to help the needy,” James Harmon wrote, representing himself in his appeal to the high court. "A person could make millions of dollars annually and still qualify for a rent-stabilized apartment. It is all about luck, a racket in which property owners and market rate tenants always lose.”

He also noted that the former chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), had four rent-stabilized apartments in the city. 

The rent-control ordinances were adopted as emergency housing measures after World War II. Harmon says the couple's building is also subject to the city’s historic preservation laws, so they cannot demolish it or change its character. Nor can they move out their long-time tenants, who pay below-market rates.

For decades, critics have urged the justices to strike down rent-control measures as unconstitutional, but they have refused.

In the 1920s, the court upheld city zoning laws as reasonable regulations of property, even though they could be costly to land owners. In the past, the court has said a “taking” of private property is usually limited to situations where the owner loses all use of his land.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/23/nation/la-na-nn-supreme-court-rent-control-20120423

do some homework before you assume things.

The damn politicians who wrote it and approved it don't even want anything to do with Obamacare.

Hmmm where did I read this before...

Oh yah those chain emails with memes like this...

View media item 598777
But wait is it the TRUTH?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/24/top-16-myths-about-health-care-law/

5. Congress is exempt from Obamacare. False.

Chain email, Jan. 6, 2013

Even a few sitting lawmakers have repeated this claim, but it’s not true. Congress is not exempt from Obamacare. Like everyone else, lawmakers are required to have health insurance. They’re also required to buy insurance through the marketplaces. The idea is to have lawmakers and their staff buy insurance the same way their uninsured constituents would so they understand what their constituents have to deal with. Most Americans who already get insurance through work are left alone under the law; members of Congress have insurance through work but are treated differently in this regard. Recently, a rule was added so that lawmakers’ could keep the traditional employer contribution to their coverage. But they weren’t exempt from requirements that other Americans face. We rated this claim False.

and now this...

And then you got all the unions, and what not, that pretend to be social warriors like the fools in this thread; yet they all got waivers from the law- hmmm wonder why.

:lol: Let me guess... you watched this commercial

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-dont-have-comply-obamacare-says-crossroads-/

Q: Has the Obama administration allowed corporations to "opt out" of the new health care law?
A: No. The government has granted more than 200 waivers, but these merely give companies a temporary delay before being required to improve the coverage of cheap, bare-bones plans they currently offer.

View media item 598784
Any MORE misinformation and fear mongering you want to post on here? I mean after all... Facts are facts!

Last edited:

I'm dead that someone STILL living at home with their mom over the age of 26 is using the "I did this on my own" logic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: like what world is this?!

know

no its not, its grandfathered law that doesn't exist anymore that has nothing to do with means or income,

[h1]Supreme Court disappoints landlords, rejects rent-control challenge[/h1]

April 23, 2012|By David G. Savage

• [TABLE]
      [TR]
      [td]

[TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD]

[/TD]
      [td]

[/td]

[td]

Email

[/td]

[TD]

[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[/td]

[td]

[TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD]

[TABLE]
      [TR]
      [TD]

[/TD]
      [td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[TD]

[/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[/TD]
      [TD] [/TD]
      [/TR]
      [/TABLE]

[/td]

[/TR]
      [/TABLE]

•  
    •  

•  

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a constitutional challenge to New York City’s famed rent-control ordinance, a post-World War II housing measure that limits the rents of more than a million apartments.
The court’s action is a setback for property-rights activists, who had hoped a more conservative court would protect landlords and a free market in rentals. For decades, critics have said rent-control laws deny property owners the right to fully profit from their investment.

pixel.gif

The justices, four of whom grew up in New York City, turned away an appeal from James and Jeanne Harmon, who own a five-story brownstone building on West 76th Street in Manhattan. The couple says they have no choice but to rent three apartments on the upper floors for less than half of their market value.
They also say that one of their tenants can pay a $1,500-a-month mortgage on a Long Island house because he pays only $951 a month to rent a unit in Harmon’s building.
In his appeal, James Harmon said the rent control law violated the 5th Amendment, which says “private property [shall not] be taken for public use without just compensation.”
"Contrary to the popular myth, the Rent Stabilization Law is not targeted to help the needy,” James Harmon wrote, representing himself in his appeal to the high court. "A person could make millions of dollars annually and still qualify for a rent-stabilized apartment. It is all about luck, a racket in which property owners and market rate tenants always lose.”
He also noted that the former chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), had four rent-stabilized apartments in the city. 
The rent-control ordinances were adopted as emergency housing measures after World War II. Harmon says the couple's building is also subject to the city’s historic preservation laws, so they cannot demolish it or change its character. Nor can they move out their long-time tenants, who pay below-market rates.
For decades, critics have urged the justices to strike down rent-control measures as unconstitutional, but they have refused.
In the 1920s, the court upheld city zoning laws as reasonable regulations of property, even though they could be costly to land owners. In the past, the court has said a “taking” of private property is usually limited to situations where the owner loses all use of his land.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr/23/nation/la-na-nn-supreme-court-rent-control-20120423

do some homework before you assume things.

Do some civics homework before you assume things.

The court said CURRENT laws are constitutional. I said that legislation can change (protip: a different branch of government makes legislation) that can repeal the laws. Then the court would have to decide where those are constitutional.

The damn politicians who wrote it and approved it don't even want anything to do with Obamacare.
Hmmm where did I read this before...

Oh yah those chain emails with memes like this...

But wait is it the TRUTH?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/24/top-16-myths-about-health-care-law/

5. Congress is exempt from Obamacare. False.

Chain email, Jan. 6, 2013

Even a few sitting lawmakers have repeated this claim, but it’s not true. Congress is not exempt from Obamacare. Like everyone else, lawmakers are required to have health insurance. They’re also required to buy insurance through the marketplaces. The idea is to have lawmakers and their staff buy insurance the same way their uninsured constituents would so they understand what their constituents have to deal with. Most Americans who already get insurance through work are left alone under the law; members of Congress have insurance through work but are treated differently in this regard. Recently, a rule was added so that lawmakers’ could keep the traditional employer contribution to their coverage. But they weren’t exempt from requirements that other Americans face. We rated this claim False.

and now this...
And then you got all the unions, and what not, that pretend to be social warriors like the fools in this thread; yet they all got waivers from the law- hmmm wonder why.
laugh.gif
Let me guess... you watched this commercial

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-dont-have-comply-obamacare-says-crossroads-/

Q: Has the Obama administration allowed corporations to "opt out" of the new health care law?
A: No. The government has granted more than 200 waivers, but these merely give companies a temporary delay before being required to improve the coverage of cheap, bare-bones plans they currently offer.

gee, i wonder what is congress asking for?
eyes.gif

I was trying to look for the info regarding why certain corporations are exempt, but it seems like the only reason was because some corporations insurance packages weren't covering enough or just had 'bare bone' coverage. Sounds much different from the nonsense you hear like "Obamacare is killing business"

To all you dudes acting like Obama is the one being unreasonable. Do you really think that this is the last time Republicans will pull this ****?

No it is not the last time the Republicans will do this. The angst between parties is high. Both of these parties have no interest in this country. Both serve the same masters and both will screw the average American over for the benefit of their own good.

On that note, will you admit that Obama IS being unreasonable and that the Left side of the table partakes in this as much as the right does? It's just that you associate with that side so your are immune/blind to it. And I am sure that when power positions swap as they always do, you will be just as outraged as those you are chastising when the roles are reversed... ... ... just how they like it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, PS4 > XBone :tongue:

This is the classic case of an angry baby momma.

The GOP (the baby momma) is putting the child (the American people) in the middle of a personal battle.

No matter what you do as a father (Obama), it's never enough because she feels some kind of way about you.

Let it go, boo.

To play devil's advocate.

What if the baby momma (GOP in your analogy) has the best interest of the child (the American people in your analogy) in mind. But the baby daddy, (Obama in your analogy) feels that because he is the man that what he says goes. It's not because he does the right thing, it is because it is the right thing because he is the man.

See how that works.

Except in this case it is more like reality...

Neither the mom or the father have the best interest of the child in mind, because if they did they would sit down and work out a schedule for the child with concern over what is best for the development and growth of this child. Both would rather be right than put the child before themselves. Then the child grows up resenting both parents because of their selfish actions.

R's are screaming and making a stink like that baby momma and the D's have that arrogance that they do no wrong like the baby daddy (I do like how you use the correct term "father" in your statement- ISWYDT)

If you really think that the democrats and Obama have your interest at heart in this thing; then they have that emotional control over you that they intended. Who is funding Obama? The same big corporations that you NT warriors hate so much. Who is going to benefit the most from Obamacare? The insurance companies that made sweetheart deals with the Obama administration. Who is going to get screwed in this whole deal? Small business owners and the average American.

Last edited:
gee, i wonder what is congress asking for? :rolleyes

What do you mean asking for? Why this temporary delay?

Read it from the Horse's mouth

http://www.treasury.gov/connect/blo...-the-ACA-in-a-Careful-Thoughtful-Manner-.aspx

Obviously the dimwits at the White House didn't expect this much adversary and negative attacks... so obviously things like enforcing tax penalties on businesses are going to be delayed, and on hold until the general public gets a full grasp on the law. Is one year enough? Who knows... all everyone should do at this point is to take advantage of what they are offering while it's there.

So basically the government USSC upheld the right for people to live in rent controlled apts? Interesting, my sister lived in a rent controlled apt for years in Queens, but the building was bought and the land lord raised the rent so she had to bounce.

No it is not the last time the Republicans will do this. The angst between parties is high. Both of these parties have no interest in this country. Both serve the same masters and both will screw the average American over for the benefit of their own good.

On that note, will you admit that Obama IS being unreasonable and that the Left side of the table partakes in this as much as the right does? It's just that you associate with that side so your are immune/blind to it. And I am sure that when power positions swap as they always do, you will be just as outraged as those you are chastising when the roles are reversed... ... ... just how they like it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, PS4 > XBone :tongue:

Obama and the Dems are not being unreasonable. Not in this scenario.

EDIT: Da **** you just say B
View media item 598802

Real talk, we need a strong third party in this country. I'm getting tired of Democrats and Republicans. I used to side with Democrats heavy, but over the years I'm not really liking their policies either. 
Ultimately wouldn't matter, its all a money game at the end of the day. None of them as collection have our best interest in mind.

So...All civilians on my base just got furloughed.  The comissary is shutting down today.  If you don't work, you don't get paid.  Feel bad for some of these guys if they can't pay their rent/mortgage, and feed their families.

Last edited:
So basically the government USSC upheld the right for people to live in rent controlled apts? Interesting, my sister lived in a rent controlled apt for years in Queens, but the building was bought and the land lord raised the rent so she had to bounce.
your sister didn't know her rights...da lease is upheld regardless of who is da landlord.

your sister didn't know her rights...da lease is upheld regardless of who is da landlord.

Apparently not, but it still goes back to getting government protection/help. If the USSC would've sided with the landlords, you guys will have to move too, right?

I'm not the most politically conscious person in the world but I had a basic question.

This whole government shutdown is taking place because republicans don't feel they need to respect a law that has passed and been ruled constitution?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom