Help me find a car vol. 7,000 in cash

the problem with getting an 05 car is that it's most likely just out of warranty and most owners are trying to get rid of them before they gotta pay for that 100k maintenance. If I was looking I would either try to get something close to 5k or talk them down close to that price and save the rest for maintenance.

Either that or save up another 3k and buy something that's in that 10k range that's on the tail end of it's warranty or talk them down to around 8k and save the rest for maintenance.

Also since you're in ny you gotta think about snow tires, how is gonna perform driving through slush, if you're gonna be able to get it started when it's 20 outside ... are u gonna be able to consistently get parking ... people who can't parallel park hitting you're car etc ... not to mention which drive you actually handle driving in the winter ... with black ice, slush, light snow storms, other driver's ....Thinking about all that now it's prolly best you get a beater first ... at least for the first two winters

I don't understand why people think just because you live in NYC it doesn't make sense to have a car

Unless you live in Times Square, having a car seems smart to me

It's FREEZING in the morning when I leave for work, no way in hell I'm walking to a train station or waiting outside for a bus willingly

wait for the whip to heat up, proceed to the Dunkin Donuts drive thru, and coast to work :D:pimp:

As far a car .. I'd go with a Camry, it'll last you until you are ready to purchase your next car and even then it'll be drivable

Do you have any type of income?
Insurance for someone under 25 is gonna be quite expensive..
You're not gonna wanna hear this..but you should just get a beater car since you JUST got your license 9 months ago.
Buy an old civic/accord and just beat the hell outta it. You'll gain driving experience and you won't feel bad if you scratch/crash it.
Truth. 

with a 7k budget the Hondas/Toyotas in OPs price range will be the mid 2000s models both of which are known for expensive transmission failure and a slew of other issues.
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Camry/
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/
Nissans stay burning oil like fry-cook...
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/
now check out the reviews on this "domestic trash" :lol: ...
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Crown_Victoria/

Don't even bother Dank, dudes here are set in their ways and no matter what you say the majority here will say domestic is garbage. Regardless of evidence.

Your best choice is a Honda civic good MPG and insurance is low...you live in NYC most of the places you go the subway would be more logic to take why think it's so many folks on them now? Saves money from repairs from all that f*** driving ppl do...!  Might want a car cause it's the thing to do and you don't wanna be left out in the group but save your money brah!!!!
nthat.gif

Civic in NY?

Good luck, my cousins gonna have fun joy riding your joint and stripping it in Newark when they done.

dont by a car at 21 no matter how much you need it. you live in NYC b, stand in the rain, cold, and heat, its part of the experience.
save your money, live with your mom till your 30s and then and only then, maybe buy a car.
also invest in shoes.

I fully agree, except for the last sentence.

But if you must those are pretty good choices, maybe the Accord is a bit better. Especially regarding it's looks.

Cop that Crown Vic yet OP ?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
A Crown Vic? Seriously? The F outta here..I drove a Crown Vic in the rain and that shhh slides all over..them back wheels wouldnt stop spinnin..only good thing about a CV is that people think ur a cop so theyll switch lanes and get outta ur way

OP looks like hes set on gettin that Altima..notta bad choice tho..Nissans r usually reliable..

A Crown Vic? Seriously? The F outta here..I drove a Crown Vic in the rain and that shhh slides all over..them back wheels wouldnt stop spinnin..only good thing about a CV is that people think ur a cop so theyll switch lanes and get outta ur way

OP looks like hes set on gettin that Altima..notta bad choice tho..Nissans r usually reliable..

Ever care to look at your tires and see if they needed replacing?

It wasnt my car..and im sure the tires were fine..it takes alot of wear and tread off the tires over time for em to slide in minimal rain constantly like they were..regardless who wants to look like a cop or narc anyway drivin that whip?

It wasnt my car..and im sure the tires were fine..it takes alot of wear and tread off the tires over time for em to slide in minimal rain constantly like they were..regardless who wants to look like a cop or narc anyway drivin that whip?
RaisedHand.jpg

mercury-marauder-08.jpg

nthat.gif

Yeah I'm sure Ford engineered this car to slide all over the place in the rain even with good tires :rolleyes

When I'm not driving a Camaro I'm driving a Altima.

NT'ers dnt know much about cars OP, do with your first choice. Get an Altima, or Camry. With 7k you'll find a decent model.

Yeah I'm sure Ford engineered this car to slide all over the place in the rain even with good tires
eyes.gif
Enough said
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom