"Hip-Hop is white now" - Scarface

Sadly, his points are 1,000% valid. Like dude said earlier the shift is obvious. Substance is all but gone in hip-hop now days. And the dudes that start out with substance end up switching the style up after 1 or 2 albums. Stuff is sad man.

On a lighter note, Scarface Tha God
pimp.gif

but him saying "Hip-Hop is white" sound so offensive bro and I ain't even white. 

The game has been like that for a while, I know what you are talking about. Like for example The Lox, when they first came they were street/underground raw, and then when they signed with Diddy they were wearing shining suits and ish, how you going to blame white's for that when Diddy is telling them how to dress and ****, Diddy knows what sells and what doesn't. Dat is why he had Biggie Smalls doing R&Bish Rap music a lot of times.

K.Dot and J Cole get mad love, what the hell are you talking about lol? J Cole album was garbage doe, while K.Dot made classic-like album and is selling well. He is going to reach Platinum status before the summer.
[/quotes

K.l and j . Cole dont get alot of support on hip hop forums, I think both albums are solid in this era
But for real tho if you think diddy doesn't have puppets above him pulling strings then you are delusional
Rap music now is just glorified bs
I mean you got vanessa hudgens and chicks talkin about twerkin like its an accomplishment
Just as a black man I feel what he is saying that it just doesn't have that feel like when you heard "protect your neck" or "warning" or "hit'em up"
Maybe the white thing was harsh but even he said he wanted it to be gully af when he said it
I don't know but the era of the real mc is over and you either have to search for the artist you like and stop supporting trash

Last edited:
Macklemore being indy lol. He has a machine behind him. Keep gobbling up that independent stuff if you want. Wiz was signed to Atlantic while under the indy guise.

Macklemore being indy lol. He has a machine behind him. Keep gobbling up that independent stuff if you want. Wiz was signed to Atlantic while under the indy guise.
Exactly.

That indy **** isn't real.

Just like how this Logic kid been signed to Def Jam for like a year now but it's just coming out after he made the XXL list "on his own".

Did you see what happen to irv suge and a few others when they tried to put a distribution company ?

you mean the feds? as long as it isn't drug money they can make their own imprints. not sure how those dudes got knocked up like that.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Maclemore's corny self so I can't comment on him being indie or not, but there are still good indie labels out there like stones throw and rhymesayers. What we need more of is dope mc's collaborating with good indies a-la Freddie gangsta Gibbs and madlib (stones throw). Hell, even freeway and jake one on rhymesayers.

I don't know anything about Maclemore's corny self so I can't comment on him being indie or not, but there are still good indie labels out there like stones throw and rhymesayers. What we need more of is dope mc's collaborating with good indies a-la Freddie gangsta Gibbs and madlib (stones throw). Hell, even freeway and jake one on rhymesayers.

**** even stones throw is under a major.

people should look what Jay-Z did, he bought out his contract and owns his masters. plus he owns his own company. Scarface sounds bitter he didn't tackle the game like other rappers.

You never fail to say something incredibly stupid.
And isn't Time a rapper? So you think dudes are really gonna support you (Time aka Musical Excellence) when you disrespect OGs? Especially one that has always been respected for being true to his music? :smh:

Good luck homie.

As for the argument, I agree that the music has been watered down and made more "accessible". Not that hip hop has to be threatening to be good, but it once spoke for a culture and now it's mostly business.

Last edited:
people should look what Jay-Z did, he bought out his contract and owns his masters. plus he owns his own company. Scarface sounds bitter he didn't tackle the game like other rappers.
He was allowed to own his own masters ..

And they gave him all that after he broke away from Dame ..

So he really ain't buy ****.

Face wasn't talking about white rappers. He was talking about the white people who control the labels and determine what's "hot". What he was saying is these label executives are basically telling people what to like yet they're completely detached from the culture. You have a generation of hip-hop listeners who don't think for themselves and make their own decisions on what they like. They're being force fed by labels and that's why so much bull crap is on the radio.

Whether you like them or not Cole and KL are the outliers in this generation of music because they're not following the "hot music outline" and still gaining commercial success.

And why do y'all insist on commenting knowing damn well you ain't watch the video, or even half the video. You took the title and ran with it which is why y'all think he was talking about white rappers or white consumers..

Last edited:
Scarface is def talking about The suits who run this **** are the ones who isn't allowing diversity of hip hop shine ..

Same songs .. Same images.. Same beats ..

But ****** wanna be famous so bad they fall into that trap eyes wide open ..

This statement is dumb as hell when the biggest white rappers right now are independent (Mac Miller and Macklemore), the "suits" don't have anything to do with their success. And the biggest (sales, popularity) rappers in general right now are Drake, Kendrick, Ross, Future and Rocky, all of which are making the music THEY want to make, all are making very diverse music (with the exception of Ross, that trap **** gets repetitive) and are not "pop" rappers/are not compromising their art to fit a label's projections of what will sell.

Labels don't have an evil agenda, they are trying to feed their families. If conscious rap sold, conscious rap would be shoved down our throats. They could care less about who is black, white, purple, green or even what they are rapping about. Whatever is the most organically popular is what labels try to imitate and push.

Also, you can't complain about the state of rap when you don't buy albums that show a label that an artist or certain type of music would be profitable. If your favorite artist isn't popular it's probably because you and a few other in the minority are the only ones that like him. Nobody's being blackballed

Last edited:
Niketalk says it's all "entertainment" now.

Scarface says it's "white" now.

The same underlying issues are permeating through both......
You implying that the glorification of drugs (Ross and 'it's only entertainment') is the fault of white execs?

That stuff sells because that's what dudes wanna hear.

Last edited:
Who are you talking to?  notice I didn't say music, or white artists

i'm talking about all forms of black culture beyond just music

what he's saying can be applied almost anywhere where a particular culture is

controlled by outliers of that culture

Last edited:
You implying that the glorification of drugs (Ross and 'it's only entertainment') is the fault of white execs?

That stuff sells because that's what dudes wanna hear.
Very much so ..

The execs control what you listen too now ..

Radio playing the same damn song 2o times in a row for 20hrs

that **** ain't by demand , it's by design.

I wouldn't even trip if there was some diversity .. some balance

but there isn't.

If they wanted to make positive music at the forefront they could ..

Back
Top Bottom