How Do You Washington Wizards fans feel about Javelle McGee?

I feel like he has potential to be the second best center in the league a few years from now after D. Howard

Someone in the other McGee thread summed it up best when they said something like "He has Sportscenter Top 10 aspirations with Not Top 10 results" 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Someone in the other McGee thread summed it up best when they said something like "He has Sportscenter Top 10 aspirations with Not Top 10 results" 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some very good points in here.  But everyone keeps saying potential....that potential better turn into something.  If i were Flip i would post him up on offense but tell him to never shoot the ball.  You needs to be within the "charge circle" to shoot aka dunk.  But if i watch him fuddle with the ball try a crap up and under move and lay it up from the high post 1 more time....

Keep Wall, Mcgee, Crawford, Young (he should be a spark off the bench type guy since he shoots a lot but can score), keep saraphin and booker (good energy guys) and owens looks like he may have a chance at helping.  But please got cut Blatche .  I hate that fat lazy tool.  Plays 0 defense, has the verticle leap equivalent to Dirk Nowitzski and fights our players at the club. 

Some very good points in here.  But everyone keeps saying potential....that potential better turn into something.  If i were Flip i would post him up on offense but tell him to never shoot the ball.  You needs to be within the "charge circle" to shoot aka dunk.  But if i watch him fuddle with the ball try a crap up and under move and lay it up from the high post 1 more time....

Keep Wall, Mcgee, Crawford, Young (he should be a spark off the bench type guy since he shoots a lot but can score), keep saraphin and booker (good energy guys) and owens looks like he may have a chance at helping.  But please got cut Blatche .  I hate that fat lazy tool.  Plays 0 defense, has the verticle leap equivalent to Dirk Nowitzski and fights our players at the club. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I don't follow the Wizards at all really. The only reason I even care about Blatche is that he is on my fantasy team to be honest. But to say his stats are garbage is funny. I can tell he is not an ideal player to build a team around, but end of the day, the Wizards are not good and he actually produces 17,8,2, 2, and 1. And he will be paid an average of only $7.5 million per season for the next four seasons during his prime years of 25-29.

Now if all the Wizards fans agree that the sole reason why the Wizards suck is because of dude then sure, get rid of him.
laugh.gif

His numbers are BASURA.  You have to look at it from more than a "fantasy" perspective my man....Look at his TS%.  He kills the flow of the offense and he's a cancer.  Says a lot that the Wizards tried to move him at the deadline but NOBODY would be willing to take him on their roster.  

I don't follow the Wizards at all really. The only reason I even care about Blatche is that he is on my fantasy team to be honest. But to say his stats are garbage is funny. I can tell he is not an ideal player to build a team around, but end of the day, the Wizards are not good and he actually produces 17,8,2, 2, and 1. And he will be paid an average of only $7.5 million per season for the next four seasons during his prime years of 25-29.

Now if all the Wizards fans agree that the sole reason why the Wizards suck is because of dude then sure, get rid of him.
laugh.gif

His numbers are BASURA.  You have to look at it from more than a "fantasy" perspective my man....Look at his TS%.  He kills the flow of the offense and he's a cancer.  Says a lot that the Wizards tried to move him at the deadline but NOBODY would be willing to take him on their roster.  

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

I like McGee, he has a lot of potential, I hope we keep him

plus he provides the
roll.gif
when we're losing (which is quite often)

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

I like McGee, he has a lot of potential, I hope we keep him

plus he provides the
roll.gif
when we're losing (which is quite often)

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Someone in the other McGee thread summed it up best when they said something like "He has Sportscenter Top 10 aspirations with Not Top 10 results
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
  dude nailed it.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Someone in the other McGee thread summed it up best when they said something like "He has Sportscenter Top 10 aspirations with Not Top 10 results
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
  dude nailed it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Well of course his numbers are "BASURA." The team is bad. Like I said, if everyone agrees that he is the sole reason why the Wizards are bad, then sure, get rid of dude. But you know it is not just him.

Players like McGee, Young, and now Crawford have been hyped throughout the season by Wizards fans. Too bad they play selfishly just like Blatche.

Why did you bring up TS% tho? Dude is far from efficient, but check his teammates' advanced stats. Wall is worse. Crawford is worse. Young and McGee are actually better. Same thing for win-shares for the season.   

They traded away a good character guy in Hinrich who would provide some locker room leadership too. But yeah, he is "BASURA."
laugh.gif

But back to my point, for an average of $7.5 million a year during his prime years, it is not that bad. It could be a lot worse. 

Well of course his numbers are "BASURA." The team is bad. Like I said, if everyone agrees that he is the sole reason why the Wizards are bad, then sure, get rid of dude. But you know it is not just him.

Players like McGee, Young, and now Crawford have been hyped throughout the season by Wizards fans. Too bad they play selfishly just like Blatche.

Why did you bring up TS% tho? Dude is far from efficient, but check his teammates' advanced stats. Wall is worse. Crawford is worse. Young and McGee are actually better. Same thing for win-shares for the season.   

They traded away a good character guy in Hinrich who would provide some locker room leadership too. But yeah, he is "BASURA."
laugh.gif

But back to my point, for an average of $7.5 million a year during his prime years, it is not that bad. It could be a lot worse. 

laugh.gif

Hinrich brought in 3 first round picks (Seraphin, Crawford, and 2011).  He was a pawn in the big picture.  But yea, the Wizards should have kept him around
grin.gif
  How's he working out in Atlanta? 

Anyways...Blatche is in his 6th year.  As far as the TS%, Wall and Crawford are ROOKIES.  You can see the upside with those two and they will get better...with Blatche, he puts up hollow stats when it doesn't count.  Big things were expected of him this season following his extension, and he proved to be the same ol' Blatche...lazy, out of shape, and NOT COMMITTED.  Honestly, I really think you're looking at this from a fantasy perspective.  I've watched the majority of the Wizards games this year, and he's absolutely terrible.  He's a 6th year pro who just doesn't "get it."  Like I said before, there's a reason why no one would trade for him at the deadline. 

laugh.gif

Hinrich brought in 3 first round picks (Seraphin, Crawford, and 2011).  He was a pawn in the big picture.  But yea, the Wizards should have kept him around
grin.gif

Anyways...Blatche is in his 6th year.  As far as the TS%, Wall and Crawford are ROOKIES.  You can see the upside with those two and they will get better...with Blatche, he puts up hollow stats when it doesn't count.  Big things were expected of him this season following his extension, and he proved to be the same ol' Blatche...lazy, out of shape, and NOT COMMITTED.  Honestly, I really think you're looking at this from a fantasy perspective.  I've watched the majority of the Wizards games this year, and he's absolutely terrible.  He's a 6th year pro who just doesn't "get it."  Like I said before, there's a reason why no one would trade for him at the deadline. 

laugh.gif

A team being bad has no bearing on his statistics. In fact, there's been plenty of players to put up much better numbers on bad teams than good ones. 

laugh.gif

A team being bad has no bearing on his statistics. In fact, there's been plenty of players to put up much better numbers on bad teams than good ones. 

grin.gif

The Hawks are better defensively in the PG position with Hinrich there now. Can't blame him for the Hawks' failure to grow as a team. Since you keep talking about the bad character guys like Blatche, I would think having a good vet in the locker room would be good. I guess you are content with Rashard Lewis and Josh Howard taking on those roles.
laugh.gif

Blatche is in his 6th year, yet he is only 24. He literally got 0 PT his first two years and deservedly so, because the Wizards were not bad back then. I already my point that he is not that bad considering he produces on a bad team for an ok contract during his prime years. Only a Wizards fan would expect big things out of a player that came off the bench because old man Jamison and Yi were taking PT over him. Signing a "big" contract does not mean much about expectations. Take a look at Amir Johnson on the Raptors. Same dude every year too. Do I have to ask again, is he the sole reason why the Wizards are bad?

Everyone can see the upside in Wall. But why Crawford? Nick Young has contributed more than him. Wait, cause he actually passes the ball? Brandon Jennings is in his second year and he still can't shoot a good %.  

grin.gif

The Hawks are better defensively in the PG position with Hinrich there now. Can't blame him for the Hawks' failure to grow as a team. Since you keep talking about the bad character guys like Blatche, I would think having a good vet in the locker room would be good. I guess you are content with Rashard Lewis and Josh Howard taking on those roles.
laugh.gif

Blatche is in his 6th year, yet he is only 24. He literally got 0 PT his first two years and deservedly so, because the Wizards were not bad back then. I already my point that he is not that bad considering he produces on a bad team for an ok contract during his prime years. Only a Wizards fan would expect big things out of a player that came off the bench because old man Jamison and Yi were taking PT over him. Signing a "big" contract does not mean much about expectations. Take a look at Amir Johnson on the Raptors. Same dude every year too. Do I have to ask again, is he the sole reason why the Wizards are bad?

Everyone can see the upside in Wall. But why Crawford? Nick Young has contributed more than him. Wait, cause he actually passes the ball? Brandon Jennings is in his second year and he still can't shoot a good %.  

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Obvious that is. But it seems like as told by Wizards fans that the reason why the Wizards are bad is mainly because of Blatche's production and only his production. Like if he gets traded the Wizards are winning again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Obvious that is. But it seems like as told by Wizards fans that the reason why the Wizards are bad is mainly because of Blatche's production and only his production. Like if he gets traded the Wizards are winning again.
laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Actually, Rashard Lewis has gotten high praise for the way he's conducted himself in DC.  He brings the same "leadership" as Kirk Hinrich.  Getting rid of Gil (and his baggage) for Shard and a shorter contract was an absolute steal. 

As far as Blatche, signing a "big" contract based off of putting up 20/10 for the final 25+ games of 2009-10 DOES bring huge expectations.  Not to mention he's in his 6th season.  EVERYONE expected more from the guy but got the same ol' "Party All Day Dray."  Expectations for Amir Johnson =/= what they were for Blatche.  Two totally different situations.  On top of it all, folks were laughing/scratching their heads at the deal he got.  I'm telling you bro...I follow this team.  It's easy to make an assumption based off of what you see in Yahoo fantasy, but there's much more to it "believing" he's producing for a bad team. 

Jordan Crawford is 3 years younger than Nick Young and is more versatile.  He has shown he can run the point in spot duty and is a tough matchup on the offensive end.  He'll get better with his shot selection as he matures, but he has totally made Young expendable.  Young is a RFA and is turning 26...what's his ceiling?  No one knows with Crawford, but for the most part people believe he has a much higher upside than Young.  On top of it all...take a look at some of the Hawks message boards.  They are absolutely PISSED at losing Crawford in that Hinrich deal. 

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Actually, Rashard Lewis has gotten high praise for the way he's conducted himself in DC.  He brings the same "leadership" as Kirk Hinrich.  Getting rid of Gil (and his baggage) for Shard and a shorter contract was an absolute steal. 

As far as Blatche, signing a "big" contract based off of putting up 20/10 for the final 25+ games of 2009-10 DOES bring huge expectations.  Not to mention he's in his 6th season.  EVERYONE expected more from the guy but got the same ol' "Party All Day Dray."  Expectations for Amir Johnson =/= what they were for Blatche.  Two totally different situations.  On top of it all, folks were laughing/scratching their heads at the deal he got.  I'm telling you bro...I follow this team.  It's easy to make an assumption based off of what you see in Yahoo fantasy, but there's much more to it "believing" he's producing for a bad team. 

Jordan Crawford is 3 years younger than Nick Young and is more versatile.  He has shown he can run the point in spot duty and is a tough matchup on the offensive end.  He'll get better with his shot selection as he matures, but he has totally made Young expendable.  Young is a RFA and is turning 26...what's his ceiling?  No one knows with Crawford, but for the most part people believe he has a much higher upside than Young.  On top of it all...take a look at some of the Hawks message boards.  They are absolutely PISSED at losing Crawford in that Hinrich deal. 

News to me that Lewis brings the same kind of leadership that Hinrich does. Too bad he brings half the intensity on the court. And I don't think the Wizards did anything wrong in getting rid of Arenas and trading Hinrich away.

Back to Blatche. He is only getting an average of $7.5 million for the next four years during his prime. For a guy that averaged 20/10, that is a pretty good deal. Last time I checked Z-Bo while on a bad team with 20/10 also netted him $17 million a year. You should actually root for dude to produce so another team might be dumb enough to trade for him. I don't want Blatche on the Kings anyways, but this much hate really sounds like he is the sole reason why the Wizards are bad.

The Hawks fans got bigger things to worry about than that Crawford trade. 

And of course Young is expendable. Ain't no one falling for that hype you Wizards fans started anyways.
laugh.gif

News to me that Lewis brings the same kind of leadership that Hinrich does. Too bad he brings half the intensity on the court. And I don't think the Wizards did anything wrong in getting rid of Arenas and trading Hinrich away.

Back to Blatche. He is only getting an average of $7.5 million for the next four years during his prime. For a guy that averaged 20/10, that is a pretty good deal. Last time I checked Z-Bo while on a bad team with 20/10 also netted him $17 million a year. You should actually root for dude to produce so another team might be dumb enough to trade for him. I don't want Blatche on the Kings anyways, but this much hate really sounds like he is the sole reason why the Wizards are bad.

The Hawks fans got bigger things to worry about than that Crawford trade. 

And of course Young is expendable. Ain't no one falling for that hype you Wizards fans started anyways.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom