How important is RELIGION in a Relationship?

Originally Posted by rickybadman

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It messed up one of my past relationships. I am an agnostic and my ex-girl is a semi-hardcore Christian (non denomination). I talked her into seeing Religulous, as soon as Maher starting going at Jesus, she walks out on the movie pissed at me. So to get her back I tell her I want to go to serivice with her, we sit in the front and as soon as the Pastor starts taking shots at the Catholic Church during his sermon ( something that happens on a weekly basis at a lot on non denominational churches in Maryland, and I was raised Catholic so I know what BS some of the stuff is) I get up, give the Pastor a dirty look at walk out of the church. I thought it was funny but her Dad refused to let me in the family van and I had to take the bus home. And while on the bus my girl texted me that we should break up and she will pray for me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

why would you do that? seems you had little respect for her...

I'm agnostic, I'd rather not date someone with a strong religious background. Not that it matters, husband isn't big on religion
laugh.gif

OH YEAH!

Serious question. What do non religious/spiritual/don't believe in God people say at their weddings and funerals?

I mean no disrespect but you don't really have anything but "best wishes". Is there anything else.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

OH YEAH!

Serious question. What do non religious/spiritual/don't believe in God people say at their weddings and funerals?

I mean no disrespect but you don't really have anything but "best wishes". Is there anything else.

laugh.gif
we had a religious ceremony for my family. Honestly? I barely remember the nuptials, it was blur. I dont care what they say at my funeral

hell no.i would not marry a women outside my religon

well im muslim and most muslims wont marry outside thier religon

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

hell no.i would not marry a women outside my religon

well im muslim and most muslims wont marry outside thier religon

spelling fail. and it's sad people let their religion dictate who they will spend the rest of their life with.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

OH YEAH!

laugh.gif
we had a religious ceremony for my family. Honestly? I barely remember the nuptials, it was blur. I dont care what they say at my funeral

OK. I always wondered. Like when my ex's cousin passed, I could say something like "hopefully she is going to a better place", but with atheistwhat is there to say?

OH YEAH!

laugh.gif

OK. I always wondered. Like when my ex's cousin passed, I could say something like "hopefully she is going to a better place", but with atheist what is there to say?

pour out a little liquor and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

OH YEAH!

laugh.gif

OK. I always wondered. Like when my ex's cousin passed, I could say something like "hopefully she is going to a better place", but with atheist what is there to say?

pour out a little liquor and keep it moving.
laugh.gif
That sucks.

"Alright lets keep it moving. He now ceases to exist". He just seems so incomplete.
laugh.gif

If I were a atheist on my death bed I would be thinking like "dang is this really it? Just XX/XXX years now its just over FOREVER. This blows."

I really doesnt matter.I would date outside my religion, I know plenty of married people that are different religions. I really wouldnt care what my familythought about it, because its my decision.

I think they reflect on the persons life and what they did and say "you'll be missed"

I forgot what show I was watching but I think they said that's the most important thing in a relationship or that most people get divorcd because of that.I forgot, but sumn along those lines. Those married with somebody with different views, what views to you teach your kids? Yours or your spouses?

For me it's important. I want to be married in the Temple. And only baptized members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who are in goodstanding and keeping the commandments can enter the Temple. If she's not any of those then unfortunately she won't be my wife.

Originally Posted by 49ers650

I think they reflect on the persons life and what they did and say "you'll be missed"
Oh yeah I figured that but D thats it? No "hopefully we'll see you in Heaven and we can chill again"? Sorry if anyone gets offendedbut that seems empty.
ohwell.gif

Oh yeah I figured that but D thats it? No "hopefully we'll see you in Heaven and we can chill again"? Sorry if anyone gets offended but that seems empty.
ohwell.gif
It does, doesn't it?
frown.gif

Oh yeah I figured that but D thats it? No "hopefully we'll see you in Heaven and we can chill again"? Sorry if anyone gets offended but that seems empty.
ohwell.gif

well, that's life. so let it go. not everybody believes in heaven/hell so what's the point of hoping somebody else gets into heaven if you, yourself,don't believe in it.

I'm not religious at all but my girl is Christian...of some sort. It's actually fun to debate certain topics because we do it respectfully and we learnfrom each other. What to raise the kids, if we got to that point? To be honest, I'd like to present them with the ability to have an open mind and decidefor themselves when they are of age...

ohwell.gif
why does something need to be said period?

Back
Top Bottom