How many of you are embarassed of your girlfriend?

It seems like some people think:

1) the OP is asking if there are people out there constantly embarrassed about their significant other or

2) if OP is asking if there are people out there who are embarrassed about certain things your significant other may do here and there along with some physical flaws.

If OP meant #1, I would say that is an unhealthy relationship if you're constantly embarrassed about your girlfriend as a whole. You shouldn't even be with them because having that embarrassing feeling whenever you're with them in public is overwhelming and ultimately makes you unhappy.

If OP meant #2, I could definitely side with that. I have a girlfriend of 7 years. She's a dance major at UMD, so she goes to class in tights, sweats, the works. As you can imagine, when I pick her up sometimes so we can grab lunch or go to the mall maybe, I'm not the proudest guy walking around with my lady dressed in bummy clothing while I'm cleanly dressed. This doesn't make me love her any less at all since I know what she's capable of in the dressing category and I didn't fall in love with her for those reasons anyway since they are materialistic. It still doesn't take away that I'm a wee bit embarrassed when we walk around together while she's dressed in her dance class clothes.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

My ex wasn't a dime or anything compared to NT's standards, she was far from ugly but not hot.

Anyway I always loved being in public with her, didn't mind. Just didn't like the PDA like when I brought her to the gym with me and would feel the need to run up and kiss me after a set. I'm not into PDA.

Yea PDA always comes off to me as "Look at me." or "Yall are trying too hard." Now I can admit that there are moments when it is probably legit but the first word of the acronym sums it up for the most part.

i agree, but question: do yall hold yall girl hand in public?

My ex wasn't a dime or anything compared to NT's standards, she was far from ugly but not hot.

Anyway I always loved being in public with her, didn't mind. Just didn't like the PDA like when I brought her to the gym with me and would feel the need to run up and kiss me after a set. I'm not into PDA.

Yea PDA always comes off to me as "Look at me." or "Yall are trying too hard." Now I can admit that there are moments when it is probably legit but the first word of the acronym sums it up for the most part.

i agree, but question: do yall hold yall girl hand in public?

Agreed.

But im generally a pretty private person anyways
ohwell.gif

Agreed.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Cragmatic wrote:

Agreed.

ohwell.gif

I didn't mind holding hands or anything like that. But kissing in front of everyone just annoyed me.

The other day at work I was helping out a couple probably in their mid 30's. Dude was going OD... right in front of me saying to his girl "I'm so happy I met you, you make my life so amazing." Dude I'm standing 2 feet away from you, wait til I'm gone please.

Originally Posted by Club29

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Cragmatic wrote:

Agreed.

ohwell.gif

I didn't mind holding hands or anything like that. But kissing in front of everyone just annoyed me.

The other day at work I was helping out a couple probably in their mid 30's. Dude was going OD... right in front of me saying to his girl "I'm so happy I met you, you make my life so amazing." Dude I'm standing 2 feet away from you, wait til I'm gone please.

^It's not just the leggings by themselves haha. Chicks can wear leggings, a nice top and boots. But after her classes, my lady is wearing tights, some long knee high tube socks, a saggy ripped top. I'm tellin you, if you were to imagine a chick coming out of a dance studio, that's what she got on. It's no biggie, but I get a little embarrassed when we're out at the mall and everybody else is looking proper.

^It's not just the leggings by themselves haha. Chicks can wear leggings, a nice top and boots. But after her classes, my lady is wearing tights, some long knee high tube socks, a saggy ripped top. I'm tellin you, if you were to imagine a chick coming out of a dance studio, that's what she got on. It's no biggie, but I get a little embarrassed when we're out at the mall and everybody else is looking proper.

If I'd were embarrassed of my gf, she would not be my gf if that makes any sense.

OP you spelled embarrassed wrong.

If I'd were embarrassed of my gf, she would not be my gf if that makes any sense.

OP you spelled embarrassed wrong.

If you meet the right girl that turns you on mentally and physical  PDA comes natural its like a impulse 

When i was with my ex and we use to be out i would look at her sometimes like dam 

And just start making out with her i didn't care about the people around 

it all dependents on the girl 

Sometimes you just do it but i do agree that some people do it for attention and to show off there relationship  

If you meet the right girl that turns you on mentally and physical  PDA comes natural its like a impulse 

When i was with my ex and we use to be out i would look at her sometimes like dam 

And just start making out with her i didn't care about the people around 

it all dependents on the girl 

Sometimes you just do it but i do agree that some people do it for attention and to show off there relationship  

Back
Top Bottom