HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

nike killing the huarache. literally.  need to slow down on them colourways.  they need to do a real sit down, come up with some quality c/ws with quality materials as oppose tp just coming up with as much different colour combos as they can.

I said it a couple months ago.. This will be the next Roshe Run. I agree a lot of these colorways are rushed and just flat out boring!

I said it a couple months ago.. This will be the next Roshe Run. I agree a lot of these colorways are rushed and just flat out boring!
Is the huarache that popular to be considered the next roshe tho? Maybe Im just underestimating its popularity and I agree that the new cws are pretty wack. I'm just waiting on some of the light cws to drop

Last edited:
It won't be the Roshe simply off price and design, the Roshe is 25% cheaper, has a big swoosh on the side and is really simplistic which means it will appeal to more people. Alot of people ask what kind of shoes I'm wearing when I have on my Huaraches because there's no swoosh plus once I tell them I guarantee they don't remember the name 
laugh.gif
 ...it is getting whored out like AF1s a few years ago. They're going the route of Foams where the releases went from far and in between to way too many at one time with terrible colorways.

Is the huarache that popular to be considered the next roshe tho? Maybe Im just underestimating its popularity and I agree that the new cws are pretty wack. I'm just waiting on some of the light cws to drop

Living in NYC. I see them more then ever now. Not on Roshes level.. But its getting there.

Here in London the hype has died down a little. They keep releasing like 2 pairs every week, so it's understandable that the novelty has worn off with some people. For me, I still love them and I like the fact that there are lots of cws to choose from. Sure some of them aren't that great but you don't have to buy every release.

What would you guys consider to be the next 'BIG' release for the Huarache? I would have to go with Paris & Berlin City Pack and Mowabb Huarache Light, I bet they will sell fast.

I live in a fairly conservative large town in South of England although with a large university campus and I see as many huaraches now as roshes. But to agree with the other posters Nike have way over done them in the UK. Schools are full of kids in triple blacks and high streets are full of uni students and fashion victims wearing all those BS new cws they sell in office. Yet the scream green OGs sit on shelves. Crazy. I still love the shoe but Nike are certainly doing what they did to the Roshe, although like with them I still wear my OG iguanas but would never wear all those other loud cws I see cluttering my streets with primark legging jeans!

Guess I'm too old for all that.

Living in Western Australia, the only people buying Huaraches so far are sneakerheads and fashionistas "in the know" or whatever :rolleyes. The average uni kid who cares about footwear buys either New Balances, Gel Lytes,Converse,Vans,Frees,Janoskis and to a lesser extent Roshes and airmaxes. Flyknits for example never gained much traction other than the occasional runner. I doubt Huaraches will gain much traction either as they seem to have been priced at around 160 aud at the mall sneaker stores that carry runners with only one store carrying one colourway. Average people set their limits at 100 aud and there isn't much to choose from like with most sneakers I suppose.

Last edited:
Atrocious colorways for the huarache this year, I think last year had some quality releases where as this year hey just going over board with horrible colors yet these got cancelled -_-

huarache lights have been nice though and it looks like they will continue to be nice!

Last edited:
I live in a fairly conservative large town in South of England although with a large university campus and I see as many huaraches now as roshes. But to agree with the other posters Nike have way over done them in the UK. Schools are full of kids in triple blacks and high streets are full of uni students and fashion victims wearing all those BS new cws they sell in office. Yet the scream green OGs sit on shelves. Crazy. I still love the shoe but Nike are certainly doing what they did to the Roshe, although like with them I still wear my OG iguanas but would never wear all those other loud cws I see cluttering my streets with primark legging jeans!

Guess I'm too old for all that.
They're not as prominent in the North as they are in the South that's for sure. The over infusion of CW's is air max one-esque from a year or two ago and as you say the roshe too. Flyknits are next up (in the UK), I predict an influx of Racers hitting the trend next year.

Last edited:
First time Huaraches for me. Can't decide. 

Gym Blue/Mango or Black HyperPunch? 

Blues goes with more stuff. But that hyperpunch is so sexy. thx

Last edited:

First time Huaraches for me. Can't decide. 

Gym Blue/Mango or Black HyperPunch? 

Blues goes with more stuff. But that hyperpunch is so sexy. thx
go with whatever your heart tells you son

Last edited:
Anyone know of any sites or places I can scoop up a pair of the Hero Blue/Wolf Greys? Copped a pair from Footlocker not too long ago but ended up selling them because they ran way too small, can't seem to find them anymore now...

*edit - found a pair, thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom