I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

ninjahood" url="/t/647412/how-many-people-here-are-racist-vol-hispanic-latino-culture/740_20#post_25620957 said:
This **** ain't rocket science. You can embrace being Hispanic and being black. It doesnt have to be one or the other. There's black Hispanics and there's white Hispanics. Hispanic is not a race. It's something that was made up. Ninja is cool for the most part but if he doesn't wanna embrace being a black man, cool. We don't need any self hating _'s on our side. From reading Ninja's post lately in here and in the political threads, he's a perfect example of somebody that has been brain washed by white surpremacy. It's no point in going back and forth with him. He's gone. :lol:

Nore has always waved his Puerto Rican flag and he also knows he's a black man.

That's because Noreaga is ½ Puerto Rican (his father who died) ½ black (his mother) by his own account.

Both my parents are full fledged Dominicans..there is no ½ latino anything with me.

You still missing the point. You and Nore are both black men. David Ortiz is a man. There are black Hispanics. And that's what you are. I get it, you don't want to accept it probably cuz of the history that comes with being black in America. You should probably do your research on black/African people before slavery and you would embrace being a black man. But you sound completely brain washed so it probably wouldn't help.

The thing is this, as I stated pages and pages back.

My father side originated from Irish ancestry, there's only 2% African ancestry paternally on (my father's side). My family has Shinnecocks blood here in New York, dating back to the 1800's (my family is part of the tribe).

Shinnecocks look close to Dominican in appearance, but they're Native American. My grandfather's blood makes us Native American by law here in New York.

My grandmother's maternal side (her mother) is strictly Cherokee and Caucasian. 

By law, I could call myself Native American. Legally I have rights, and historic land passed down from my grandmother's side. 

However, neither of my grandparents run around calling themselves "Native Americans". 

My grandmother doesn't run around screaming #TeamArrowhead or #TeamTomahawk ...in fact she doesn't really talk about race at all, and our land was given to us by slave owners, down south.

I'm literally one of the few darker children on my father's side, my dad looks like Superfly (Ron O' Neal)

...I say this to say, again their experiences black DNA made them naturally identify with the black community, regardless of how small it was. They married black people, gave birth to bi-racial kids who identify as black, naturally.

Literally if I posted family pics, my whole family looks Dominican and racial ambiguous...in fact they even get confused for Dominican some times.

But all in all, hybrids or not, we're black and love being black. We don't go out of our way to claim another culture other than black even when psychically and legally we have 100%

...that would be self-hate.

You still missing the point. You and Nore are both black men. David Ortiz is a man. There are black Hispanics. And that's what you are. I get it, you don't want to accept it probably cuz of the history that comes with being black in America. You should probably do your research on black/African people before slavery and you would embrace being a black man. But you sound completely brain washed so it probably wouldn't help.

This is really all it is. Meth touched upon it earlier. "Black" in 2016 still has a negative stigma attached to it. Which is why I asked him why do some Dominicans acknowledge that and others don't, but as usual he ignored the question. You can choose to self identify as a giraffe if you want to, but it's not going to change the reality of others and how you're treated because of how you look.

So NT Ina need ya to provide us Latinos with a color chart in which one goes from black to white so we Latinos as a whole can satisfy NT...this is getting out of hand.

Light skinned is so self explanatory.
one would think so.

the term black also seems self-explanatory but look at this thread.

i'm not setting myself up for NTextremes.

so yea I would like the person who asked me about it to explain the term for me.

Back
Top Bottom