I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

why is still no one talking about white supremacy? 
nerd.gif

Sammy Sosa bleached his skin and people stillllllll see him as an Afro-Latino. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Now that i think about it, this. A lot of Afro-latinos have stronger West African features than African Americans. Maybe those features were potentiated by Native Indians. Someone should do some research on it.

I'm surprised a pic of ninjahood hasnt been posted. Pointing out his black features.

Many of the Afro- Latino dudes who don't want to self-identify as black are the same ones that wear dreds, cornrows, Jordan's, and everything that black urbanites wear. it's the funniest ish. Lol

Last edited:
I legit have a
Now that i think about it, this. A lot of Afro-latinos have stronger West African features than African Americans. Maybe those features were potentiated by Native Indians. Someone should do some research on it.
I legit have Dominican homies who look like Mutombo, Luol Deng, and Akon.

Thread is outta control, I'm on my way to see my DR ladies this weekend matter fact.

[emoji]128517[/emoji] I want the mothers perspective. She like 56.

They don't look like African Dominicans all all I've seen pics of the Fam members from Miami.

She doesn't care that I'm black. Neither did my ex Colombian mom. What they did care about as only character.

Last edited:
What now?

Should ninjahood claim blackness over DR because of the lady in the elevator?

Doesn't  matter what he claims, he's African Latino, black, Dominican.

I just find a level of redundancy or something off about the term.

Like I wouldn't call you Afro Nigerian. I'd just call you Nigerian. Al the other stuff in my mind is already implied.
Yes is skin skin color is black, we can all see this.
Yours is black too, we all see this.

That's why in my mind it's just Dominican, Nigerian, Haitian.

This Afro this and Euro that is all just more labeling to me.
I don't **** with labels. I'm as pure as it gets and I love all humans.

Making the world a better place through denial :nthat:  The only reason you asked that is cause you don't think Haitians deserve the Latino label. You ain't fooling nobody:rofl:

You got me. You made my African, Spanish, Taino blood boil.

Call them as you wish. Never heard a Haitian refer to themself as Latino.

Dark skin anything is not a race. It's dark skin. Race is not real. Evolutionary trait passed down yes. But designating a race based on one evolutionary trait, compared to the millions of other evolutionary traits is what makes race a social construct.

People with red hair are not considered a race. Blue eyed people are not considered a race. Tall peopl, not a race. But dark skin? Yep, lets classify it

Yea we understand that race is s construct, but why are latinos like steezy calling other people what they say isn't real while rejecting it themselves?

Race is loosely based on physical features (skin color, hair texture, body/facial structure-keyword is loosely) plus continent of ancestral origin.... it isn't just skin color, otherwise many Indians would be considered "black".

Lol k

I'm not sure what we're getting at here.

Would you guys be content if Ninjahood acknowledged that he has african blood in his bloodline? Or do you guys just want him to explicitly say that he's a "black dominican"/ "black latino"?

If it's the latter option, do all latino's now need to be explicit about their ancesteral race, or does this only pertain to dark skin latinos, which is the vibe i'm getting from this thread.

Last edited:
I think he has the point of view as most latinos. We understand we have African roots, just as we have roots to Spaniards and the Natives. I don't identify as a black man or White man though. Not a light skinned black man or a dark skinned black man. I identify as Latino.
so are you saying you can identify as anything you want....?  
nerd.gif

I think he has the point of view as most latinos. We understand we have African roots, just as we have roots to Spaniards and the Natives. I don't identify as a black man or White man though. Not a light skinned black man or a dark skinned black man. I identify as Latino.
so are you saying you can identify as anything you want....?  :nerd:
Given the information he provided above, If you saw him on the street what would you identify him as? As per this this thread, your only options are white, black. Latino & hispanic are not options.

Last edited:
Lets keep it real though, you don't care about Haitians nearly as much as you care about rustlin Ninja and Steezys jimmies.

The Haitians that I've met have all considered themselves to be Haitians. I'm looking right at them, why do they need to tell me the color of their skin when telling me what they identify as?

Isn't this the end goal that we all want as a society?

Lets keep it real though, you don't care about Haitians nearly as much as you care about rustlin Ninja and Steezys jimmies.

The Haitians that I've met have all considered themselves to be Haitians. I'm looking right at them, why do they need to tell me the color of their skin when telling me what they identify as?

Isn't this the end goal that we all want as a society?
i know haitians that consider themselves hatian and black 

this must be an east coast thing where you can only choose one. 

One has the right to self identify as whatever they please but your self-identity may not be acknowledged by others in society.

Ya still with this? :smh:

Listen, every time im in harlem NO FAIL every black person i encounter can EASILY tell im Hispanic, you stand me next to a black person & da features are discernable. Its not JUST skin color...my mother used to own a Tire shop on 145th & Amsterdam..when you cross that invisible border that separates Harlem & Washington Heights on 155th street, da feeling of da blocks IMMEDIATELY changes..culture is a BIG DIVIDER.

Everybody's defense about what im look like is gonna be perceived different by other people... And i say to that "WHO EFFIN CARES"

You know Asians can tell each other part right? Japanese people can tell each other from Koreans, Chinese people can tell eachother Philippines people. Just because WE can't tell em apart dont mean THEY can't tell eachother apart. call a Chinese person Japanese... Call a Japanese person Korean....see what happens, hint..they'll correct you EVERY time.

Just cuz im dark skinned dont mean i have OBVIOUS Hispanic features...features that other people use to identify me as a Hispanic/latino..

NO BLACK person who has ever talked to me in person has EVER confused me for anything other than Hispanic/Spanish/latino...NOT ONE TIME in NYC..

credit to da fact that NYC is SO exposured to thousands of cultures daily that we can mutually coexisted and have so for years..as long as there MUTUAL RESPECT...its not my fault some of ya ain't been exposed to anything other than other white or black people.

Alot of ya just sound ignorant, and brazenly imposing your narrow little world view on me...which i find ironic because everyone here loves to project some kind of pseudo intellectual prowess and yet common sense and real world sensibilities is COMPLETELY non extinct.

Latinos/Hispanics dont take **** from no one, and we FIERCELY defend out heritage/culture, when someone tries to undermine that **** we take it PERSONALLY.

..This is why Ksteezy,diego, filthy, and others keep tellin ya to leave da **** alone, cuz this conversation became disrespectful to fello latino/Hispanics ALONG time ago. And if there's 1 thing latinos/Hispanic of all stripes dont take is us being under minded lightly at all...

50 cent said this about Fat Joe when he recorded "piggy bank"

"Before I put out my record, I knew Fat Joe would respond first,” 50 said of the song. “It’s pride, Latino pride. You can’t escape that."

We're FIERCELY prideful & defensive of our culture, thats why we DON'T assimilate, even da 4th & 5th generation Puerto Ricans..some who even lost da ability to speak Spanish will STILL claim latino/Hispanic over black or white. We seen da pitfalls of immigrants before lose what makes them who they are..thats NOT something we're trying to follow.

Da Census RECOGNIZED that MOST hispanics were choosing OTHER RACE over white & black cuz thats not who we see OURSELVES as so THEY UNDERSTOOD and made da appropriate changes.

What else needs to be talked about if da damn UNITED STATES government was sensitive to our community?

**** a dead issue.

They can choose 25 if they want. It's not for to me say, it's not my place.
NTers seem to believe it IS their place to tell someone else what to identify as.

Might as well walk around with your family tree in your pocket.
Make sure we cover all our bases.

It's just a whole bunch of talking around the main point. :lol:

Does Ninja consider himself a blacklatino or does he dismiss his black roots and just wants to embrace the latino side?

Then Diego and steezy jumping to his defense like people are saying he should deny being latino. No, nobody ever said that.

Back
Top Bottom