I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

And the worst part is while we're fighting about this, claiming not to want to toss away their culture, we just end up even more split up and less organized. Living down the hall from the 'other' people, from the 'other' place when we're all living in the same tiny box on the same struggling *** block in the same struggling *** neighborhood.
the engine of this oppressive system runs strong my friend.

racism is alive and well in the south. i heard a story when a friend of mine was driving through the back roads and was pulled over by some racists and they told her to keep driving and get out of here.
in the south. racism is everywhere. 

last year was walking down the streets of watts with my girl and  group of black dudes in a car calling me a (insert racial slur towards mexicans).  going to certain parts of orange county as a mexican just how you are looked at and treated

. those uncomfortable stares and looks are ridiculous. its why id rather stay where im the majority. even my own race is racist. i see how black people are treated where im at. have racist people in my own family. you would think being a minority you wouldnt be racist but that isnt the case. 

Last edited:
Like I said, it's part of their modus operandi of the powers that be to keep people like Ninjahood and KSteezy ignorant, because if people act like there isn't a problem nothing will be done to fix it.  There is hatred everywhere, I for one try not to sugar coat it. 

i agree. they have to realize when they step out of their comfort zones they will be subjected to categories. it happens everywhere. you have to the better person and acknowledge the differences and embrace it, instead of distancing yourself from the hate. inform the person you accept your background and meet halfway. but it seems like ksteezy and ninjahood want to recognize themselves as a certain group but can't grasp that it doesnt work that way throughout the world.

Steezy doesn't even understand the conversation:
The guy basically agrees with the prevailing thought in this thread, but is so stubborn and daft he has to go into his loudmouth ratchet routine.

i almost get a sense of i have 'black' friend so therefore i cannot be under the label of "anti-____"

I think there are two different things that happen in these threads.
Lot of you cats only look at it on the surface but you not seeing what's going on behind it.
I'm blazed right now and today I got time:

The parties arguing all seem to be in general aggreance with the topic at hand...thread gets discussed for 40 pages by said parties.

NH, Ksteezy, Rusty, Zik Anton, and a bunch of other regulars are discussing this **** and people are all saying the same **** but these characters always find a way to act like you disagreeing on something.
How is it that you dudes are always on different sides of every topic on NT?

Both parties are always saying the same thing but you all want to focus on different aspects of it and argue wit each other.
I know trolling and Anton trolls like a lil **** to get at those 2 cause he knows theyll always take the bait.

Ya cats don't like each other so you'll always argue about **** just for the sake of not liking each other.
That's why this thread is as long as it is.
Let's not fool ourselves as if it's more than that.

You can throw myself in that mix if you want.
Zik always jock me...

You guys have become the Dems and Republicans of NT.

Whatever you say famb

in the south. racism is everywhere. 

last year was walking down the streets of watts with my girl and  group of black dudes in a car calling me a *******.  going to certain parts of orange county as a mexican just how you are looked at and treated
. those uncomfortable stares and looks are ridiculous. its why id rather stay where im the majority. 

yeah man that train ride on the blue can be interesting. ive done it numerous times i always see it changing. i actually find it educating.

And the worst part is while we're fighting about this, claiming not to want to toss away their culture, we just end up even more split up and less organized. Living down the hall from the 'other' people, from the 'other' place when we're all living in the same tiny box on the same struggling *** block in the same struggling *** neighborhood.

the engine of this oppressive system runs strong my friend.
The **** genuinely makes me sad, man.:smh:

i feel like we should embrace our differences and realize how we are actually more similar. instead of distancing ourselves from each other because we all go through the same struggles. whether it be asian, black, white, latin etc. we all face racisim/bigotry

i feel like we should embrace our differences and realize how we are actually more similar. instead of distancing ourselves from each other because we all go through the same struggles. whether it be asian, black, white, latin etc. we all face racisim/bigotry
exactly. 

man even lots of my homies and family would tell me why am i kicking it with a black guy when i had started hanging out with a black dude who went on to become one of my best friends in the early 2000s.

i didnt pay them no mind. 

man my own brother is as ese , from one of those mexican gangs. hates black people but married a black girl. he says girls dont count when ive asked him how is he going to be racist when his kids are half black. he says girls dont count. people are ignorant man. 

Last edited:
I agree, and that's what I've learned over my life. I spent 5 years with a dark skinned black girl from Texas so I spent a lot of time with a Black family. I also spent 5 years with a Filipino girl and a lot of time with a Filipino family discussing culture and the one thing that strikes me most is how similar we are as people. Especially me growing up with a mostly Hispanic upbringing and my Filipino experiences. The cultures are ridiculously similar when you look at the little details.

Not everyone gets those experiences though, I suppose. It really is all the same.

That's always been my thing man. All of us our different, but we'd be surprised how similar we are as well. That's when it really gets interesting.

First year of college...one of my roommates was a Korean dude, who moved to NY as a teen...and was back and forth. At first, we ain't really click. But once we started hanging...that became one of my best friends in college. Dude tought me a lot, and I tought him a lot as well.

What tripped me out is how similar our cultures were past the surface level. Or how we had similar world views & upbringings while being very different...and a world apart at the same time.

Said this pages ago. Guess it wasn't the right time. :lol:

since I've entered my 30's, I've made it a point to turn inward and really inspect my own self-identity both as a filipino and an american.

and as a therapist, cultural curiosity has always been embedded in my interactions.

i want to learn as much as i can about each person i meet. i want to know cultures and travel. not merely as a visitor or a vulture of one's identity but rather to understand my human family a bit better.

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

since I've entered my 30's, I've made it a point to turn inward and really inspect my own self-identity both as a filipino and an american.

and as a therapist, cultural curiosity has always been embedded in my interactions.

i want to learn as much as i can about each person i meet. i want to know cultures and travel. not merely as a visitor or a vulture of one's identity but rather to understand my human family a bit better.
We need to smoke a blunt together bro.:lol:

Reactions: JPS
harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx

why the **** are you in here then?

i stopped reading my own thread, but people like you are the people i do not want to be associated with ever.

i can't stand racist, homophobia bigots

if youre one of them i feel bad for you, I'm out

Last edited:

i stopped reading my own thread, but people like you are the people i do not want to be associated with ever.
Who pissed in your cereal?

The gif was meant to be taken as a joke. I actually think this type of discussion is needed and I don't think you should have avoided creating this thread. It's an interesting discussion to have because I want to understand the other side.

I never have and never would be associated with you so I'm not sure what you're snapping at me about. Go troll somewhere else. Your act is tired.

Who pissed in your cereal?

The gif was meant to be taken as a joke. I actually think this type of discussion is needed and I don't think you should have avoided creating this thread. It's an interesting discussion to have because I want to understand the other side.

I never have and never would be associated with you so I'm not sure what you're snapping at me about. Go troll somewhere else. Your act is tired.

:lol: you're literally embracing love and differences the post above that. The **** is wrong with this dude.

Whatever you say famb

I don't think I've ever seen Diego this salty, this is a touchy subject, I'm glad it's making him uncomfortable.

This also happens to be one of my less busier weekends in a while.

To be real, it's all love on my end.
You a wild boy if you think you making me uncomfortable.

Maybe as a Euro Latino, I SHOULD be more invested in this topic than not.

I accept that racism exist amongst even the Hispanic culture. I accept that there are people from Latin America to Africa where black people are seen as less than Whites.

If ALL us here accept that, than what exactly are we arguing about?

Back
Top Bottom