I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Please don't bring West Indians into this.

First off, not all West Indians are the same, and even all black West Indians. Different island have different "cultures" and even within a tiny island you see ethnic and culture differences

There are creole folk, French, Dutch, some with heavy bloodlines from Syria or India.

But most got no problem identifying as black (some do, I'll admit). The thing is that they don't want to be strictly known as African American, that's what they have the problem with, that's label is what kinda dismisses their culture, not being called black.

They want folk to know that black people aren't just all the same, like America like to make it. They hold onto their culture my claiming West Indian, they usually have no problem wit repping black folk hard, and looking at African Americans as their "people" too.

You call the wrong light skinned dude not black on my island and you might have to see them wit da palmbs.

-And yes, their are black dudes from the island that come to Canada and the States, wanna feel special and rock with the "other" steez.

But if you let other Lucians know you doing this, they gonna light your *** up with jokes, hell your family gonna mock you.

First off, not all West Indians are the same, and even all black West Indians. Different island have different "cultures" and even within a tiny island you see ethnic and culture differences

There are creole folk, French, Dutch, some with heavy bloodlines from Syria or India.

But most got no problem identifying as black (some do, I'll admit). The thing is that they don't want to be strictly known as African American, that's what they have the problem with, that's label is what kinda dismisses their culture, not being called black.

They want folk to know that black people aren't just all the same, like America like to make it. They hold onto their culture my claiming West Indian, they usually have no problem wit repping black folk hard, and looking at African Americans as their "people" too.

You call the wrong light skinned dude not black on my island and you might have to see them wit da palmbs.

-And yes, their are black dudes from the island that come to Canada and the States, wanna feel special and rock with the "other" steez.

But if you let other Lucians know you doing this, they gonna light your *** up with jokes, hell your family gonna mock you.

It's literally the same thing with Latinos bro....but you guys ain't trying to accept that....the same way WI's are proud so are we, some of us more than others....NH wanna flash his Latino label above everything else, let that man live, he has as much right to do so, as if he wanted to claim black...and I bet you there wouldn't be some 10 year old movement of NT Latinos mocking him and trolling for wanting to identify as black over Latino....THATS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE NOT TRYING TO SEE.

Im gonna go ahead ans speak for the entire African American community and say, we dont want ninjahood. Or ksteezy for that matter.

Basically. If Ninja wants to be self hating dude let him. We don't need them type of dudes.

It's funny as **** how a video was posted with black latinos, light and dark skin that spoke how latinos came from African people and they are proud of who they are. The dude Laz Alonzo said "You're not just black or Latin, you're both".

And :lol: @ somebody losing respect for steezy for THIS thread. Dude been saying dumb, ignorant **** for a long time.

Basically. If Ninja wants to be self hating dude let him. We don't need them type of dudes.

It's funny as **** how a video was posted with black latinos, light and dark skin that spoke how latinos came from African people and they are proud of who they are. The dude Laz Alonzo said "You're not just black or Latin, you're both".

And :lol: @ somebody losing respect for steezy for THIS thread. Dude been saying dumb, ignorant **** for a long time.

He said it himself he is both :rofl:

But he feels a stronger pull towards his Latino roots, so that's what he classifies himself as....that makes him "self-hating"
Could I claim them same about him if he was running around claiming to be black over Latino?...he has a right to claim both together or separate, he made his choice, what is it to any of ya?..lol

Last edited:

It's literally the same thing with Latinos bro....but you guys ain't trying to accept that....the same way WI's are proud so are we, some of us more than others....NH wanna flash his Latino label above everything else, let that man live, he has as much right to do so, as if he wanted to claim black...and I bet you there wouldn't be some 10 year old movement of NT Latinos mocking him and trolling for wanting to identify as black over Latino....THATS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE NOT TRYING TO SEE.

First off, I'm not forcing a damb thing on anyone. One of my very first post in this thread was saying Ninja can identify as what he wants.

And please don't make it seem like this is just a one way street of mocking Ninja. Dude talks slick about black people all the time, so do you, and dude seems ignorant to aspects of the very culture that he claims to be wanting to be identified with so much

Plus It is literally not the same. I'm saying plenty of West Indians hold onto their culture, while having no problem accepting and celebrating their African heritage. They got no problem identifying as black.

Some Latinos think going so somehow deludes the unique culture

Not the same

Last edited:
First off, I'm not forcing a damb thing on anyone. One of my very first post in this thread was saying Ninja can identify as what he wants.

And please don't make it seem like this is just a one way street of mocking Ninja. Dude talks slick about black people all the time, so do you, and dude seems ignorant to aspects of the very culture that he claims to be wanting to be identified with so much

Plus It is literally not the same. I'm saying plenty of West Indians hold onto their culture, while having no problem accepting and celebrating their African heritage. They got no problem identifying as black.

Some Latinos think going so somehow deludes the unique culture

Not the same

Forgive us, we associate the label black to African American culture bro (IN AMERICA because back home I'm sure Ninja is not going around fighting a random Dominican in the capital that says "Mira Moreno!") is it technically correct, sure isn't, because there are black people in every Latin country....but here in America in a city like NYC is the way we were brought up, black = AA somehow taking up the label to a lot of Latinos, means giving up our own ethnic category because our culture is pretty different than the African American culture....still a lot of Latinos have no problem being identified as black eventhough they would probably still identify as just Latino, like West Indian some do just want to identify as just West Indian....I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they are self hating or trying to distance themselves from their African roots.

Last edited:
You sound so ******* ignorant :stoneface: :smh:

Every time I come back in here you saying some wild dumb **** then make a post about how you offended and other ppl are bigots :smh:

What black West Indian doesn't know they're black? That wouldn't identify as black? You got a problem with the word "AND" or something? or is it just more latent subtle racism towards black ppl?

The more examples you make the dumber you sound. Show me the black West Indian that just wants to self identify as West Indian.

Bruh show me a black West Indian that's not gonna look at you like you stupid if you use the same logic ya using towards NH and when they answer "I'm West Indian" you go on a rampage telling him "No you are a black West Indian"
My mother, father, grandma, auntie, tantie, brothers, sisters, cousins, 2nd cousins, godfather, godmother, West Indian neighbors, etc.

Probably got couple hundred relatives I know would not be on that ridiculous **** you just described. Aint none of them on this "I'm West Indian." That's it. End stop. They all know they black.

You sound stupid b.

Last edited:
My mother, father, grandma, auntie, tantie, brothers, sisters, cousins, 2nd cousins, godfather, godmother, West Indian neighbors, etc.

Probably got couple hundred relatives I know would not be on that ridiculous **** you just described. Aint none of them on this "I'm West Indian." That's it. End stop. They all know they black.

You sound stupid b.

Bro we just going to keep going in circles....call it how you want, because if you actually try to understand my posts I'm not disagreeing with any of y'all.

Last edited:

You sound stupid b.

Bro we just going to keep going in circles....call it how you want.
I did and continue to do so.

I started off that last post saying any time I come in this thread there's something new and wild dumb posted by you I see.

Dudes like you and Anton can't go a post without ending it on some condescending offensive words....is legit far more constructive discussing **** with Rusty.

Off to the block list you go bro, me and you are just never gonna be able to chop it up even if we on different sides of the table.

I never envision chopping it up with SWS, ppl who consistently say questionable racists things about black ppl, never seem to learn from it, and appear to thrive off that ignorance. Pretend like they add anything constructive after being offensive and then turn around and play the victim the next time a similar topic comes up. So that was never gonna happen honestly.

Maybe Rusty just got a higher threshold for it and is less condescending.

large.gif

I think Steezy means well. He has made some very ignorant and questionable posts about black people but I don't get the feeling that there's active malicious intent behind it. I feel like he's often trying to say something else but it just comes out the wrong way.  

"These and other African countries typically rank high on any diversity index because of their multitude of tribal groups and languages."

I wonder if within walking distance I can buy a Gyro, mofongo, dumplings, pizza and curry chicken and hear, people speak Spanish, Russian, English, Indian, Italian, etc in Chad.

I think we have two different ideas of what's considered "diversity"

bro you know diversity doesn't necessarily translate to how 'different you look.' within a country in africa you can probably find numerous different tribes that speak different languages and have completely different customs. its throughout the world. before colonists arrived to foreign continents there were thousands of different indigenous tribes.

you are crying about grouping people together yet you are doing that by saying all africans have the same culture because you can't get curry chicken then pizza within a walking distance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom