I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Why does it matter so much to people that Ninja doesn't want to identify as black? It is what it is, nobody is gonna convince Ninja to say otherwise 
laugh.gif

Why does it matter so much to people that Ninja doesn't want to identify as black? It is what it is, nobody is gonna convince Ninja to say otherwise :lol:

Clearly, I just want him to stop with the dumb excuses as to why he's not while putting other people in that box. Just say your'e not black like Ruckus and keep your mouth shut.
Ur a satanist though.........

Everyone is racist, this is true, because as Humans, we are meant to judge people, and judging is a natural sense mechanism for safety from different people. It's nature, you won't see too many different animals co-exist and cope with each other unless they are in the zoo or trained or raised.

There's a difference though between "racist" and "race realist" though.

Everyone is racist, this is true, because as Humans, we are meant to judge people, and judging is a natural sense mechanism for safety from different people. It's nature, you won't see too many different animals co-exist and cope with each other unless they are in the zoo or trained or raised.

There's a difference though between "racist" and "race realist" though.
No everyone is prejudiced
Not everyone is racist
BIG difference

guess da Dominican Republic, my homeland, my culture, heritage, my hispanic/latino roots my family means absolutely nothing... [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Like i said

proposednewcensusrace.png

Da US census corrects it for da next count.

So....you're on da losing side of this..

LOL you can be Latino, hispanic, Dominican AND black/African...

Yeah, this guy is ½ puerto rican & ½ black

56a1b8a1d0b8e550ad6875473d47e783b4b8ceb2b251e0fc8855e1cc842fa145_large

I hope y'all are keeping track of everyone who is saying they're racist.

Especially anyone who swears up and down they aren't racist :lol:

Got screens ready for later events :lol:

No everyone is prejudiced

Not everyone is racist

BIG difference

Everyone is racist, just different levels. Prejudice is within the definition of racism, stop trying to absolve yourself....judging by some of your comments on NT you are definitely racist. 
No I have no problem with someone's color
It's either the dumb **** someone does or their attitude or opinions or whatever hat makes me not like someone
I have been cool with people regardless of race
I live in the bay
Which is diverse as can be
Plus I'm black
We are the most accepting people on earth
It may be other things why we don't like a person
But race isn't one
More black people have a diverse group of friends
Than any other ethnicity

guess da Dominican Republic, my homeland, my culture, heritage, my hispanic/latino roots my family means absolutely nothing... [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Like i said

How does that work if Puerto Ricans are black??? :nerd:

my grandparents on my father side is Portuguese Spaniard , Italian and Indian... 

my grandparent on my mother side is black

Im lightskinned people mistake me for being dominican all the time , but i identify as black

and black does not equal to African American. there are too many types of black people all across the world to identify as AA.. if thats the case all white people should be classified as EuroAmericans 

No I have no problem with someone's color

It's either the dumb **** someone does or their attitude or opinions or whatever hat makes me not like someone

I have been cool with people regardless of race

I live in the bay

Which is diverse as can be

Plus I'm black

We are the most accepting people on earth

It may be other things why we don't like a person

But race isn't one

More black people have a diverse group of friends

Than any other ethnicity

Let's forget that you have no real data to support the claim that black people have more diverse group of friends. Black people in this country are economically, socially, and geographically segregated as a result of institutionalized racism.....so no, black people do not have a more diverse group of friends than everyone else. 

Having friends of another race doesn't make you not racist. We've heard that nonsense from whites as well, and it hold zero merit. A white guy becoming friends with ninjahood or ben carson doesn't mean he's not racist.

Racism is built on hypocrisy, I see a lot of it coming from you young padawan. 
:rolleyes
Ur a racist and satanist
Ur not dropping as many jewels as u think u are

Soooo judging by ur posts

Ur a satanist AND a racist.....

Sure........I mean I'm aware of my prejudices, some of them racially based. I try not to let it affect my decision making like Youngdoc said. 

You keep saying that i'm a satanist but you are yet to make a point? :lol:  I haven't denied any of these allegations once. 
No point I just like pointing it out
Satanist

Tbh, I believe racism is natural, you just have to have enough sense to know better.

If everyone was the same color, people would discriminate against hair color. If we all had the same hair color, it would be eye color. If we all had the same eye color, it would be size. So on and so on.

It's just the way humans are. We...or most of us, like to be around people we are similar to.

Like i said

How does that work

Puerto Rican father (who passed away) and African American Mother

Carmelo Anthony is half African-American and half Puerto Rican. He was born and raised in the U.S., but the 27-year-old wears his Latin pride on his sleeve -- almost literally -- with a tattoo of the Puerto Rican flag on his right hand.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/13266/melo-dishes-on-his-puerto-rican-heritage

Last edited:
I just want to understand what's so hard about NOT being racist? Y'all be just looking to hate one another SMH.

Tbh, I believe racism is natural, you just have to have enough sense to know better.

If everyone was the same color, people would discriminate against hair color. If we all had the same hair color, it would be eye color. If we all had the same eye color, it would be size. So on and so on.

It's just the way humans are. We...or most of us, like to be around people we are similar to.
Nah everyone isn't born racist
Peep lol kids in preschool and kindergarten
They all get along and play with each other
Until other people like parents or tv influence that type of behavior
Kids may be prejudiced
Like not wanting to play with a kid cause his nose is always snotty
Or cause another kid is always annoying
But race is never a reason at that age where they don't like each other
It's when they get outside influence where things change

In da united states, black = African American. To call me black and impose ur idea about who i am undermines my entire hispanic/latino Dominican identity.

Da US census has already addressed this and have created a Hispanic/latino box for future forms.

Hennessey already broke down da endocentrism/cultural relativism and told ya about how da 1 drop Jim Crow rules stop at da shores yeeears ago.
No, African American doesn't equate to "black". Charlize Theron is South African, and a naturalized American citizen. She's African-American.

To call her black would be to impose ideas about who she is and undermine her European/Afrikaans identity, as a white woman.

Again, you're gerrymandering. The census is just testing the option in a study, and you keep failing to point out that black Latinos are still selecting BLACK.
Despite concerns that the combined question would lead to less data about Afro-Latinos, the proportion of Hispanics who also reported as black was not statistically different in the separate-question or combined-question format, bureau officials said. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nges-in-how-it-asks-about-race-and-ethnicity/
There's no "one-drop rule" being applied in your case. There's scientific evidence, posted in this very thread that your heritage is 80% African. Only thing people are trying to get you to understand is, you're BLACK!

...and you can cut this out breh, I'm from New York and have both Puerto Rican and Dominican relatives. Run that game on NT'er that don't know Dominicans are fallaciously ethnocentric and the majority of them are closet racists, facts. The pro-black Dominican guy I've mentioned is lighter than anyone in this picture.

But don't take my word for it:
the Dominican Republic has become the Caribbean’s second largest tourist destination after Puerto Rico, attracting many tourists who stay at the many beachfront resorts. However, by extreme contrast, the vast majority of the national population lives in distressed conditions. In the most southern regions of the Dominican Republic, nearest the border of Haiti, poverty runs rampant and families live in squalor.

The ethnic composition of the Dominican Republic consists of two primary people groups: Dominicans and Haitian-Dominicans. The majority of the population is Dominican, a racial mixture of Afro-Caribbean, Indigenous Caribbean, and European ancestry. Haitian-Dominicans make up the largest minority and include refugees, undocumented immigrants, and second- and third- generation descendents of migrant sugarcane workers brought over from Haiti in the mid-1900s. The majority of Haitian-Dominicans, even though they were born in the country, are not recognized as citizens by the government and therefore have no access to social services such as education or health care. There is much racial strife and prejudice between these two co-existing people groups.

While under Spanish rule during the 15th and late 19th centuries, the Dominican Republic employed the social system known as the caste system, categorizing people by their skin color. Remnants of this stratification remain to this day. Even though an estimated 90 percent of the contemporary Dominican population has African ancestry, most Dominicans do not self-identify as black. Haitian-Dominicans, regarded as black by Dominicans, occupy the bottom of the caste system and are often the target of racial prejudice.

https://cotni.org/where-we-serve/dominican-republic

Last edited:

Like i said

How does that work

Puerto Rican father (who passed away) and African American Mother

Carmelo Anthony is half African-American and half Puerto Rican. He was born and raised in the U.S., but the 27-year-old wears his Latin pride on his sleeve -- almost literally -- with a tattoo of the Puerto Rican flag on his right hand.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/13266/melo-dishes-on-his-puerto-rican-heritage
Nah I been knew he was halt black and half Puerto Rican
But if Puerto Ricans are also considered to be black and/have black ancestry meaning they are essentially black
Wouldn't he be like 3/4 black :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom